Two shots

Nuvolari612

Looking great both cars and also that behind the CGT!

Once it's done will do a proper shoot - the paint is a mess.

The dealer took a lot of photos and sent this one with me over two minutes ago - really happy I went with the red centers.

Not sure if it will show but the detailer did one half of the hood.

post-213219-1463255992_thumb.jpg

post-213219-1463256741_thumb.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks should be complete next week and grab some seat time.

nice! i had a track day with my GT3 today and i really wanted to take the SV, but i don't think i can do it. its just to nice lol

nice! i had a track day with my GT3 today and i really wanted to take the SV, but i don't think i can do it. its just to nice lol

GT3 is the right choice - SV's 800hp sport exhaust on any track is going to run up on your friends and whoosh by.

It's true the SV is too damn nice for the track - dealer is getting in a demo Chiron next week hoping we get a run at the air strip be a fun video.

Thanks everyone pictures do not capture the beauty of the SV.

GT3 is the right choice - SV's 800hp sport exhaust on any track is going to run up on your friends and whoosh by.

It's true the SV is too damn nice for the track - dealer is getting in a demo Chiron next week hoping we get a run at the air strip be a fun video.

Thanks everyone pictures do not capture the beauty of the SV.

nice, so overall are you happy with the purchase and wait time etc?

yes the sv will be a beast on any track, but the GT3 is a freakin blast at 9k rpms!

i passed everyone in the corners, but some gtr's and 650 catch up on the long straight :/

nice, so overall are you happy with the purchase and wait time etc?

yes the sv will be a beast on any track, but the GT3 is a freakin blast at 9k rpms!

i passed everyone in the corners, but some gtr's and 650 catch up on the long straight :/

Bad - SV paint correction 20+ hours to correct the factory paint department swirls - ordering confusion needs to be addressed.

Good - NA V12 scissor door roadster fitted with race exhaust Trofeo's there is nada until you stroke a check for an additional 7 figures even then it's a matter of personal preference. SV has a large presence both in sound and performance and is by far the crowd favorite. Detailer had an open house 300 people 100 cars not one got 1/10th the attention which was tiring and awesome!

STL Motors was spectacular offering me their first SV roadster - something Ferrari Mclaren can not offer which is very much appreciated.

This forum good or bad helps owners as I connected with one member who picked up a brand new SV at sticker and many others who helped me make good decisions.

You gotta love cars that go faster in corners vs others in straights it makes for some great competition :)

Why was the paint swirled so badly? It almost looks like it was taken through a car wash a few times.

No idea - it was done by an unskilled worker when the panels were off - there are swirls in hard to get to areas.

After it's all done the paint will be perfect very fortunate to have a highly skilled detailer then Sun Tek and C Quartz finest to protect it for a very long time.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

P.s, there is an ignore feature in your profile should you feel the need to use it.

Thank You!

Found it - should save me a lot of aggravation.

Removing parts to ceramic coat and hide film seams - all work is done in the paint booth.

The engine glass had some water stains where they overlap it was impossible to clean - they were removed to polish and ceramic coated to end that issue.

post-213219-1463588242.jpg

post-213219-1463588259.jpg

post-213219-1463588268.jpg

post-213219-1463588278.jpg

post-213219-1463588289.jpg

post-213219-1463588298.jpg

Love it. The color is nice! Enjoy it.

nice! what does a paint correction job like that run?

Ceramic the car wheels few other areas about 1k - Ceramic makes washing the car easy water repels right off and a good spray with the hose knocks most the dirt right off plus there is no worries about bird poop etc damaging the clear bra.

Clear Bra Sun Tek everything covered 6k - if the Sun Tek is damaged / scratched pour hot water and it literally disappears. Sun Tek is the only clear product on the market it's harder to install but well worth it. Sun Tek also makes a product to cover the matte cf / plastic areas.

Paint correction polishing 65 per hour guessing 15 - 18 hours. This is usually done by the dealer 5 hours or so no charge but prefer the detail guy do it.

Bottom line if you want to drive the car and look it's best for 5+ years silly not to spend the money - only other thing which I may do is protect the windshield.

The pictures represent 7 out of 10 steps of paint work.

Ceramic the car wheels few other areas about 1k - Ceramic makes washing the car easy water repels right off and a good spray with the hose knocks most the dirt right off plus there is no worries about bird poop etc damaging the clear bra.

Clear Bra Sun Tek everything covered 6k - if the Sun Tek is damaged / scratched pour hot water and it literally disappears. Sun Tek is the only clear product on the market it's harder to install but well worth it. Sun Tek also makes a product to cover the matte cf / plastic areas.

Paint correction polishing 65 per hour guessing 15 - 18 hours. This is usually done by the dealer 5 hours or so no charge but prefer the detail guy do it.

Bottom line if you want to drive the car and look it's best for 5+ years silly not to spend the money - only other thing which I may do is protect the windshield.

The pictures represent 7 out of 10 steps of paint work.

makes sense especially if you plan on taking her to the track.

looks great!

A brand new Aventador Superveloce Roadster ... and you take it apart ...

Just kidding, it is an absolutely stunning looking car, that Blu Sideris looks amazing.

About those swirls ... that is just not acceptable if you ask me.

My last car was a black metallic one (not a Lamborghini, but the idea is the same) and the dealer had it cleaned ... lots of hairline scratches on the entier car from washing, just stupid. If you can't do a good job on a brand new car just leave it alone and have a professional do it, next time I'm telling them not to touch it and I will do it myself or have it done decently.

A brand new Aventador Superveloce Roadster ... and you take it apart ...

Just kidding, it is an absolutely stunning looking car, that Blu Sideris looks amazing.

About those swirls ... that is just not acceptable if you ask me.

My last car was a black metallic one (not a Lamborghini, but the idea is the same) and the dealer had it cleaned ... lots of hairline scratches on the entier car from washing, just stupid. If you can't do a good job on a brand new car just leave it alone and have a professional do it, next time I'm telling them not to touch it and I will do it myself or have it done decently.

Thanks! Appreciate your config it helped a lot.

It's simply a matter of management not only hiring but allowing someone to do the work who clearly has no skill.

There was compound runs and dried puddles everywhere when we took off the items.

My guess is the panels are painted and shipped to the factory - the factory wants product out the door so they save time and money by polishing the panels in house.

The gaps are good - worst one was the hood it gets extremely close when it's open the body I could easily see a bad alignment causing minor scrape.

Paint is all good now - just think there is a serious flaw with the program and hopefully it's fixed for the next guy. Lambo did a great job everywhere but for this department which is now corrected.