Unfuckingbelievable numbers from Tesla

derphurf

:iamwithstupid:

Once they get autopilot sorted, Tesla is going to put every truck driver out of a job and obviously, this will have the inevitable knock-on effect on prostitution.

:lol2:

This is the funniest post in a long time !

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don’t know...on many levels for me sounds is as important as looks. While Im actually driving Id argue its MORE important.

If there is no sound it doesn’t do anything for me, when I get on the SV and back off in second the burble and the devilish sounds which come out of that exhaust are INTOXICATING there is no way in the world that I would want to give that up.

We will all eventually drive these fast toasters on wheels but we are also extremely lucky because we are the last generation to experience the greatest period of the proper supercar and we will still be able to have them in our garages, I feel sorry for the next generation, their experiences will be devoid of much excitement we are experiencing today it will become just utilitarian, that’s the reason a lot of the younger generation aren’t interested in cars or driving.

Now that’s the reason why the electric truck is very exciting, it’s simply a utilitarian product which runs from A to B a lot cheaper than the ICE counterparts with a lot less moving parts which is phenomenal, most important thing in the trucking business is miles/$, avoiding costly repairs (motors/gearboxes/radiators = huge dollars and severely cuts into the bottom line) and safety unfortunately in this exact order.

Having said that imagine some hardcore trucker riding in a Tesla Semi LOL and that begs the question

How will the trucker of tomorrow look like ? LOL

Didn't know you ordered a Model 3, congrats!

Yes, the trucks are a big deal.

However, production issues with the Model 3 and now they need to get into commerical trucking. IDK but if they pull it off, amazing if so.

The event seemed more like a "let's move the attention away from this issue" event. I have no doubt in the company FYI, the trucks have me putting more $ into tesla.

Trucks, roadsters, cool, but when will they be available?

I just wonder WHY we haven't seen anything from "major" auto companies yet. Open patents, capital and labor to make electric.

Thank you, got one for my wife as a run about but she’s not very keen on it, still left the deposit in there, I figured before Musk will deliver us one my 10 year old daughter will get her license and she might like it LOL

The more Tesla does the less I like them. Great, a release sheet shows some “impressive” figures but give me an old car with a real engine any day of the week.

This looks a lot better than their first roadster, which was a piece of crap.

The more Tesla does the less I like them. Great, a release sheet shows some “impressive” figures but give me an old car with a real engine any day of the week.

I agree with this partially...Though I am glad to see Telsa doing some fun stuff. Def a mixed bag for me...0-60 in 1.9 seconds is epic, the styling is a little too McLaren + Model X for me, but I am going to be curious to see how all the other companies react. I dig the truck, if they can deliver it will be a game changer.

This Roadster looks like an awesome package and seems absolutely bonkers in a straight line... Well done Tesla!

Plus, I can only imagine what the charging infrastructure between Tesla and other companies will be like come 2020. I'm happy to be a car guy in this era since we have access & visibility to ridiculous hypercars, modern/older classics, all while having a wide array of modifications available for all types of vehicles.

Can't wait to see how the next several years pan out.

I am still staggered by the numbers*

*of tesla 3 not delivered.

This looks a lot better than their first roadster, which was a piece of crap.

:iamwithstupid:

While I don't love it, this roadster is a grand-slam design compared to the first roadster.

Musk is a fantastic sales guy but struggles delivering, he should be selling this tech to the big boys, biggest issues he has is with changing the mentality of the greater customer base out there, yes you do get the overly excited Tesla fanbois cheering equally or even more than the Apple ones which is quite hard to imagine to be honest and quite cringeworthy, I saw a guy in FikseSTS first video literally jumping up and down screaming, I can’t imagine anything which would excite me that much in order for me to do that LOL anyway I digress, the majority of the market doesn’t feel like that and most of us are creatures of habit, the companies which can seriously bring this tech to the market and cause the disruption Musk wants are the well established players with their distribution channels and most importantly production know how and capacities.

They are the ones who hold the largest customer base and could convert the greater majority.

Tesla should get there eventually unless they go bust trying, creating a hype by showing shiny new things in order to prop your bank account while setting dollars on fire trying to distract your existing supporters from the fact that you aren’t delivering on your promises will only work for a limited period of time, people eventually run out of patience and start gravitating towards the next shiny new thing so you must capitalize while you have them.

He’s trying to do too much too quickly, slow and steady wins the race, deliver the 3, then the trucks, then the Roadster etc. you sold hundreds of thousands of items but you’ve only produced thousands ??

Most companies are following the Apple style of hype and marketing but unfortunately that’s where it ends, at the hype, Apple creates a hype but delivers!

Having said that I wish them all the best because I always want people to succeed.

How do you figure?

Drivetrain to 250 is easy. The regular model S does what, 130mph? A pretty simple solenoid actuated planetary gear setup could give it a 2nd gear that would easily get there. Based on Cd, frontal area, and lots of known constants it's relatively simple to get in the ballpark of power required to reach that speed.

Getting into the 8's is quite a bit more difficult. You're greatest asset would be light weight and that is the big unknown. Will the 200 batteries be physically the same size as the current 100? What will the curb weight be? If it really gets to 100 in 4.6, it's on the right track, but that means it will need to be a 170mph car in the 1/4. (I'm taking guesses because it's traction limited compared to dedicated drag cars).

This video claims a 1.9 0-60, which resulted in a 1.5 60ft and a deep 8 in the 170's. It's going to take some shit for a production car to lay down that kind of number.

I am still staggered by the numbers*

*of tesla 3 not delivered.

Is it a surprise? As others have stated reeks of a stunt to avoid talking about delivery issues which is killing their cash flow. Nice upside - bring in some extra capital to cover a small portion of that aforementioned burn without ownership dilution. Smart move, may stop the slide from $385 a share down to $300. Spiked as high as $325, currently $315.

I feel sorry for the next generation, their experiences will be devoid of much excitement we are experiencing today it will become just utilitarian, that’s the reason a lot of the younger generation aren’t interested in cars or driving.

How will the trucker of tomorrow look like ? LOL

It's already happening in the music reproduction scene. No one knows how to appreciate music or what real music actually sounds like since everything either comes from earbuds or cans now.

If Auto Pilot gets its way, never mind what a trucker looks like; what's a trucker? :eusa_wall:

I tend to agree with all the skeptics on this thread. The styling of the roadster is a mixed bag: has a Mazda front, a Jaguar rear and the profile of either a Lotus or the next Celica.

[quote name='Fortis' post='1295872' date='Nov 17 2017, 03:06 PM'

Tesla should get there eventually unless they go bust trying, creating a hype by showing shiny new things in order to prop your bank account while setting dollars on fire trying to distract your existing supporters from the fact that you aren’t delivering on your promises will only work for a limited period of time, people eventually run out of patience and start gravitating towards the next shiny new thing so you must capitalize while you have them.

He’s trying to do too much too quickly, slow and steady wins the race, deliver the 3, then the trucks, then the Roadster etc. you sold hundreds of thousands of items but you’ve only produced thousands ??

Most companies are following the Apple style of hype and marketing but unfortunately that’s where it ends, at the hype, Apple creates a hype but delivers!

Having said that I wish them all the best because I always want people to succeed.

True, but Apple also has a mature supply chain.

[quote name='Fortis' post='1295872' date='Nov 17 2017, 03:06 PM'

True, but Apple also has a mature supply chain.

That’s what Tesla is lacking, I remember his resistance to dealerships now I see them popping up which is great because we were able to go see the cars, etc.

I dislike buy things on the net if I see the items i like I pay more just to have them right away, cost of convenience.

Roadster reservations require an initial $6,000 credit card payment, plus a $58,000 wire transfer payment due in 10 days. Reservations are not final until the wire transfer payment is received. Balance due at delivery.

That's a lot of cash down for a car that will probably get delayed.

Drivetrain to 250 is easy. The regular model S does what, 130mph? A pretty simple solenoid actuated planetary gear setup could give it a 2nd gear that would easily get there. Based on Cd, frontal area, and lots of known constants it's relatively simple to get in the ballpark of power required to reach that speed.

The original roadster was going to have a second gear, they binned it because they couldn't make it work due to the torque....I can only imagine this is exponentially harder.

"Roadster reservations require an initial $6,000 credit card payment, plus a $58,000 wire transfer payment due in 10 days. Reservations are not final until the wire transfer payment is received. Balance due at delivery."

So they are taking 32% of the MSRP and are suppose to deliver the car in 3 years time assuming there are no hiccups along the way. So how does this differ from a Go-Fund-Me project other than some of the brand's other products are already on the market? Keep in mind the shortfall of the promises made on the Model 3...

"Roadster reservations require an initial $6,000 credit card payment, plus a $58,000 wire transfer payment due in 10 days. Reservations are not final until the wire transfer payment is received. Balance due at delivery."

So they are taking 32% of the MSRP and are suppose to deliver the car in 3 years time assuming there are no hiccups along the way. So how does this differ from a Go-Fund-Me project other than some of the brand's other products are already on the market? Keep in mind the shortfall of the promises made on the Model 3...

:iamwithstupid: time-value calculation says they just got an interest free influx of cash. Future value of that caah in 3-5 years at 10%? $30-50k over the initial.

Will be interesting to say, look back at this when cars start getting delivered. What would that $64k be if you A, bought nothing but amzn with it (currently $1130) or B, bought bitcoin @ 7620.

Im all for buying fun stuff, but giving away that big of a deposit for what could easily be half a decade, no thanks.

:iamwithstupid: time-value calculation says they just got an interest free influx of cash. Future value of that caah in 3-5 years at 10%? $30-50k over the initial.

Will be interesting to say, look back at this when cars start getting delivered. What would that $64k be if you A, bought nothing but amzn with it (currently $1130) or B, bought bitcoin @ 7620.

Im all for buying fun stuff, but giving away that big of a deposit for what could easily be half a decade, no thanks.

Very smart sales man as I said before, he wouldn’t be getting my money that’s for sure, having said that I gave him $1k for the 3 :lol2:

I got to come up with something like that, show potential customers something shiny then get a bunch of free money for years.