Cause of revving fires?

robiferretti

All those fires probably involved in heat shield removal and modified exhausts.

Granted not all modified exhausts will increase flame-to-gas vapor reaction, but I'd say if one left the stock exhaust alone, he be safe.

Because it sounds awesome! Most people appreciate it I have found, have to please the majority :P

C&C Parades Fund raisers attended by exotics - can't imagine offering the crowd a hand cupped parade wave while crawling at idle.

Burn outs are ridiculous - mid engine rev's are expected and who am I to disappoint the crowd.

Attend the Columbus Day Parade every year we go thru a heavily populated area of Italians. The Mayor last year asked to walk behind my car to hear the rev's - later he said if I follow you everyone is smiling from ear to ear.

Rev's that cause fires doesn't appear to be an issue on the SV.

The SV has pipes pointing downwards rather than up and out but the question is; Why do you need to rev the tits off the car when static?

Because how else are you going to get those ever important Instagram followers, or Likes on Facebook, or the admiration and envy of all those strangers you so desperately are looking to impress?

Because how else are you going to get those ever important Instagram followers, or Likes on Facebook, or the admiration and envy of all those strangers you so desperately are looking to impress?

That's like saying a sexy girl in a bikini laying poolside is better than her slowly jogging on the beach.

There isn't a man alive who doesn't hope that bikini doesn't fall off or maybe there is.

discovered yet? Is there a fix? (other than just not static revving the piss out of the car)

I spoke to Jeff at NewPort Lambo and these fires occur with straight piped cars. He stated that there is a fuel dump tube in the rear passenger side and usually its not an issue when the primary cats are in place. Once they are moved the gas vapor collects in that area when standing still with continuous revving of the car there is no airflow and the flames that exit the exhaust that is present in a straight piped car causes those fumes to catch on fire.

Interesting, I would imagine a fix would be to reroute the fuel dump tube to release somewhere else? Or has no one looking into that? Is it a specific aftermarket exhaust design or any car that pulls the cats has this possible condition?

I spoke to Jeff at NewPort Lambo and these fires occur with straight piped cars. He stated that there is a fuel dump tube in the rear passenger side and usually its not an issue when the primary cats are in place. Once they are moved the gas vapor collects in that area when standing still with continuous revving of the car there is no airflow and the flames that exit the exhaust that is present in a straight piped car causes those fumes to catch on fire.

Plenty of fires have occurred on the drivers side.

Just an FYI guys don't drive hard then park your car in your garage. Let it cool down for a few minutes and let it cool down outside.

Just an FYI guys don't drive hard then park your car in your garage. Let it cool down for a few minutes and let it cool down outside.

Thanks

Always let the car cool down and lift the hood after a spirited run - too much heat on the carbon fiber never knew AV had vapor issues.

To clarify after seeing the guys rev at WOT - ridiculous plenty of sound once the valves open 3-4k rpm's a few exhaust bursts nothing like what I saw on the other thread spitting fire but after seeing the videos understand the dislike for WOT standing rev's.

Does a completely stock North American Aventador emit flames from the exhaust?

No, not that I've personally seen or experienced.

Does a completely stock North American Aventador emit flames from the exhaust?

Australian Aventador will spit out a quick crisp blue flame under WOT.

Sorry that was a typo/mistake on my part. I meant driver side not passenger side. All the fires occur on driver side where the fuel vapor dump tube is located.

And no Aventadors with cats in place do not spit out 6 foot flames :)

not 6 foot flames, but I've video'd a launch at night in my 700 roadster, and it spit out small blue flames. Not Marshmallow roasting Flames.

not 6 foot flames, but I've video'd a launch at night in my 700 roadster, and it spit out small blue flames. Not Marshmallow roasting Flames.

A launch is different than a static car revving its nuts off, as soon as you start moving air flow will remove any vapor build up that may ignite

A launch is different than a static car revving its nuts off, as soon as you start moving air flow will remove any vapor build up that may ignite

If you must rev the shit out of your car while standing still I would install a small fan behind the grill to blow out the vapors for extra safety, but don't be that D bag that revs to start with.