Albert-LP

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamborghini SUV.

Neh.

This has taken a lot for me to process.

I have only recently reluctantly, and begrudgingly, accepted that the models without scissor doors are true Lamborghinis. God only knows what my therapist will say when I tell him I now have to rationalise an SUV with a bull badge.

Saying that if this thing funds the investment for the next V12 (n/a V12, electric motors, dual clutch in 2021/22 is my prediction) then I suppose it will have served a purpose.

I really hope that the brand is not diluted by this and that Porsche is the nearest equivalent template. That is to say that Porsche have somehow retained their sports car manufacturer status despite all those other things they produce. In fact Porsche's status as a sports car has probably increased as a result of the profits realised from the other models allowing them to invest more heavily in their sports cars.

Lamborghini has always been seen as a sports car manufacturer. And not just any sports car. The most edgy, ambitious, stylish and totally out there brand. Apologist to no one with the attitude of FU if you don't like it. Leaders not followers. Long may it continue.

The black one was meant to be lowered to the extreme, over the top, sorry about that.

Perhaps this is more what you have in mind:

2018_urus_test_mule_24.jpg

Yessir. If I am nitpicking, maybe some bigger brakes and probably +1 on wheel size.

Your work is amazing as always. Thanks for what you contribute here.

Not sure I agree.

When the Cayenne was released the SUV market was limited. Only Range Rover had a product with global appeal and sold.

Now the market place is different. Lambo are late to the party and they are not piggy backing with Porsche's know how so all of these other brands have a head start on their product.

But there's also a niche to this niche market as well. Jaguar came late to the SUV game as well and they're selling well I believe (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/08/29/f-pace-sets-record-as-fastest-selling-jaguar-in-companys-history/). I don't know how the Bentley's are doing, but as you guys have said on here, you find it ugly (although I thought it looked pretty nice in person over the pictures) and it's over priced. I'm guessing the same problem will appear here. If it's priced to high then it may not sell as well as it should, but priced correctly it could definitely help the brand.

In all fairness, with regards to your point, Jaguar does have Land Rover to underpin from so I'm sure that helps a lot. Similarly, wouldn't the Lamborghini have the Q7, as did the Bentley.

The SUV market is different, but the fact that the X6M sells very well, any buyer wanting to go up from one of those would automatically go to the Urus. I'd be willing to say that the Urus will attract X6M buyers. Also given how many people buy the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, X5M, X6M, Range Rover SVR and so forth, there's obviously a market for these high performance ones. Plus they are keeping the angular looks of the traditional Lamborghini style, so that'll probably help since I'm sure this will be priced under the Huracan

But there's also a niche to this niche market as well. Jaguar came late to the SUV game as well and they're selling well I believe (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/08/29/f-pace-sets-record-as-fastest-selling-jaguar-in-companys-history/). I don't know how the Bentley's are doing, but as you guys have said on here, you find it ugly (although I thought it looked pretty nice in person over the pictures) and it's over priced. I'm guessing the same problem will appear here. If it's priced to high then it may not sell as well as it should, but priced correctly it could definitely help the brand.

In all fairness, with regards to your point, Jaguar does have Land Rover to underpin from so I'm sure that helps a lot. Similarly, wouldn't the Lamborghini have the Q7, as did the Bentley.

The SUV market is different, but the fact that the X6M sells very well, any buyer wanting to go up from one of those would automatically go to the Urus. I'd be willing to say that the Urus will attract X6M buyers. Also given how many people buy the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, X5M, X6M, Range Rover SVR and so forth, there's obviously a market for these high performance ones. Plus they are keeping the angular looks of the traditional Lamborghini style, so that'll probably help since I'm sure this will be priced under the Huracan

Here in the U.S. it seems there are more SUV's than regular cars....soccer moms everywhere. America likes them Big!! Shoot even people are big - look at our obesity problem in our country.

For this reason, I think the Urus will sell like crazy - it has an aggressive unique styling more than any of the other SUV's (RR, Bentayga, Cayenne, etc.). This alone will sell the car. Soccer mom's don't care about the engine, they just want to look cool dropping off their kids. I think Bentayga priced themselves way too high to sell effectively - if the Urus prices correctly (and I believe they will as my sources tell me), they will steal a lot of RR, G wagon, and Cayenne owners. This is the market they are pinning for, not the raceboy drivers like you and I ;)

I don't think anyone should worry about product quality, handling, reliability, etc. This has the entire VW group behind it, same chassis as the Touareg, Q7, Cayenne, Bentayga. I highly doubt Lamborghini is installing a press either, so only final assembly will occur in Italy. It's very much the R8 / Huracan proposition. And to add to it, they sell what, 100s of 1000s of the others combined annually, what's another 3,500? All it means is what the wealthiest of clients will go to a Lambo dealer instead of getting a Cayenne Turbo S / X6M, or want something as luxurious but more sporty than a Bentayga. If there wasn't any more room in the segment Audi wouldn't be building a Q8, or VW the Atlas, or Jaguar the F-Pace, or.......

I don't think anyone should worry about product quality, handling, reliability, etc. This has the entire VW group behind it, same chassis as the Touareg, Q7, Cayenne, Bentayga. I highly doubt Lamborghini is installing a press either, so only final assembly will occur in Italy. It's very much the R8 / Huracan proposition. And to add to it, they sell what, 100s of 1000s of the others combined annually, what's another 3,500? All it means is what the wealthiest of clients will go to a Lambo dealer instead of getting a Cayenne Turbo S / X6M, or want something as luxurious but more sporty than a Bentayga. If there wasn't any more room in the segment Audi wouldn't be building a Q8, or VW the Atlas, or Jaguar the F-Pace, or.......

If VW is behind it, I'm sure it will have low emissions!!!

Pink-Bentley-Bentayga-3.jpg

This was in London over the weekend.

Imagine what they are going to do with the Lambo? Is that what the Lambo brand really want?

LMAO, I feel kinda weird for liking the colour on this

The slammed black one looks like a Liberty Walk Audi RS6 estate (if that existed).

• 3 weeks later...

When was the bentayaga launched.

How many are in the classifieds?

If your marketplace is like the UK you might be shocked that so many for a prestige brand are for sale.

They have just announced Mulliner options.

But I am sure the Urus will sell...

just ordered one of these for a DD SUV. loving the look of the new Velar!

blue_velar.jpg

Just saw this and Loving the design as well as the updates interior TFT screens.

I'd definitely like one to add to my SVR and LR4.....

What color did you get?

I too am interested in a RR Velar as a DD. But I am also wondering as to how different is this car compared to a Jaguar F-Pace; i.e. if there is any difference at all...mechanically speaking?

When was the bentayaga launched.

How many are in the classifieds?

If your marketplace is like the UK you might be shocked that so many for a prestige brand are for sale.

There has been some serious QC issues with the Bentayga. I am actually surprised that it has been covered up so well.

I too am interested in a RR Velar as a DD. But I am also wondering as to how different is this car compared to a Jaguar F-Pace; i.e. if there is any difference at all...mechanically speaking?

Not a fan of the F Pace interior, looks cheap imo. And the Velar will be displayed at the Vancouver Autoshow end of this month.

Not a fan of the F Pace interior, looks cheap imo. And the Velar will be displayed at the Vancouver Autoshow end of this month.

Well, the F-Pace is a relatively inexpensive car. First model year so it'll improve down the road; perhaps a Portfolio edition? With some luck, I might be able to see the Velar in the real next week.

That's the 1st Range Rover I like the look of, good choice.

• 2 weeks later...

The Velar looks great. I meant to go look at it last weekend in London but got delayed.

HR Owen (one of the three dealer chains in the U.K.) said they have 60 deposits for the urus.

Shocked.

Also new lambo boss have advised them to look for a new showroom in London because their current space is not big enough.

Would be a shame as that showroom has been there from the Diablo days.

Pink-Bentley-Bentayga-3.jpg

This was in London over the weekend.

Imagine what they are going to do with the Lambo? Is that what the Lambo brand really want?

I would drive that, although color is taken from breast cancer manifesting pink ribbon.

pinkitvinkit.gif

At 50k I'm sure it shares a lot with the Jag. I wonder how big it actually is. The Evoque looks amazing in marketing materials but in person you quickly realize it's designed for teenage girls. At similar pricing, it might be really tiny.