LamboPower Girlfriends, Wives and Exes Megathread!

Guest skokos

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... RyanB said aobut he disagrees with the comment (I am guessing from me) about not believing a relationship should take work. When I said that, I didn't mean that it's all sunshine and roses all the time, but that if it gets to where being with the person is a real chore, where you do NOT like being with them, where it's real work, then it's time to get out.

Thanks for the clarification. I agree, by work, my meaning is that there is a huge difference than being single. You have to compromise, be patient and supportive of your spouse, things that you don't necessarily need to do when you're single or even have a GF in some cases. So that does take work. But you are correct, that if it takes "work" to WANT to be with that person then the relationship is obviously not working out.

Just looking at the law of averages (and probability in general) I just cannot see how a large percentage of people who have not dated more than a few people can all have successful, fantastic marriages....the ones that live up to the dream. It just seems impossible to me.

I, like many others on this site tend to have high standards for life -- and I'm not just talking about silly cars here, but the important things like friendships, lifestyle, freedom, etc. When I see 90% of my friends all married before 30, the common thread is there seems to be "love" in the relationship but almost universally I hear all the same complaints about how "the wife is the boss", "gotta give up your toys", "she won't let me...", etc. etc. And the best part is that all of this is the standard "truth" about marriage, and nobody gets to beat the system. :rolleyes:

Look, I've seen the ups & downs in life to know that every big commitment is hard work, and I wouldn't expect marriage to even a soul mate to be perfection. But I've observed some wonderful marriages to know that they do exist and are realistic for anyone looking to put in the work -- and to me, that work is not just the marriage itself but finding the right partner in the first place. I commend a few friends of mine for breaking off long term relationships and eventually finding wives that were far better for them. They all universally agree that it was very easy and obvious to pull the trigger on the right woman, while it was very hard to do so with the other one.

Only experience can give you this clarity, I believe. I would say the exception of course is if you truly are that kind of guy who has always wanted a wife since he was young, then you can attract a "good wife" more easily than those who are undecided and into playing the field for "fun".

And why is this thread not being populated with fantastic photos of squeezes and psycho exes?

You guys are slipping!

PS: Upload to LP server don't hotlink, you pigdogs.

PS:, you pigdogs.

Hi Porter

Just a quick memo, is this a typo and you used the letter i when you meant to use the letter u?

They are next to each other on the keyboard.

Thanks

CC

Jpegs,was that picture taken when you guys went on that cruise!? Looks like Italy maybe

The cruise was south of France, yup the photo was Italy in 2010.

I was JUST thinking about this thread after the whole "Marriage" thread last week...nice bump Porter.

LET'S GO SHY LURKERS, POST YOUR GIRL OR GTFO!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

John, Mattress King, Lirim, very nice guys. :icon_thumleft:

Me and my girlfriend have had quite the year...she really rubs me right though. For Valentines day I bought her a new leather jacket.

L10384451b.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that.

Thanks appreciated. It was always me who was uncomfortable and settling so propably this was right. It is still hard to let go of a kindest girl there ever was but well... life is...

Thanks appreciated. It was always me who was uncomfortable and settling so propably this was right. It is still hard to let go of a kindest girl there ever was but well... life is...

Listen, if you let her go, you had your reasons. Trust your judgement. She must not have been the kindest girl there ever was. There will be others and you'll be fine.

So stay out of the wives/gf thread and go out and do the stuff you wanted to do!

Cheer up, you'll be fine!