Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

You posted this

After you posted this

We can only live in hope because if you cannot understand the densely moronic elements to your posts you clearly need pictorial instructions on how to use an abacus.

Please refrain from posting in this thread anymore. But knowing you I am sure there will be another post...

You can't argue with senility.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lets use this thread to post any updates, details, info, etc...

so far I'm hearing limited production est.500 total units w/780-800HP, coupe and roadster models w/4WS & active aero!

production starting sept/oct/nov of this year!

that's the rumor, but hopefully its true!

Deposit down for one of the roadsters👍🏻

And it seems like the talk of there being Dealer Spec and Customer Spec is correct.

Standby everyone. Most of the North American dealers are in Rome today for a meeting with Lambo SpA. More info. should be available in the very near future.

Standby everyone. Most of the North American dealers are in Rome today for a meeting with Lambo SpA. More info. should be available in the very near future.

:eusa_dance:

DoctaM3 is also in Rome...coincidence? :eusa_think:

I vote we either start a fresh thread titled, "SVJ". Or one of the mods purge all the bullshit from this one. It was a good thread, and like many others I would like to keep up to date on info about this car.

Agree and it looks like a new thread did pop up

Unfortunately, still no numbers have been confirmed yet. Lambo is being very pragmatic: they are asking the dealers on what the "preferred" number would be while keeping a very close eye on ordering parts from the OEM suppliers so that they neither run out of parts to build the SV-J and the regular AV-S before the new flagship is ready; nor do they want to have too many leftover parts so that they would have to crank out more AV-S than they want to.

It is confirmed that production of the SV-J will start in the third-quarter of 2018 so better visit the dealer asap if you want to give yourself a nice Christmas present.

I had heard this as well, spoke to the rep again and they said 185 was not confirmed but it would most likely be less than the SV. My rep told me the coupe will be introduced first with the roadster following soon after. The only explanation (in my mind) for that would be stringing out deliveries for a bit til the replacement is ready. With the dealer specced cars arriving first I have a feeling they'll be available almost immediately after the reveal at Pebble.

Did anyone else see the purple they are releasing as part of the dealer specced options? I've never seen that color before.

I had heard this as well, spoke to the rep again and they said 185 was not confirmed but it would most likely be less than the SV. My rep told me the coupe will be introduced first with the roadster following soon after. The only explanation (in my mind) for that would be stringing out deliveries for a bit til the replacement is ready. With the dealer specced cars arriving first I have a feeling they'll be available almost immediately after the reveal at Pebble.

Did anyone else see the purple they are releasing as part of the dealer specced options? I've never seen that color before.

As noted above, production starts in the Fall of 2018 so there should be a 6-8 week lack between the unveil and cars showing up at the dealership.

Lamborghini had been busy revamping all its colours. Some are very similar to the older colours but have new names; some are brand new. They have also been exploring many different shades of purple and different tints of CF. Those were all hidden in the Ad Personam room in the VIP section behind frosted glass doors in Geneva 2017. (This year was, surprise surprise, all about the Urus in different trims.) The red AV-S on display at Geneva this year had its top half done in CF and the resin had red speckles in it so that at certain angle, the CF has a red hue on it.

As noted above, production starts in the Fall of 2018 so there should be a 6-8 week lack between the unveil and cars showing up at the dealership.

Lamborghini had been busy revamping all its colours. Some are very similar to the older colours but have new names; some are brand new. They have also been exploring many different shades of purple and different tints of CF. Those were all hidden in the Ad Personam room in the VIP section behind frosted glass doors in Geneva 2017. (This year was, surprise surprise, all about the Urus in different trims.) The red AV-S on display at Geneva this year had its top half done in CF and the resin had red speckles in it so that at certain angle, the CF has a red hue on it.

I was shown the colours at Geneva and during the factory tour I was shown a matte Purple HP which was supposedly a brand new paint option, it look incredible. The carbon on the AVS roadster looked incredible, the same car also had new interior trim options.

Speaking of new colours, here's a Ferrari Red matte HP (source: http://www.another board/vbforum/f2...mante-204265/):

IMG_0321.jpg

Is that a matte orange in the background?

Yup, there were quite a few matte orange HP's parked at the factory ready for delivery. I was told it's a $20k+ paint option.

I was shown the colours at Geneva and during the factory tour I was shown a matte Purple HP which was supposedly a brand new paint option, it look incredible.

Viola Mel?

lets use this thread to post any updates, details, info, etc...

so far I'm hearing limited production est.500 total units w/780-800HP, coupe and roadster models w/4WS & active aero!

production starting sept/oct/nov of this year!

Hey Bill, I changed the title and consolidated all the information. My understanding is also the same as VCR's - no concrete information yet. All speculation.

Hey Bill, I changed the title and consolidated all the information. My understanding is also the same as VCR's - no concrete information yet. All speculation.

:icon_thumleft:

Ok, this isn't good...

There is an internal rumour floating that the SV-J would either be 760hp :( or 780hp (both PS)

I guess Lambo either wants to keep their Centenario owners happy or doesn't want to upset them too much.

10hp PS increase is nothing. I hope the SV-J is a much lighter car than the SV.