Aventadors catching on fire in same condition?

alpha6164

I am trying to figure out I have seen a handful of Aventadors that have caught on fire in pretty much the exact same way. Guy is revving his engine and bhammm, fire starts in the driver side of the engine. I would like to know particularly the people that have aftermarket exhausts if you guys have looked into this? This cant just be all coincidence for them to happen the same way. Is it fumes or a fuel or oil line that is getting melted? I will be adding an Aventador to the stable in the near future and this kind of concerns me specially since an upgraded exhaust is a must to me. Would love to hear your inputs. Here are two more videos besides the one we have just seen with the fake SV that burned in Duabi.

I would guess there is some type of overflow in the area that is catching fire. An aftermarket exhaust (without cats) should be substantially cooler than the factory setup. And even still, the exhaust pipes alone at that point aren't THAT hot during a free rev. They will be MUCH hotter during high load, even with the airflow.

Something odd is definitely happening here. The second video looks like it made some fumes from the grill catch fire after the exhaust shot some out.

I reckon it might be the oil breather plastic pipe melting and fumes catching, it's on that side and sits just above the unused o2 sensor pipes from the exhaust. Not sure if these are removed in later cars.

Mine melted but luckily didn't catch fire, it was was blamed on aftermarket exhaust (loc), but I think pipe came lose from tag and touched it. Pipe was cheap to replace and it didn't happen again.

I always carry an extinguisher in any performance car I use, smoke and melting happens more often than people would like to imagine, just often doesn't result in fire.

Maybe it's an anti-douche function pre-installed by Lamborghini?

You have that one in Dubai in catching fire in the exact same place again from revving, and then this one in Melbourne yesterday. Again, just revving:

post-1512-1444281559_thumb.jpg

Maybe it's an anti-douche function pre-installed by Lamborghini?

Yes revving at a stand still is sooooo douche , and no one likes it but the douche making the annoyance.

Yes revving at a stand still is sooooo douche , and no one likes it but the douche making the annoyance.

:iamwithstupid:

I don't carry fire extinguishers anymore, except on my 72 Bronco, which broke down again today on the the way back from the repair shop as pictured here.

Wouldn't want to have to try and sell a fire damaged Lamborghini....

post-13077-1444287898_thumb.jpg

I don't carry fire extinguishers anymore, except on my 72 Bronco, which broke down again today on the the way back from the repair shop as pictured here.

Wouldn't want to have to try and sell a fire damaged Lamborghini....

post-13077-1444287898_thumb.jpg

That is pretty! (not to get off topic). The guy who parks next to me has a red one sort of like yours.

Thanks Doc, it's an absolute beast, when it is working. Assman almost killed himself last year hanging off the back as we drove a bunch of kids around our farm up and down some hills. Slowly been fixing it up since I bought it, my son and I work on it when I have time.

• 2 weeks later...

:blush:

I would have a Fire Extinguisher in the car just to play it safe.

I would rather just let it burn and be replaced by insurance, depending on the Aventador.

• 2 weeks later...
I would rather just let it burn and be replaced by insurance, depending on the Aventador.

Insurance would deny the claim due to aftermarket exhaust that probably has no CAT's which is then illegal, in my country anyway.

• 1 month later...
That is pretty! (not to get off topic). The guy who parks next to me has a red one sort of like yours.

Looks like a lot of fun!