Haters

Luxeous

This is great. Going to have to write it down because I know I will screw it up badly if I try to remember it.

I do have this "gift" of coming up with smartass comments at the right time, I only know how many times my grandmother used her slipper on me :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you have never said what you do, I thought for sure thats what you were part of. Now I have no idea.

Congrats on your success.

That is where most of the wealthy here do they make their money - but there is plently opportunity elsewhere.

I'm glad I have that cleared up now. :)

Thanks again!

yip gas,

as lambo-g-car said precisely - not to mention that i am not affiliated with the mining industry at ALL.

an exige s here costs 100k USD, you can imagine what an f430 etc. is going for then :)

Good on you Mike! I knew when I started my search to learn about Lambo's and figure out what I'd buy that on a true Lamborghini site there would be real players here. The personalitites on this site have made me enjoy this site beyond just research about the car.

I think the true haters, like what has been said, are the ones that have tunnel vision. The fact is that being assoiated with winners is a good way to learn and become a winner onesself. I continue to be impressed with you guys that have achieved so much wealth, especially the ones that remain cool. It would be so easy to become egomaniacal when you became a player, but the true great ones are the ones that remain cool despite the wealth and power.

Good on you Mike! I knew when I started my search to learn about Lambo's and figure out what I'd buy that on a true Lamborghini site there would be real players here. The personalitites on this site have made me enjoy this site beyond just research about the car.

I think the true haters, like what has been said, are the ones that have tunnel vision. The fact is that being assoiated with winners is a good way to learn and become a winner onesself. I continue to be impressed with you guys that have achieved so much wealth, especially the ones that remain cool. It would be so easy to become egomaniacal when you became a player, but the true great ones are the ones that remain cool despite the wealth and power.

That's the attitude to have! Frankly I don't give a damn about the attention the car gets - I just purely love the everything about these machines. The art in curves and angles. The sounds.... everything. I could talk hours upon hours about cars.

I'm very fortunate to be in a position to be able to have all these under my roof and I can enjoy them when time allows me. This is my passion and I will keep going as long as I can.

I have to admit here that I do enjoy the attention I get in it but more over I love it for what it is, the way it performs, this forum.

Beachbummed that's hilarious =)

On another note, I went to look at a house today. I'm not supposed to view it until Wednesday but I was in the area and figured I'd go look at it from the outside. I ran into a few of the neighbors. I was in the Gallardo SL and one of the neighbors comes up and says "Can I please sit in your car? I'm a HUGE Lamborghini fan". I say sure, then as he proceeds to get into the car he goes "Is this the Countach?". I thought it was a bit funny.

Beachbummed that's hilarious =)

On another note, I went to look at a house today. I'm not supposed to view it until Wednesday but I was in the area and figured I'd go look at it from the outside. I ran into a few of the neighbors. I was in the Gallardo SL and one of the neighbors comes up and says "Can I please sit in your car? I'm a HUGE Lamborghini fan". I say sure, then as he proceeds to get into the car he goes "Is this the Countach?". I thought it was a bit funny.

:icon_mrgreen: HUGE Lambo fan!

:lol2:

Not HUGE but MEGA!

Where I live we don't see too many haters, most of the responses are very positive. Thumbs up, nice car comments, people taking pictures, all the usual nice car stuff. I have had hater comments and one road rage incident that made the whole experience of having a Lamborghini questionable, but then a new day with wind in my hair and the roar of the v10 made it all go away.

I have said time and time again that Lamborghini's are MAGIC, they make so many people happy and smile and for me I'm fortunate enough to drive one and I try to share the magic as much as I can with others. We will always have haters but I'm sure most will agree that percentage wise there are far more lovers than haters.

Enjoy!

Where I live we don't see too many haters, most of the responses are very positive. Thumbs up, nice car comments, people taking pictures, all the usual nice car stuff. I have had hater comments and one road rage incident that made the whole experience of having a Lamborghini questionable, but then a new day with wind in my hair and the roar of the v10 made it all go away.

I have said time and time again that Lamborghini's are MAGIC, they make so many people happy and smile and for me I'm fortunate enough to drive one and I try to share the magic as much as I can with others. We will always have haters but I'm sure most will agree that percentage wise there are far more lovers than haters.

Enjoy!

what kind of road rage are we taking about? cut off? or follow home?

what kind of road rage are we taking about? cut off? or follow home?

It was a guy in a pickup truck he was riding my tail and signaling to get out of the car, he was putting on leather gloves and kept signaling that he wanted to fight, giving the finger and yelling, he followed me for quite a while before I lost him at a off ramp that I took at the last second. Best part was the whole time he was flying off the handle his ~10 year old girl was telling him to stop... great role model! Poor girl.

I have had many people follow me and I have learnt to make sure that no one is around when I'm near the house or circle the area a few times till they leave. Once I had to litterally take 1/2hr detour away from my house and use the power to loose the guys that were following. Most of the time I think people just want to see the car so they follow you a little ways.

It was a guy in a pickup truck he was riding my tail and signaling to get out of the car, he was putting on leather gloves and kept signaling that he wanted to fight, giving the finger and yelling, he followed me for quite a while before I lost him at a off ramp that I took at the last second. Best part was the whole time he was flying off the handle his ~10 year old girl was telling him to stop... great role model! Poor girl.

I have had many people follow me and I have learnt to make sure that no one is around when I'm near the house or circle the area a few times till they leave. Once I had to litterally take 1/2hr detour away from my house and use the power to loose the guys that were following. Most of the time I think people just want to see the car so they follow you a little ways.

Did you do anything to make this guy that mad?

Did you do anything to make this guy that mad?

Not sure, I know that I did pass him and the G is loud when the exhaust valve is open, he was in the left lane on a two lane freeway, then he was inches away from my bumper giving me the finger. I did make the mistake of tapping the brakes, of course didn't help the situation. Anything like that happens now I just move over and keep happy, I don't need any additional pyscho attention.

Not sure, I know that I did pass him and the G is loud when the exhaust valve is open, he was in the left lane on a two lane freeway, then he was inches away from my bumper giving me the finger. I did make the mistake of tapping the brakes, of course didn't help the situation. Anything like that happens now I just move over and keep happy, I don't need any additional pyscho attention.

I did that once too and was almost killed. I was driving on a major highway in Miami on a nice Sunday afternoon, and I am in the far left lane, there is a car pacing me right besides me, and a cop in the lane next to him a little to the front of us. This black range rover with quad exhaust tips comes up and almost touches my bumper. So I stick my hand out of the car and point to the cop to show him that I am not getting a speeding ticket so he can get by me. He keeps flicking his brights and gets closer to me. I SLAM on my brakes, and he swerves to avoid me. The cop gets off at the next exit. I am on a 1 lane off ramp with a breakdown lane to the right, and a small cliff to the left. I see the guy speeding up, so I slow down to see if he wants to do something about it. He gets next to me and swerves at my car. Luckily I was in a BMW with superb braking, and was able to avoid it and stop. We follow him and throw all the change I had in my car at his, and try to get him to pull over and he was lucky enough to get off at the next exit where I wasn't able to follow him. It was probably a 40-50 foot ditch, and it could have killed me. Lucky for him, I didnt have a weapon with me at the time or I would have been writing this from jail.

an exige s here costs 100k USD, you can imagine what an f430 etc. is going for then :)

You've got it good in South Africa then. A new Exige S with decent options is $160,000 Australian Dollars after taxes and on-road costs, which is about $150,000 US Dollars!

story 1

since ive owned my porsche ive experienced the following

exxon gas station

russian OTB "is that your car"

me: yes it is.

russian OTB: "i see those things go for 25k at the auction"

me: "yea, thats about right"

russian otb: "how many miles"

me:" about 30k

russian otb: "yea, it was probably rolled back

me: "yea maybe"

russian otb:"yea, and it looks like it was repainted"

russian otb:"my friends POS is much faster"

me: what do you drive ?

russian otb: 98 passat

story 2

(me and izik in the car)

we're going through the battery tunnel, and for some reason my ez pass isnt being read by the machine

officer: whoa whoa whoa, what do we have here ? a celebrity ?

mefficer, i have no idea why my ezpass isnt working. can i just pay the toll ?

officer: why is there a cover on your rear license plate ? tyring to fool the photo cameras?

me: no officer, i dont like having a dirty license plate .

officer: why is are your windows tinted so dark ? why is your windshield tinted ?

me: officer ims oryr, i dont want people taking pictures of me

officer: your exhaust is too loud, does it pass emissions ?

me: yes officer it does. im very soryr about that.

officer: let me see your license and registration... hey seargant, come over here.. we got a POR SHA

seargant: i bet you have no front license plate

me: guys i have it, its in my trunk, someone hit my front bumper when parking, and knocked it of...

seargant: i bet you have a lot of PBA cards dont you ?

me: actually seargant i do.

seargant: let me see

me: (pulling out 9 cards) this is all i have on me officer. im very sorry, ill put my front plate on and check to make sure my car passes emissions.

officer: (gives me back my license, and seargant gives me back my pba cards) get a new ezpass and get outta here

me: thanks officers i realyl appreciate it.

story 3

sheepshead bay / emmons ave

driving down emmons ave, i see a cop on my ass, and i KNEW he was gonna pull me over, so i down shift the car into 2nd and let it slow down.. lights and sirens went on instantly

cop:good evening sir, window tints are illegal in nyc

me: officer im very sorry, i just got the car and it came with tints, theyre coming off this weekend.

cop: is this your car ?

me: yes sir.

cop: this is your car?

me: yes

cop: license and registration

me: here you go officer

cop: (after 5 mintus) sir.. have a nice night, and learn how to shift.

me: officer, what do you mean ? this is my first time driving stick shift

cop:you should be double clutching

me: officer my car only has 1 clutch pedal. can you show me how to "double clutch"

cop: (making a diagram with his hands) you do this and that and then rev it etc

me: thanks officer

cop: you should be able to smoke me with that thing

me: do you want to drive it ?

cop: not now. but the next time i pull you over i might take you up on that offer. (smiles and leaves)

story 4

at the local autozone, buying oil for my car...

im at the line, waiting to pay.. and some kid starts talking to me

turns out i know this kid.. we raced 3 years ago, he had a 300hp sti,and i had a 220hp audi a4.. we raced, i beat him, and my friend who was with me ended up taking his gf, and they are now engaged to be married...

stan: hey man whats up? is that your porsche ?

me: yes.

stan: wow nice, you always said you would get one

me: thanks man. what are you driving ?

stan: mitsubishi evo with 450 hp

me: cool. hope all is well ill speak to you soon

stan:how much power are you making

me: not sure... probably 600 ?

stan: wow.. youre faster than my car, but the skyline will destory you

me: no it wont

stan: yes it will

me: ok thats fine. but at the end of the day, when you come home and put your keys on the table, would you rather hold porsche keys or datsun keys?

stan: NISSAN obviously

me: take care man.

and im obviously not including the dozens of times people asked me what i do for a living, if my parents bought my car, or if im a drug dealer...

ive even had people call it a kit car...

and theres a guy that took pics of my car, and put it on his facebook as his.. lol

Steve,

Are you the one with the silver 996 TT? Beautiful car, if I recall correctly you are my age, 22 or so, very cool!

you sound like a pretty big loser lol..story 4 you are being straight up cocky and all the police ones you sound like a moron and your car isn't really an exotic or anything so i dont know why you bother even coming in here...

i have a 997s and a gallardo and I've gotten nothing but compliments..it is orange county though

story 1

since ive owned my porsche ive experienced the following

exxon gas station

russian OTB "is that your car"

me: yes it is.

russian OTB: "i see those things go for 25k at the auction"

me: "yea, thats about right"

russian otb: "how many miles"

me:" about 30k

russian otb: "yea, it was probably rolled back

russian otb:"yea, and it looks like it was repainted"

russian otb:"my friends POS is much faster"

me: what do you drive ?

russian otb: 98 passat

story 2

(me and izik in the car)

we're going through the battery tunnel, and for some reason my ez pass isnt being read by the machine

officer: whoa whoa whoa, what do we have here ? a celebrity ?

mefficer, i have no idea why my ezpass isnt working. can i just pay the toll ?

officer: why is there a cover on your rear license plate ? tyring to fool the photo cameras?

me: no officer, i dont like having a dirty license plate .

officer: why is are your windows tinted so dark ? why is your windshield tinted ?

me: officer ims oryr, i dont want people taking pictures of me

officer: your exhaust is too loud, does it pass emissions ?

me: yes officer it does. im very soryr about that.

officer: let me see your license and registration... hey seargant, come over here.. we got a POR SHA

seargant: i bet you have no front license plate

me: guys i have it, its in my trunk, someone hit my front bumper when parking, and knocked it of...

seargant: i bet you have a lot of PBA cards dont you ?

me: actually seargant i do.

seargant: let me see

me: (pulling out 9 cards) this is all i have on me officer. im very sorry, ill put my front plate on and check to make sure my car passes emissions.

officer: (gives me back my license, and seargant gives me back my pba cards) get a new ezpass and get outta here

me: thanks officers i realyl appreciate it.

story 3

sheepshead bay / emmons ave

driving down emmons ave, i see a cop on my ass, and i KNEW he was gonna pull me over, so i down shift the car into 2nd and let it slow down.. lights and sirens went on instantly

cop:good evening sir, window tints are illegal in nyc

me: officer im very sorry, i just got the car and it came with tints, theyre coming off this weekend.

cop: is this your car ?

me: yes sir.

cop: this is your car?

me: yes

cop: license and registration

me: here you go officer

cop: (after 5 mintus) sir.. have a nice night, and learn how to shift.

me: officer, what do you mean ? this is my first time driving stick shift

cop:you should be double clutching

me: officer my car only has 1 clutch pedal. can you show me how to "double clutch"

cop: (making a diagram with his hands) you do this and that and then rev it etc

me: thanks officer

cop: you should be able to smoke me with that thing

me: do you want to drive it ?

cop: not now. but the next time i pull you over i might take you up on that offer. (smiles and leaves)

story 4

at the local autozone, buying oil for my car...

im at the line, waiting to pay.. and some kid starts talking to me

turns out i know this kid.. we raced 3 years ago, he had a 300hp sti,and i had a 220hp audi a4.. we raced, i beat him, and my friend who was with me ended up taking his gf, and they are now engaged to be married...

stan: hey man whats up? is that your porsche ?

me: yes.

stan: wow nice, you always said you would get one

me: thanks man. what are you driving ?

stan: mitsubishi evo with 450 hp

me: cool. hope all is well ill speak to you soon

stan:how much power are you making

me: not sure... probably 600 ?

stan: wow.. youre faster than my car, but the skyline will destory you

me: no it wont

stan: yes it will

me: ok thats fine. but at the end of the day, when you come home and put your keys on the table, would you rather hold porsche keys or datsun keys?

stan: NISSAN obviously

me: take care man.

and im obviously not including the dozens of times people asked me what i do for a living, if my parents bought my car, or if im a drug dealer...

ive even had people call it a kit car...

and theres a guy that took pics of my car, and put it on his facebook as his.. lol

and your car isn't really an exotic or anything so i dont know why you bother even coming in here...

I'm sure its better than any car you have, if you even have one.

i have a 997s and a gallardo and I've gotten nothing but compliments..it is orange county though

Yea I bet.