Current Garage Lineup + Bought wifey a Jaguar F-Type R

NRG x Lambo

so here's the current garage line up. LP640 is gone. Cayman GT4 is here. added an RX450h F-Sport for family. And just recently bought a Jaguar F-Type R convertible for the wifey. a year or so ago, we sold her Maserati Gran Turismo MC for my R8 Spyder, and thought it would be nice to put her back into a nice car. she absolutely loves the F-Type and the new 2016 "R" model comes with 550 HP! oh, and the Datsun is still in the garage and still progressing along slowly.... hopefully i can really get time to finish this car before the end of this year.

4F5536D0-E7BE-47FA-BBF2-674341434D83_zps

978555BB-A68D-4768-8448-76529D18790B_zps

D79C20CF-5579-41CE-B70D-36E4D4861650_zps

35039E42-E3E2-4ED5-B10D-AF9D547BD383_zps

39C6E08F-6588-4474-8ECB-998165220DBF_zps

1IMG_8978_zpsjzkxkela.jpg

Nice line-up. Do you miss the LP640?

yes! i'm sure i'll miss it with more time too. but i'm going to move some stuff around, and hopefully replace the LP640 with another lambo sooner than later! but the telesto LP640 was very awesome.

Congrats to you and your wife! The local dealership gave me one to try for a weekend. Very nice car: elegant, classy, fun and more than enough performance for a DD.

Wow that F Type looks very nice, Jag is reinventing itself, they are putting out some great cars!

Great line up, you must be at a different dealership every weekend :icon_mrgreen:

awesome bro! how you liking the GT4?!

I'm back on the Porsche wagon with a new GT3 and Macan GTS!

loving the new models!

Jag is putting out some great stuff now. I had the new F PACE launch edition ordered but cancelled it. Still went to the dealer to check it out and got some non-buyers remorse haha. Amazing car.

The F Type R is a BEAST to drive too. Reminds me of a british muscle car.

loving the new models!

+1, gotta know how the GT4 is! I've been seeing them around the Westchester, NY/CT area.

Also, congrats on the F-Type! Did an autocross with one and the noise was insane for a car without an aftermarket system.

I secretly really like the Jag F-Type. They are sure making a comeback to rebuild the brand.

I'm with you... F-Type is beautiful :icon_thumleft:

nice collections - GT4!! FTW

f type R with a tune and pulley becomes a pavement wrinkling beast!!!!

Definitely dig the green calipers on the McLaren

Does the F type R eat GT4 alive on straights?

in terms of pure power and speed, YES. hard for at the GT4 to keep up with 550 HP. but the GT4 is much more responsive, sharper, and enjoyable to drive!

A white gt4 just went screaming past my apt. Looked and sounded amazing. Congrats on an always awesome and ever changing line up! Oh, and the jag isn't too shabby either ;)

Very nice. For me it's a car I don't have to stand there and contemplate whether I like the look or not. Last weekend there was an orange one parked at Huntington Beach, which was real nice but I like your look in white better. Never liked the style of any Jag prodeced after the old cigar style Jag, but they nailed this one.

I secretly really like the Jag F-Type. They are sure making a comeback to rebuild the brand.
Me too, but like any roadster, it is labelled a "chick" car :/

Very nice. For me it's a car I don't have to stand there and contemplate whether I like the look or not. Last weekend there was an orange one parked at Huntington Beach, which was real nice but I like your look in white better. Never liked the style of any Jag prodeced after the old cigar style Jag, but they nailed this one.

Dude, white is terrible imo, it shows off those panel gaps so badly.

Congrats to you and your wife! The local dealership gave me one to try for a weekend. Very nice car: elegant, classy, fun and more than enough performance for a DD.

as a DD, the power is MORE than sufficient. it's been enjoyable to drive. not to mention the sound from the factory exhaust is pretty damn cool!

yes. have you seen the concept JAG they had in the new james bond movie? i think it was the C-X75? that was very cool as well!

Jaguar_C-X75_Images_09_1.jpg

jaguar-cx75.jpg

Very nice, that is one sexy rear on that Jag!

agreed!

loving the new models!

i'm in LOVE with the GT4. i don't see this car going anywhere anytime soon! i see a LOT of porsche owners who have both the GT4 and GT3 in their lineup, and wondering if there's that much of a dynamic difference between the car. i mean, i understand the GT3 is a superior car in the lineup, but i'd be curious to see what the GT3 is line with some seat time. sounds like you have a new found love for the P-CARS! we want to see MORE pictures of the SV!

Jag is putting out some great stuff now. I had the new F PACE launch edition ordered but cancelled it. Still went to the dealer to check it out and got some non-buyers remorse haha. Amazing car.

The F Type R is a BEAST to drive too. Reminds me of a british muscle car.

exactly. not the best performance drive... but definitely a MUSCLE car of types for sure: brute, power, loud, etc.

+1, gotta know how the GT4 is! I've been seeing them around the Westchester, NY/CT area.

Also, congrats on the F-Type! Did an autocross with one and the noise was insane for a car without an aftermarket system.

yes. i jokingly told my wife that her 2 cars: Maserati Gran Truism MC and F-Type R have the BEST factory sounding exhaust notes out of the box. nothing comes close. all MY cars have gotten after market systems put in them to compensate. LOL!

Love the F type and GT4! congrats. Putting the Avent search off for a little?

yes. i absolutely WANT an aventador. love the car. but hoping we can pick some nice '13 or '14's for closer to 299-300 in the next 6 months to a year. either that, or work harder and get a ROADSTER!

That is a really good line up of cars. Something for pretty much most occasions.

believe it or not, my KIDS have a huge influence on the cars i buy. i generally pick the car i want, but allow my kids to influence the color, maybe body style: coupe vs convertible, etc. my youngest daughter picked the color of my old Scion FRS because she said it looked like a "shark"... my eldest daughter is the one who convinced us to get a convertible this time because there was no car she could go out in with the top down on these amazing CALIFORNIA weather!

i think JAGUAR hit a home run with this F-Type body. thank you for your kind words!

Me too, but like any roadster, it is labelled a "chick" car :/

Dude, white is terrible imo, it shows off those panel gaps so badly.

i think smaller convertibles definitely have a stigma of being a "chick" car (i.e.: SLK, Z4, boxster, etc). i'm sure the F-Type R will get a few who think it's a chicks car... which is fine, since my wife fits that bill. LOL!

the panel gaps on the F-TYPE are pretty decent. i've seen worse. i think the panel that is the "hood/bonnet" is definitely a bit larger only because the whole frontal clam lifts up and forward to access the engine. i'm sure because of the moment, the body panel gap is larger.