Who wants an LP560 front bumper?

Allan-Herbie

fcuk that.. you should be at the airstrip with the GTT and do the bumper later.. The airstrip event is why you built your car!!

:iamwithstupid:

:icon_thumleft:

I'm sure your 3M will be done by then. It only takes a couple of hours to do anyway, it's not a huge job!

You'll have the time of your life with 750HP or 1300HP!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure your 3M will be done by then. It only takes a couple of hours to do anyway, it's not a huge job!

Bill you will have a blast brotha. Dougs bolt on TTG was on low boost and had a great time at the event. If you go without it you will wish you brought it!

Bill you will have a blast brotha. Dougs bolt on TTG was on low boost and had a great time at the event. If you go without it you will wish you brought it!

the bumper is getting 3m'd now, but i should have time tomorrow to post pics

You are 3M'ing it that quick after paint? I was told to let the paint breathe for 30 days before 3Ming it.

triple post. slow internet.

You are 3M'ing it that quick after paint? I was told to let the paint breathe for 30 days before 3Ming it.

I asked Hersh about that (he had mine done before shipping it), and he said with the way the body shop down there bakes them it wasn't necessary for them to cure more than a few days. I hope he's right, although I'm not sure there would be a way to tell unless you removed the film at some point.

it has been 4 full days, i was told that im good to go....

maybe i was told wrong. i will tell you one thing, that bumper changes the look of the entire car :)

fcuk that.. you should be at the airstrip with the GTT and do the bumper later.. The airstrip event is why you built your car!!

the bumper is done, i just really wanted the upgrade done thats all.

you should fly down and drive your car down w/heff. (and you have the upgrade)

the bumper is done, i just really wanted the upgrade done thats all.

you should fly down and drive your car down w/heff. (and you have the upgrade)

You live in Florida.. you need to represent... As for me... I just might be there in spirit.. :eusa_think:

it has been 4 full days, i was told that im good to go....

maybe i was told wrong. i will tell you one thing, that bumper changes the look of the entire car :)

most of the clear bra products are fine to put on right after paint, I know venture shield (my personal fav) says you can put it on right after the paint has fully dried because it allows the paint to off gas through the shield.

You live in Florida.. you need to represent... As for me... I just might be there in spirit.. :eusa_think:

ah ha, i think we are on the same page :)

ok i got you LOL

most of the clear bra products are fine to put on right after paint, I know venture shield (my personal fav) says you can put it on right after the paint has fully dried because it allows the paint to off gas through the shield.

thats exactly what i heard

Just had my bumper mounted today. The paint match is off so I'll have to get a body shop to redo it. In addition, the CF piece in the middle seems to not fit as snugly as I'd like, but that I can live with. However, I can't live with how flimsy it is. 4 screws hold it on, attached to the poly. It moves up and down a good 2" without hardly any pressure... I can't imagine what will happen to it at 150+MPH!

Anyone else noticed this? Anyone else get a prepainted bumper and it didn't match?

Just had my bumper mounted today. The paint match is off so I'll have to get a body shop to redo it. In addition, the CF piece in the middle seems to not fit as snugly as I'd like, but that I can live with. However, I can't live with how flimsy it is. 4 screws hold it on, attached to the poly. It moves up and down a good 2" without hardly any pressure... I can't imagine what will happen to it at 150+MPH!

Anyone else noticed this? Anyone else get a prepainted bumper and it didn't match?

It's flimsy. My bodyshop is going to extend the edges where it connects a bit.

Did you send your tow hook cover in for color match??

Did you send your tow hook cover in for color match??

Yes, but it's a white car and who knows if the tow hook cover piece got as much sun as the rest of the car so paint matching on it would be tough.

However, I can't live with how flimsy it is. 4 screws hold it on, attached to the poly. It moves up and down a good 2" without hardly any pressure... I can't imagine what will happen to it at 150+MPH!

It's flimsy. My bodyshop is going to extend the edges where it connects a bit.

That sounds quite disturbing!

Ok, insofar, I am hearing shipping is finally underway. Initial impression for those who received the piece is that quality is good; it's a nice piece. Most have decided to fit OEM grilles instead. Quality & fit of the CF centre piece is only 50/50. It completely changes the looks of the car for the better. But it is flimsy and additional reinforcement is preferred/needed. Has anyone driven the car at high speed after the install? Any issues on aerodynamics and/or overheating? (Don't imagine so but just checking.)

With all the talk about the wait being necessary to ensure a "perfect" product, I'm not going to be a happy camper if it's anything less than that. The color match on the prepaints I can understand because there is always a risk in that, but the issues with the grills and the c/f piece are unacceptable.

But LAMBO-N-IT said his grills and c/f piece were perfect--maybe he can clarify how closely he's looked at them. Could be a quality control issue.

I saw this bumper. The impact to the looks of the vehicle once installed is dramatic.

But it takes ALOT of work to properly finish it, to appear OEM.

Oh, you could throw a coat of paint on it and slap it on...

...If you drove a 10 year-old Mustang.

Again - dramatic effect but to be worthy of Lamborghini , be prepared for ALOT of prep (and finish) work with this part.

Perfect is very difficult to live up to. I don't think that word should be used with ANY car body part as almost everything without fail (OEM or not) requires work to make it right. If you doubt me, ask your local lambo shop how much prep work an oem murci/lp 640 or diablo bumper needs before its acceptable.

Perfect is very difficult to live up to. I don't think that word should be used with ANY car body part as almost everything without fail (OEM or not) requires work to make it right. If you doubt me, ask your local lambo shop how much prep work an oem murci/lp 640 or diablo bumper needs before its acceptable.

I completely agree with you. But if a vendor uses that word, he can't complain if the customer won't accept anything less. And frankly, if the grills or splitter don't fit properly, that's not just less than perfect, it's less than reasonable. But we'll see. Hopefully these few preliminary reports aren't signs of a pervasive problem, or at least one that can't be remedied easily.