pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

Trump needs an adult in the room to stop him from acting like an ass and at the very least try acting like a head of state. Full disclosure on all Russian contacts and put this shit to bed. This is getting pathetic.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melania Trump was sitting next to Putin in that undisclosed dinner at the G20....they both speak German. Then Trump met with Putin privately for an hour using a Russian translator. It stinks.

And to all of you defending not releasing his tax returns, it's pretty obvious why he didn't.

I don't mind opinionated news sources so long as they distinguish their opinions from hard facts. The problem is that too many of them mix the two together, pretending that their "factual" news is unbiased and strictly factual.

Republicans' failure to pass repeal and replace is going to have a significant negative knock on effect on the tax cuts (assuming they can agree on that).

You got to hand it to Trump, the master negotiator. He was wining and dining Senators last night he had in the bag, meanwhile, Lee and Moran pulled the rug out from him. Also can't help himself, settling petty scores, floating running somebody against Flake in 2018 while he needs his vote....hopefully a sane Republican will run in 2020 against Trump.

Pretty rich to hear Trump criticize Democrats when McConnell did this under reconciliation and literally say he is not owning it. This will become a pattern as he ratchets up more failures.

Through Drudge - Why GOP Congress is on track to be least productive in 164 years.

Failure to repeal-and-replace right now is both a plus and a negative. On the one hand are the above reasons you state, and how it could affect other policy goals. On the other hand, it may just be better for the GOP to let Obamacare fail on its own and THEN come to the rescue with a sound policy proposal. Right now, a majority of the population supports Obamacare according to the polls, and tweaking or repealing it in any way right now could have nasty side effects that could hurt the GOP come 2018. By doing nothing and letting it collapse under its own weight, they own none of it, as it was solely a project of the Democrats. Then, there would likely be solid public support for fixing it and/or repeal-and-replace.

As for Trump's pettiness, he is petty, but then again, so was Obama. Regarding the link you provided, the GOP having total control is not the same as when the Democrats held total control under Obama in 2009, which the author points out. The GOP majority is very slim, smaller than the Democratic majority was at the time. Trump probably should have pursued tax reform first, then pursued healthcare reform. Also I disagree with the author that repealing Dodd-Frank would be a giveaway to Wall Street---Dodd-Frank itself was a giveaway to Wall Street.

Now that's the crappy republicans, who suck as bad maybe worse than the democrats as far as getting anything useful done have failed at fixing Obamacare, can they actually fix taxes?

I need relief from the heavy Obama taxes I have been paying most of my professional adult working life.

Please republicans get SOMETHING done.

I don't have much faith in the congressional republicans. While I despise the liberal agenda, I have to give them props for working together to force their bullshit through. The republicans have completely lost site. I think Trump shit the bed in leaving the task of replacing obamacare to the know nothings in congress. Its just beyond their comprehension, much like it was for the democrats who pushed that pathetic excuse known as the ACA. Sadly, the ACA has done its damage, and the only thing that can be done to fix it, is make insurance have more competition. Which of course, they mentioned nothing of in their attempts.

With that said, I think they have a better understanding of tax reform, but unless they can put aside all the petty bullshit and politicking for headlines alone, they simply wont get shit done, or put out any product that isn't torn apart by the media and their political opponents.....

Tax reform, can they do it?

No, all they seem to know how to do is fail while looking out for themselves.

Failure to repeal-and-replace right now is both a plus and a negative. On the one hand are the above reasons you state, and how it could affect other policy goals. On the other hand, it may just be better for the GOP to let Obamacare fail on its own and THEN come to the rescue with a sound policy proposal. Right now, a majority of the population supports Obamacare according to the polls, and tweaking or repealing it in any way right now could have nasty side effects that could hurt the GOP come 2018. By doing nothing and letting it collapse under its own weight, they own none of it, as it was solely a project of the Democrats. Then, there would likely be solid public support for fixing it and/or repeal-and-replace.

As for Trump's pettiness, he is petty, but then again, so was Obama. Regarding the link you provided, the GOP having total control is not the same as when the Democrats held total control under Obama in 2009, which the author points out. The GOP majority is very slim, smaller than the Democratic majority was at the time. Trump probably should have pursued tax reform first, then pursued healthcare reform. Also I disagree with the author that repealing Dodd-Frank would be a giveaway to Wall Street---Dodd-Frank itself was a giveaway to Wall Street.

It's Trump supporters like you that can be spoonfed a constantly changing narrative of bullshit by Trump and continue to rationalize it, is why he has a great shot to be reelected in 2020.

You do realize this week's narrative so far has been.

Repeal and replace.

Repeal.

Let the ACA die. I won't own it.

Repeal and replace. We're close, we are very close.

Then bring in the Senators after if failed for a pow wow.

It's pure idiocy. Meanwhile, most important agenda item for Trump is on track, blowing Putin.

Trump turning on sessions

Pure comedy gold:

If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said, 'Thanks, Jeff, but I'm not going to take you.'

How do you recuse yourself from a job that you don't have?

And fcuk, McCain has a brain tumor. I wonder if that was what was behind his goofy performance at the Comey hearings.

Jesus trump flat out threatening mueller

Nice. How long before Sessions resigns?

Democracy is messy. Regardless of your political opinion or position, when in either 4 or 8 years when we're finally rid of Trump, and no matter your opinion of previous presidents, I can not see how America will be left in a better, cleaner, healthier, kinder place. My only concern with this is, is Trump an anomaly or is/will this be the new norm?

In light of McCain's announcement, in the midst of potentially removing 32 million Americans health care, we are are all equal, but some more equal than others.

Democracy is messy. Regardless of your political opinion or position, when in either 4 or 8 years when we're finally rid of Trump, and no matter your opinion of previous presidents, I can not see how America will be left in a better, cleaner, healthier, kinder place. My only concern with this is, is Trump an anomaly or is/will this be the new norm?

If president Trump is reelected I think it may well signal an " orange is the new black " phenomenon.

If president Trump is reelected I think it may well signal an " orange is the new black " phenomenon.

Nah. It's a pendulum swing. Obama was far left and now we've swung far right (not fully left or fully right for either but far).

It will be interesting to see who the Dems come up with to challenge Tangerine palatine.

Well said.

This comment shows the opposite thinking on the left as to what the right is hoping for. You say when we're finally rid of him. Myself and a lot of supporters say we dread when thay day comes. You fear that it will become the new norm, I hope that we never again go down the path of the regressive left agenda. Millions of Americans couldn't be more thrilled that we have the leader and headed in the direction that we are

Millions of Americans couldn't be more thrilled that we have the leader and headed in the direction that we are

image.jpeg

For every Abolfaz, Pakisho, KMB, and Kinnsella there's a Robster, Allanlambo, Emanon & Thirdgen.

To try to paint it as the entire country is upset With the state of current affairs would be terribly naive.

He didnt put himself in office and the Russians didnt cast 63 million votes

We did.