670SV VS 2014/15 aventador

Murcipower87

As of right now I own a 2004 Murcielago and I have loved it ever sense I bought it because of the pure power and driving experience. However i think it is time i expand my small collection. I wanted to know what you guys think, as owners of aventadors and 670SV's, what would be the better option, because sadly I can only afford one at this time.

Personally, I would pick up an LP670 SV - limited production and top shelf of the Murcies, already appreciating.

Aventadors on the other hand are depreciating.

^^^ Nothing to add, but reiterate what Plastique999 said.

You mentioned adding to the stable so if that's the case, I'd get rid of the Murcie and pick up the 670. No point really in getting the 670 and the 04.

LP670-4SV after all it is the best of the last and so much driver interaction IMO over the Aventdor.

BUT then again I am bias...I love mine and love selling them..

as a matter of fact, have another one inbound this week

LP670-4SV after all it is the best of the last and so much driver interaction IMO over the Aventdor.

BUT then again I am bias...I love mine and love selling them..

as a matter of fact, have another one inbound this week

The Aventador is the latest and the greatest, especially the SV verson. Having owned a lp640 and now the Lp700 nothing beats the looks of the Aventador IMO. I know looks are subjective but the LP700 is moving ART and it is exciting to drive.

Thank you for the responses. Still open to any more input.

Another question before I move on in the process; anyone who owns a lp700 can you still feel the pure power or does the tech get too involved?

Lastly,

As of right now from the responses I am leaning towards the sv because how could you go wrong with an appreciative asset but then I look at the A and I just get lost in the sharpness of the car, dont get me wrong I love the style of the SV I am just worried it wont be as reliable especially without the warranty put then again any money I put into it I will probably get back from the appreciation. However, are there any issues that i should be concerned about?

I test drove the Aventador when it came out. After the test drive, I got out of the car, told the sales woman, that I wanted THAT lp670sv instead. They are extremely different in terms of driving experience, and also from sound. The Murci has that dirty old school Bizzarrini sound to it, while the Aventador is a cleaner higher pitched V12. Both sound awesome, but different. As previously mentioned, looks are subjective, but so is everything else that makes one buy a specific car. In outright speed there will be barely any difference in real life driving, as so many factors like tractions, tyres, and reaction times will be the biggest factors. The driving experience is completely different too. The Murci is like a go-kart with a V12 strapped to the back. The Aventador is a modern rocketship and easy to handle. Of the automated gearboxes, the Aventador ISR must win this easily? Although the lp640 e/gear I drove was certainly fast enough.

Value wise, the lp670 will be a much better buy than an lp700.

Drive both; it should become very apparent which one you prefer. Buy that.

I test drove the Aventador when it came out. After the test drive, I got out of the car, told the sales woman, that I wanted THAT lp670sv instead. They are extremely different in terms of driving experience, and also from sound. The Murci has that dirty old school Bizzarrini sound to it, while the Aventador is a cleaner higher pitched V12. Both sound awesome, but different. As previously mentioned, looks are subjective, but so is everything else that makes one buy a specific car. In outright speed there will be barely any difference in real life driving, as so many factors like tractions, tyres, and reaction times will be the biggest factors. The driving experience is completely different too. The Murci is like a go-kart with a V12 strapped to the back. The Aventador is a modern rocketship and easy to handle. Of the automated gearboxes, the Aventador ISR must win this easily? Although the lp640 e/gear I drove was certainly fast enough.

Value wise, the lp670 will be a much better buy than an lp700.

Drive both; it should become very apparent which one you prefer. Buy that.

That ^

I had the 3rd Aventador in the US back in Oct 2011--I only kept it 3 months. To me, it was the least involving and " Lambo-like" of the Lambos I've owned. I'm more about the driving experience than the look, so I went on my 670SV search and never looked back. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

An SV is such a special iteration of the Murci that it would be too hard to say 'no' to it. Long term value appreciation if well-maintained, rewarding driving experience, exclusivity and so much more. Take one down before they're too hard to find at a good price.

The Aventador/LP700-4, despite being blindingly fast, feels docile and more GT-like. The LP670-4SV feels like it's trying to kill you if you are not careful. Choose accordingly subject to your preference.

Personally, I would pick up an LP670 SV - limited production and top shelf of the Murcies, already appreciating. Aventadors on the other hand are depreciating.

Exactly!!......in fact I would sell the '04 and get BOTH the LP670 & the Aventador!!

LP670 SV..Because its special,limited,it also looks sexier than an Aventador and also sound better..

Sure the Aventador drives better and easier to live with..BUT so will the next one after the Aventador..i like to pick something in between.. The Aventador will not be as special in the next few years.

I tried not to answer this question as I am bias of course being a MSV owner, twice... that's after driving an Aventador on the road and on the track before getting into my second SV.

You will have to choose the car without looking at the appreciating/depreciating factor. Drive both and pick which one you like the most, which one offers you more emotional attachment.

If you decided to go for the SV, I would sell the 04 Murcielago if I were you and possibly pickup an Aventador down the track... I would not drive the 04 Murcie after having the SV unless you are personally attached to the car.