Almost 10 years ago ... I came to Lambo Power

gmendoza

Cliff notes: I like cars. I bought a Murcie and I love it. It's bad ass. /thread

I've been a gearhead since I can remember. I earliest car memory is a 3-year old me giggling my ass off as I'm riding with my uncle in his Pinto doing donuts in the dirt. I've liked Lambos since that day in third grade when my computer teacher gave me a stamp on my paper for being awesome at Oregon Trail on the OG Apple Macintosh. The stamp was Countach. I remember looking at this stamp in awe. What was this car? So I asked. She said, "Its a Lamborghini. A Lamborghini Countach." I never forgot that day.

Fast forward 8 years later and I'm at my first job selling chicken at the local KFC. I hear this insane sounding beast. I can tell it making its way around the parking lot but I cant see it due to it's roofline that lower than every lowered Civic in the parking lot. What is it?!?!? The beast finally reaches me. My jaw drops. It's a purple Diablo!!! It was like that time in third grade.

Then about 10 years ago I was looking to buy my first exotic, a V8 Esprit. I had heard that some guy on Lambo Power (Allan) was selling one. We made a deal, I bought the car. I stuck around, went on a few L-power drives, it was fun times. Loved going on drives seeing all sorts of Lambos but it never occurred to me that I'd own one one day. It just didn't seem realistic.

Since then, I've owned a few other cars. I was getting the itch for something else. I was considering putting my V8 Vantage up for sale. I hesitated because I loved that car. Sure, it was slow, but soooo pretty, at least to me. I had two requirements: exotic and manual. I considered a GT3, R8, Gallardo, F430 (this turned to be a unicorn) but nothing never really talked to me enough to want to dump my gorgeous girlfriend who isn't very good in bed, also know as the Vantage.

Then I get a call from a good friend. He told me he just got a manual 2004 Murcie delivered and I need to drive it. So I go over to check it out. I'm greeted by the orange beast. I'm not gonna lie, it was a bit intimidating. I take the car out and I was amazed how easy it was to drive, the gobs of torque, easy clutch, great forward visibility. Locating the rear quarters of the car when driving, not so easy. lol The car also felt solid. The acceleration was enough and braking could be better, but there was no denying the car was special. I was sold, the Murcie talked to me. Now could I pull it off.

Owning a Lambo, or any other car, was never my motivation for working hard. My motivation isn't based on materials, it's driven by the need to be constantly learning more and more, doing the best that I can at anything I do, and promoting as soon as I can. Then I'll reward myself with a car within my budget every once in a while. I did some numbers and realized I may be able to pull it off.

My friend tells me about a car he passed on but seems to have potential. I call the seller and after a little negotiating, we make a deal. A week after the seller received the funds, the car arrives.

The truck pulls up to the house and I'm still in disbelief. The shipper backs the car out and as I see it for the first time, all I can say is, "Wow." It was like third grade all over again. Shipper gets out and said there it is. A take a couple of pics. I get in the car, and I still don't believe its mine. Now this happened so fast that the Vantage wasn't even sold yet and I was out of garage space. Luckily my neighbor wasn't using a spot in his garage. So I park the Vantage at the neighbors house, park the Murcie in my garage. I didn't get to drive it that day.

The next day, I wash it and take it for a test drive. It's a 2006, manual, with aftermarket exhaust. Oh my mutha f'n gee!!! It was awesome!!!! I loved the car much more than I thought I would. I also can't believe the amount of attention this car gets. With other exotics, mostly car people notice. This car, everyone notices. This car make grown men act like little kids. My brother in law said, "I don't really care about the other cars you have/had, but with this one I want to take a picture." It's very interesting.

Anyhow, here are some crappy pics. I'll do a proper shoot later.

505D3956-72D8-48DD-B66C-D3B86257BCAF_zps

1C5A33AD-6F13-4F3E-9D07-34A85B0EFBF1_zps

AF9F83B3-C566-4820-9A6E-D49864AA9DD1_zps

BD651502-6BA6-40E0-BDB9-06C08FA15CA8_zps

3A46A9FC-CB70-4545-853D-83E74D42F15A_zps

Congrats again man. If anyone deserves it you do. Can't wait to see it even if Dreamcast says I only like it for the color.

:icon_thumleft:

p.s. u skipped the part about farting in my Gallardo when test-driving it.

Is there anyone that didn't fart in your gallardo? I even farted in your SV.

Donzikid, yup that was it.

:icon_thumleft:

p.s. u skipped the part about farting in my Gallardo when test-driving it.

Dude!! That wasn't me. It was the sewer or something. You know that part of town is a little dirty. lol

WTF Dreamcast?!? Assman farted in the SV and I haven't even gotten a ride? I see how it is.

Congrats again man. If anyone deserves it you do. Can't wait to see it even if Dreamcast says I only like it for the color.

Thanks Raj. lol I guess you can say Messycans like gold too. :)

Awesome story, Enjoy! I hope to be nailing my goals in my 30s and at some point own a 2nd Lambo.

Congrats dude! You are amassing a great stable of cars!

No shit...I was wondering where he is going to park them all. Good problem to have.

Great story, congrats to you and your success to achieve your goal. I can't wait till the day that I can make a similar post. I almost did back in 2005, but chose a Ruf Rturbo 911 as I was looking for more of a daily/more frequent driver at the time. A bad investment right before the world crashed destroyed me and Ive been working my way back ever since. I will follow in your foot steps soon enough! Enjoy the beast, she is gorgeous.

Is there anyone that didn't fart in your gallardo? I even farted in your SV.

WTF Dreamcast?!? Assman farted in the SV and I haven't even gotten a ride? I see how it is.

Thanks Raj. lol I guess you can say Messycans like gold too. :)

I have 2 words for u guys "ROOF SCOOPS"

:icon_butt:

No shit...I was wondering where he is going to park them all. Good problem to have.

I know a guy with a lemon farm who can store 11 or more cars...

FYI - I never farted in your SV. It's just not polite.

Thanks guys for the kind words.

I have two words for you too, UFO kit. :icon_butt: