Furious 7

ToofDoc

I haven't watched this movie yet, and I will wait until it comes out on DVD. I am a cheap bastard. The question I have for some of you though. What exactly are you expecting? You say it isn't realistic - really what part? You mean the part where they are launching cars out of a plane?

My wife is this way and I just don't get it. We were watching transformers and she said the same thing. This just isn't realistic. What part? You mean the part where a car turns into a robot? How is that not totally realistic? I guess I just don't understand what some people want from a movie.

Sometimes I think it is me. I saw the movies up for academy awards this year. I said you know I haven't seen any of these excellent movies. So I really tried to watch them. They were so stupid. I mean I didn't get how anyone could like that birdman movie. I saw American Sniper thought that was great, but it didn't win anything.

When I go to movies I want to shut off the brain and have a good time. I do realize the superman, batman, marvel characters, are not real. . I don't expect them to be real. They will turn in billions of dollars, won't even get nominated for much of anything and lose to some movie that grosses $30M.

Rant off

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't watched this movie yet, and I will wait until it comes out on DVD. I am a cheap bastard. The question I have for some of you though. What exactly are you expecting? You say it isn't realistic - really what part? You mean the part where they are launching cars out of a plane?

My wife is this way and I just don't get it. We were watching transformers and she said the same thing. This just isn't realistic. What part? You mean the part where a car turns into a robot? How is that not totally realistic? I guess I just don't understand what some people want from a movie.

Sometimes I think it is me. I saw the movies up for academy awards this year. I said you know I haven't seen any of these excellent movies. So I really tried to watch them. They were so stupid. I mean I didn't get how anyone could like that birdman movie. I saw American Sniper thought that was great, but it didn't win anything.

When I go to movies I want to shut off the brain and have a good time. I do realize the superman, batman, marvel characters, are not real. . I don't expect them to be real. They will turn in billions of dollars, won't even get nominated for much of anything and lose to some movie that grosses $30M.

Rant off

Completely agree on all points.

some cool cars and the ending made it worth while!

my RS chevelle fits right in!

post-2228-1428326784_thumb.jpg

Hot! Love the color. You still need to do a thread on it. Maybe include your bagger too!

It was not my favorite movie of the series (Fast 5 still takes the cake for me), but I still loved it. The song they picked for the tribute to Paul/Brian at the end was worth the price of admission alone. You could actually see how moved people were by it as we were leaving the theatre.

I won't link the other video going around (on both Paul Walker and Vin Diesels social media pages) as it has spoilers/scenes from the actual movie in it, but here is the song for anyone interested.

The lyrics gave me chills...incredibly powerful song.

Hot! Love the color. You still need to do a thread on it. Maybe include your bagger too!

:icon_thumleft: thx, I just got it back so as soon as I have pics ill post!

I was disappointed that it was so conservative in sticking to the same tired formula.

I was hoping for at least some interresting car shots like Ken block does...at least something to leave and want to talk about. Other than the very beginning and end, there is nothing.

Was kinda disappointed with it. It had all the elements for a fun film but missed, IMO. 5 and 6 are still my favorites. The 4-6 films were the best so far in terms of storyline, as I enjoyed the direction they took the franchise. But the ending was incredibly touching..

145M in 3 days. Ninth biggest opening ever.

30/25/25/10 latin white black asian breakdown demo

Rant off

Some parts of a fake movie are just so fake they are ridiculous which bug some people (including me). For example, in Batman Begins during the Tumbler chase scene, when Batman is releasing spikes into the road to flip the police cars chasing after him, that was just totally fake. Not in terms of physics I mean, but in terms of what a hero like that really would do. He is devoted to not shooting or killing any bad guys, but he'll throw spikes into the road to send pursuing cop cars somersaulting. And doesn't take into account what might happen if some mother in a minivan with children happens along those spikes at 50+ mph.

I am so behind on this series. Sure is a big step up for the main characters to go from the street racing of the first film to doing things like flying around in planes and all that though from what I can see from the trailer.

A lot going on at the same time in this one. People that should die off, don't. Its following the success of the last two movies that just add more celebrities, fancier cars, and more tits. I was ok with the movie for what it was, but think others were better. Was a little too long for my tastes could have been shortened up.

I thought it was great! I think it's been said here before, but the only thing I would have liked to have seen more of is car scenes vs fight scenes. Ending was spot on. Overall a great flick!

The send off for Paul Walker was done to perfection, I teared up a bit. Not sure why i'm moved by someone Ive never met, but perhaps because the first movie came out at the right time of my youth to leave a lasting impression.

I have to wait for Allan's review, he's usually spot on :icon_mrgreen:

The FF franchise cannot be reviewed like a normal movie -- it splits people who normally have similar film tastes.

While it's starting to sound cliche by Vin Diesel about how it's all about family, he does have a point -- without that I feel the movie franchise would have died a long time ago. The way they integrated Paul Walker's character into Vin Diesel's family in the 4th/5th film was essential to keeping this franchise alive.

Tokyo Drift was a filler movie for that very reason (completely different cast except for Han), and 2Fast2Furious was not a whole lot better (just Paul Walker/Tyrese/Ludacris).

You also have to ask yourself "Do I like movies that are so nonsensical that they are awesome?". There will be your answer. :icon_mrgreen:

I have to wait for Allan's review, he's usually spot on :icon_mrgreen:

I saw it today.. Its certainly entertaining, and its gotten to be a lot more about fighting, explosions and ridiculous over the top impossible to achieve CGI stunts, then it is about cars and racing. That being said it was certainly entertaining, and at the very least the Paul Walker tribute is hard not to get a bit teary eyed through.

I saw it today.. Its certainly entertaining, and its gotten to be a lot more about fighting, explosions and ridiculous over the top impossible to achieve CGI stunts, then it is about cars and racing. That being said it was certainly entertaining, and at the very least the Paul Walker tribute is hard not to get a bit teary eyed through.

+1

Ended up seeing it twice this weekend. (2 Different Groups of Friends). That ending...so sad but what a great tribute.

Saw it this weekend, definately over the top CGI and actions. The Whole movie is basicly action sequenses, planning the beforementioned action or slowmotion shots of partying people with dance music on top. Great for turning of brain and being entertained. The end sequense with Paul... Worth the Price for the ticket. Vin Diesel did that with so much respect and its very clear that they were like Brothers in real life, and the cast like a Family.

The series hasn't been about street racing since Tokyo Drift, it's a general action franchise now - just with more cars than your typical Die Hard or Expendables.

And I agree with Fellippe, it's that change which has given the series its longevity. Also helps that Fast Five kicked all kinds of ass.

Have people stopped masturbating themselves into a sweaty cross eyed frothy mess over Paul's death yet?

The way people go on you would think he was the messiah that pissed fine champagne and farted classical music.

No he drove a few cars and acted at best like a wooden puppet riddled with woodworm.

Get over it. There are much sadder stories out there than a one trick pony knocking on the pearly gates a little early.

His acting skills really lit up the cinema screens when he rammed home that 18th gear change in that street race whilst wearing that vest.

giphy.gif

Fact is the Fisting and the curious Fast and furious franchise films are brainless idiotic dross draped in neon lights and shitty garish stickers conjured up by the weakest minds of Hollywood and worshipped by gormless peons.

I think we have similar taste in movies, sounds like it's worth seeing.

You also have to ask yourself "Do I like movies that are so nonsensical that they are awesome?". There will be your answer. :icon_mrgreen:

I don't mind movies where you aren't required to concentrate a lot, they relax me :icon_mrgreen: