VADER MP4 meets DARK KNIGHT LP!

NRG x Lambo

hey guys,

first off, thanks for all the great input on the thread the other day. not only was it a very clear case for the LP640, but the GT4 sold the same day i was "thinking" it over. LOL. so the choice was clear for MANY reasons... but so far, i'm very happy! i brought this beast home today! this thing is quite a different experience from the MP4 and even my older gallardo. the website listing the LP640 as salvage seems to be an error and incorrect. BOTH major car reports came back clean, and the car went to Raging Bull Performance for a FULL PPI and inspection. came back with clean bill of health. the owner, frank even gave me a call saying he did a lot of the serving on this car for the prior owner and said the car is SOLID (for the year, miles, and example). between the PPI, and the final selling price, i felt 10x more confident in pulling the trigger. the BATTLESHIP grey sitting next to my MATTE BLACK mclaren makes for a very sinister-y (made up word) combo. i love it!

OH... and 2 bonuses... Frank from Raging Bull said that the car was already pre-equipped with their performance exhaust AND tune. i forget exactly how much extra power, but i'll find out. BOTH mods that were never listed by Eurocar.

there are a FEW QUIRKS about the car, and hoping maybe it's a NORMAL thing or a simple fix for it:

1) STICKY BUTTONS: a LOT of the rubber buttons (center console area, around gauge cluster frame, and where the "R" gear select panel is) that are sticky. can these be cleaned or treated to remove the stickiness? what's causing it? is it a specific cleaner or solvent that turns the buttons sticky?

2) SEAT BELT WARNING: both myself and my daughter were buckled in, but every once in a while, the dash would indicate a seat belt light and chime?

3) FRONT WINDSHIELD DISTORTION: it seems like the front glass is flat, but from the inside there's a weird distortion effect when you look out onto the road. specially along the a-pillar and bottom driver corner of windshield. it's kind of annoying and a distraction. anyone experience this?

4) E-BRAKE CLICK/POP: every time i want to disengage the E-BRAKE, i hear like a popping sound. is this normal?

ENJOY! PS - sorry for messy garage. in the middle of moving some stuff...

42D0C5A2-691C-484A-AC7C-A03D3BD2DCE3_zps

10EB6C7B-76FE-4F7C-8E5D-EF34D6E6CDB2_zps

AD144FEA-C205-4FE6-83ED-E5444322FA54_zps

69FC248B-BED8-4FEB-8908-E355E3082AA3_zps

B1793E09-EFD4-43A6-B925-17A135AA228A_zps

FB39162B-16AE-44DF-BC95-B88A9ABEEB8A_zps

B75391A0-EE53-4290-B677-F83D4FD5E5C5_zps

09FEC19B-001E-4485-9418-47DA2DDEA5B2_zps

Beauty!! Enjoy it.

Love that you're building a Datsun as well.

Sweet garage....congrats and enjoy in good health.

Love that Murci colour.

Telesto is my favourite color on the LP. Congrats!!

thanks everyone! i had a good chance to take it out and get some time behind the wheel today and i love it! the car is definitely HUGE (compared to maneuvering a gallardo or 12c around).

GOOD NEWS:

1) i got the sticky buttons to go away. did a quick DIY search on the net and found out that baby wipes break down the "gunk" and cleans it up pretty easily.

2) POP sound when dis-engaging E-BRAKE is normal (please chime in if it's not)

BAD NEWS:

1) car has no bluetooth and nav. so might look into upgrading a little on the audio end soon.

2) there's a very ODD distortion through the windshield that keeps annoying me. almost like you're looking out a bubble. but if i sit HIGHER UP (sorry, i'm 5'4") it goes away. its definitely in the lower portion and in corners.

3) seat belt warning like STILL chimes every so often RANDOMLY.

Seat belt chime happened on both of my Lp640s, very common issue. First one the dealer fixed. Second one I had (Grigio Telesto funny enough, not yours though) I buckled the buckle in upside down each time I drove it and it stopped chiming. I remember the POP sound on the ebrake being normal.

Congrats on an amazing car and color!

Seat belt chime happened on both of my Lp640s, very common issue. First one the dealer fixed. Second one I had (Grigio Telesto funny enough, not yours though) I buckled the buckle in upside down each time I drove it and it stopped chiming. I remember the POP sound on the ebrake being normal.

Congrats on an amazing car and color!

thanks VBUGKING! i'll have Frank at Raging Bull check it out. did you EVER experience any type of windshield distortion? i'm reading on the net that it does happen (not specific to lamborghini's) but that every so often even OEM quality glass will have random distortion areas. obviously had it been caught early, it could have been replaced under warranty.

Congrats! The car looks great!!

I have seen windshields with the distortion you mention. It's a manufacturing flaw. Only way to fix it is to have it replaced.

As for dis-engaging E-BRAKE, do not press the button while the handle is in the lowered position. Raise the handle until you feel resistance, THEN push the button and lower the handle. There should be no pop when done this way.

Congrats! The car looks great!!

I have seen windshields with the distortion you mention. It's a manufacturing flaw. Only way to fix it is to have it replaced.

As for dis-engaging E-BRAKE, do not press the button while the handle is in the lowered position. Raise the handle until you feel resistance, THEN push the button and lower the handle. There should be no pop when done this way.

i'll give that a try! thanks!

THIS WORKED PERFECTLY! thank you!