Which one?

Fortis

I can't believe how well the purple/yellow combo works. Having the guts to do it is a different story :icon_mrgreen:

Don't know how I missed this... Bud DAMN! That Purple, man that's hot!

I kinda agree, for me the purp/yellow is a bit much, but that's EXACTLY WHAT THIS CAR NEEDS!

White/red is safe and awesome if you get cold feet. :lol2:

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely love the purple. Although I too would downplay it a bit with silver accents (not that I don't love the yellow, I think it looks amazing, just a tad TOO bold for me). The other part about the purple I like the best, is that you will have an SV-R that is VERY Unique. And on cars like this, I would personally love the idea of being one of the few, if not the ONLY one specced out like this. And not that you care about future value, but it is something that could end up helping the value of the car down the road like the MOnterrey Blue Murci SV and such....

I agree with your idea of downplaying it but those seats looks so good in contrasting colors it would be a shame not to do it.

Don't know how I missed this... Bud DAMN! That Purple, man that's hot!

I kinda agree, for me the purp/yellow is a bit much, but that's EXACTLY WHAT THIS CAR NEEDS!

White/red is safe and awesome if you get cold feet. :lol2:

So true that's exactly how I feel, my heart says resale suicide purple my brain says don't be stupid play it safe and get the white :lol2:

Its really a tossup about the resale suicide. It may not be for everyone, but that combo being 1 of a kind could be worth quite a bit extra to certain people!

So true that's exactly how I feel, my heart says resale suicide purple my brain says don't be stupid play it safe and get the white :lol2:

:lol2:

They should name the color via ad personam for you "Lamborghini Resale Suicide Purple".

So it would be officially and proudly just that.

Of course this is your money and your decision but like you have said you don't usually think too much about that resale thingie or cut corners to please others.

Another thing you have said is that you don't like too much stares. But if you are getting the one and only on SV Roadster in the area it does not matter what color it will draw audience everywhere. Even if it had grey on grey on grey straight outta cement mixer color palette.

But for right buyer this can be the one that raises above any other and could be worth more than common colors. Who knows really?

Yeah I think 30th Magnolia is better color than Viola Ophelia. Have not seen on real life but in many pictures ophelia looks almost too dark and grape color..

Its really a tossup about the resale suicide. It may not be for everyone, but that combo being 1 of a kind could be worth quite a bit extra to certain people!

I agree but the local market is very small, anyway I am not taking any of that into consideration, I am really tempted to spec the resale suicide purple :icon_mrgreen: and I think that's what I will do for now, I will have plenty of time to change my mind.

:lol2:

They should name the color via ad personam for you "Lamborghini Resale Suicide Purple".

So it would be officially and proudly just that.

Fortis RSP :lol2:

Fortis congrats. Very exciting times.

I am not a fan of the purple, I find it feminine, may need to see it in person? I also think you need to be careful on resale, it's a very unique color that may have limited appeal. I might be wrong but I don't think I am :icon_mrgreen:

I also think the matte trend has come and gone, much like the blacked out taillights, I would be careful there too.

Whatever you choose though congrats and enjoy. Very cool :icon_thumleft:

I am not a fan of the purple, I find it feminine, may need to see it in person? I also think you need to be careful on resale, it's a very unique color that may have limited appeal. I might be wrong but I don't think I am :icon_mrgreen:

I also think the matte trend has come and gone, much like the blacked out taillights, I would be careful there too.

Whatever you choose though congrats and enjoy. Very cool icon_thumleft.gif

St Louie - Porter?

Anyway with the GT3RS in purple I think it's fine for resale especially on a limited production SV.

Also think matte is here to stay with the new technology maintenance is no longer an issue - while it may not photograph well the satin is IMO beautiful against the matte carbon.

Of course I am bias and chose Blurple matte :)

Hoping you get your slot - my gut says you will it's all about relationships and every Roadster will have the same stamp 1 - 500 so who knows how many units will be built.

As far as resale goes, don't build it for someone else!

It seems like 9/10 people in here loves the purple..so i'd say as long as you get that particular shade of purple in that render going..you should be fine!

It's not the same as the Jota purple..the one in the render looks more special..much darker violet..

mclaren-p1-violet-4.jpg

Here is my take on it.

Black I wouldn't do. I love black but the car has so many black accent pieces that get lost in black unfortunately.

White looks good both in matte and regular, this is the safe bet. Easy resale.

Purple is a color that I normally would't even look at in the configurator, especially with yellow.

But seeing it in the picture I fell in love. It's just so insanely crazy baller.

I say purple with small yellow sv sticker.

But do the gloss purple, not the matte.

The matte cheapens the look of the car. It needs the gloss to really bring out the violet in the sunlight.

If you want to drive discreetly, use your other cars.

Whatever you choose though congrats and enjoy. Very cool :icon_thumleft:

I think this particular shade of purple would make for a huge visual impact and make a unique car even more unique, I agree on the matte fad never been a fan but it does look quite striking if done right, I also agree on resale hence me calling it suicide purple :icon_mrgreen:

For now I will select two color combos and take my time with the final decision.

St Louie - Porter?

Anyway with the GT3RS in purple I think it's fine for resale especially on a limited production SV.

Also think matte is here to stay with the new technology maintenance is no longer an issue - while it may not photograph well the satin is IMO beautiful against the matte carbon.

Of course I am bias and chose Blurple matte :)

Hoping you get your slot - my gut says you will it's all about relationships and every Roadster will have the same stamp 1 - 500 so who knows how many units will be built.

It's satin and matte the same? I've seen few colors which didn't appear fully matte they had a slight gloss to them, I think it was on a Benz, that's why I said if done right combined with other elements it can look very good.

I hope they will allocate the stock also, will see what happens.

As far as resale goes, don't build it for someone else!

I completely agree and I wouldn't build it for someone else, I never do but I don't keep my cars long and with this being in the 7 figures zone even on the secondary market it would be nice to know that when the time comes to putting it on the chopping block it doesn't turn into a too much of a headache.

It seems like 9/10 people in here loves the purple..so i'd say as long as you get that particular shade of purple in that render going..you should be fine!

It's not the same as the Jota purple..the one in the render looks more special..much darker violet..

mclaren-p1-violet-4.jpg

That's the issue, how would you get that exact shade of purple that's in the render? :eusa_think:

come to the purple side my son, you will see the light

I had one purple car before, many years ago I had a BMW painted in Jota purple :icon_mrgreen:

Here is my take on it.

Black I wouldn't do. I love black but the car has so many black accent pieces that get lost in black unfortunately.

White looks good both in matte and regular, this is the safe bet. Easy resale.

Purple is a color that I normally would't even look at in the configurator, especially with yellow.

But seeing it in the picture I fell in love. It's just so insanely crazy baller.

I say purple with small yellow sv sticker.

But do the gloss purple, not the matte.

The matte cheapens the look of the car. It needs the gloss to really bring out the violet in the sunlight.

If you want to drive discreetly, use your other cars.

I agree with your rationale and I feel exactly the same.