Tianjin Explosion

Lambo91

My best to all of them. Very trajic.

2 nights ago i had a dream of an explosion going off like a nuclear bomb. I saw a cloud of black dust coming at me and heard the sonic boom. I Couldn't go back to bed.. Oddly enough, 2 nights before 911 i had a dream of being on a sky scraper elevator and the sky scraper coming down. I've actually never even been in a sky scraper.

Both accounts I have actually told a coworker about the dream the next day, and they have been the ones to come at me like???? Didn't you just have a dream about something like this?

Odd.

My best to all of them. Very trajic.

2 nights ago i had a dream of an explosion going off like a nuclear bomb. I saw a cloud of black dust coming at me and heard the sonic boom. I Couldn't go back to bed.. Oddly enough, 2 nights before 911 i had a dream of being on a sky scraper elevator and the sky scraper coming down. I've actually never even been in a sky scraper.

Both accounts I have actually told a coworker about the dream the next day, and they have been the ones to come at me like???? Didn't you just have a dream about something like this?

Odd.

Can you please dream of me buying a Lambo? :eusa_pray:

That 50 will sadly rise because 700 are injured. Brutal disaster.

Chinese always under report casualties in these cases. I am sure the actual number is much much higher unfortunately.

Chinese always under report casualties in these cases. I am sure the actual number is much much higher unfortunately.

That's what my chinese friends told me too..apparently anything above 36-37 deaths the state minister will lose his job.. And I also read that they stopped CNN from going to the hospitals..

:iamwithstupid:

Thoughts and prayers to all of the people affected. My sincere hope is that this was accidental and not an intentional act.

Reported blast zone was 1 mile so there will be higher number on deaths, the shock wave destroyed building even further. RIP

Xinhua News from yesterday:

"Firefighters reported to the scene at 10:50 PM in response to a fire report from the Ruihai warehouse. They were unable to contain the blaze before the catastrophic detonations at 11:30 PM (11:30 AM Wednesday morning, EST). The initial blast was estimated as equivalent to three tons of TNT, while the second blast was the approximate yield of a 21-ton TNT explosion. Seismographs picked up both explosions."

CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/asia/china-t...ions/index.html

"According to the Tianjin Tanggu Environmental Monitoring Station, hazardous chemicals stored by the company concerned include sodium cyanide (NaCN), toluene diisocyanate (TDI) and calcium carbide (CaC2), all of which pose direct threats to human health on contact. NaCN in particular is highly toxic. Ca(C2) and TDI react violently with water and reactive chemicals, with risk of explosion."

Since some of the hazardous chemicals that were stored react violently with water, in a hectic scene perhaps hosing of the initial fire possibly contributed to the first explosion if the firefighters on scene weren't aware of the chemical contents. The following larger explosion would then be a consequence of the first. Just thinking aloud, if that sound plausible to anyone else.

I am curious to know how this video made it online? The person filming it is pretty sure dead seeing how close he was and the bricks went flying into his face..how on earth did he made it out alive to upload this?

http://h5.qzone.qq.com/ugc/share?appid=311...110b00&g=84

this guy definitely didn't stand a chance...sad.

8b0ea584jw1ev0eismucog206o0504lo.gif

Damn! Pure luck, that's how.

Looks to be a security camera to me.

He was talking about the link, not the gif image.

I thought the same thing initially.

Live updates on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/live/veh2e41lp0he

an hour ago this was translated.

"The Tianjin Binhai New Area explosion, just how many people were killed? Officially published figures say 50 people died in the accident, 11 of which were members of the firefighting effort. However, "Apple" reporters followed family members of those missing, and police cars into the disastor-zone investigation. According to the police, 120 firefighters and armed police entered the site to help, but only 4 came out. Added with the others, there should ought to be approximately 200 dead. The police also said, there were many dead from those living in their houses, mostly from broken shards of glass. The power of the explosion was enormous, with everything within 10 kilometers being affected. Police also criticized firefighters for improperly fighting the fire with water; you must not use water, use chemical foam fire extinguishing instead. Most strange is this: I have a friend on WeChat (Chinese IM service), her friend was a soldier involved in the rescue, who told her that they had already lifted, two or three hundred bodies from the site. Internet users also said not to trust the news from the mainland."

RIP-Wouldnt be surprise if this killed over 1,000-I hope it isn't but that 2nd blast was MASSIVE

Having containers of alkali metal waste sitting around a populated area...wtf. Blood is definitely on someone's hands. It actually may have been less harmful to get rid of it the same way we used to.