Things that make you LOL!

RyanRo24

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If your name is Rob, or if you've played skyrim, you'll get it.

How the fvck do I embed????

Fedex driver "delivers" computer monitor like a boss.

You can't use the youtu.be short links, you gotta use the full link:

Fedex driver "delivers" computer monitor like a guy who is about to be standing in the unemployment line.

fixed it for you

LOL!

I laughed cause I download torrents constantly and it found nothing for me.

Seems I'm too sneaky :D

does it show anything for anyone? because it didnt for me either

does it show anything for anyone? because it didnt for me either

yup it did for me,

yet oddly enough what it said i had downloaded, i have never even heard of :-/

yup it did for me,

yet oddly enough what it said i had downloaded, i have never even heard of :-/

It's a really simple concept. They track some torrents (mainly from piratebay I think), and log what IP's download what torrents. You can see for yourself what IP's are sending you packets if you download a torrent.

But since most ISP's are using dynamic IP's, the list will not be very accurate. And if you download from a tracker they do not monitor, it won't show up.

It's a really simple concept. They track some torrents (mainly from piratebay I think), and log what IP's download what torrents. You can see for yourself what IP's are sending you packets if you download a torrent.

But since most ISP's are using dynamic IP's, the list will not be very accurate. And if you download from a tracker they do not monitor, it won't show up.

This does not make me LOL, it makes me want to throw my computer out the window.

This does not make me LOL, it makes me want to throw my computer out the window.

I'm in the clear as I do not download. But just to free up a little explanation... ISPs do keep tabs on dynamic leases. At least most do (i'm not sure if the law dictates a time period, although i think it does). Keep in mind that the mac ID of devices is unique and often times used on networks to identify things. Many keep tabs on the IP that was leased, what mac id it was tied to, and generally can tell what day and time the lease expired/renewed. This is just generally speaking. But technically, if one were to subpoena and say "I wanna know who did this on this day." keep in mind not only can you track ips on bittorrent, but websites (my ip is logged and tied to this post, on this day at this time, oh look a timestamp!) and if someone puts in for a subpoena and the ip is forced to by court order, that data can indeed identify who had that lease at that time and bring it back to the lease. If that makes sense.

On the flip side to this... a website keeping tabs on what an ip downloaded is really kind of silly because the only way it will be entirely accurate is if you know that's the ip you used for something on such date.

Let's say of course that MODO had 10.10.10.5 on december 1st. but today had 10.10.10.15, somewhere in there the lease expired. Let's say that whoever was using 10.10.10.15 on december 1st did a torrent download (let's pretend it was flaccid). Now I go to that website and it says I downloaded stuff. Well... I didn't, previous owner of the ip did, but now I have their ip because it's dynamic and constantly changes as leases expire. Well that's not accurate!

Then full circle, let's say big corporation wanted put in a subpoena for .15 for the actions of said person on december 1st, you have nothing to worry about because the likelihood that your ISP has records of that lease, day, time, ip and mac id of the device that used it are very very likely, they'd go "it wasn't MODO! it was FLACCID! that poohead, get'em!" and MODO wouldn't have to throw his computer out the window.

But that's stuff that'd have to be court order subpoena.

lesson learned? Don't do stuff that'll get you a subpoena on the internet and you'll have nothing to worry about :P

Back to your regularly scheduled programming:

2f7b9929-21b1-48a0-9ce3-626d723c26c0.jpg

brilliant-1.jpeg

tumblr_lc3gwug1hl1qdx5eto1_500-1.jpeg

Keep in mind that the mac ID of devices is unique and often times used on networks to identify things. Many keep tabs on the IP that was leased, what mac id it was tied to, and generally can tell what day and time the lease expired/renewed. This is just generally speaking. But technically, if one were to subpoena and say "I wanna know who did this on this day."

Keeping track of the mac address assumes you don't have a router/switch/firewall in between, as most people do. Anyway, getting this information from ISP's requires a lot, a few torrents is usually not enough :)

Soo back on track!

A60Fz.gif

Lol, I won't clutter the thread, i'll pm you flaccid.