Saleenfan

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few questions/comments:

1) How the hell do you Nebraska/North/South Dakota people deal with the ridiculously low temps????

I've lived in New York City most of my life and to me it starts to get brutal in the 15 and lower temp bracket. -15, -20 and colder just seems unlivable. At that level, you're not far off from Antartica type clothing, no?

2) I'll have to take Swil's side in the San Diego/Miami debate. Being a native Californian may have something to do with it, but lower humidity when it counts is a big plus!

As far as driving roads are concerned, it is a choice between curves and straightaways. I'll go with curves.

I'll have to concede the Miami latinas to PikeMike...hehe. But I believe this was a weather/geography thread. :icon_mrgreen:

3) What's the weather like in Vegas this weekend? :drunk:

1) How the hell do you Nebraska/North/South Dakota people deal with the ridiculously low temps????

I've lived in New York City most of my life and to me it starts to get brutal in the 15 and lower temp bracket. -15, -20 and colder just seems unlivable. At that level, you're not far off from Antartica type clothing, no?

Currently we are having a heat wave its 3 above at 9 at night!

To deal with the cold all you do is deal with it, really once it get to about -15 any colder you really dont notice it. Clothing wise I wear under armor and then a normal dress button up shirt black dress pants and a good winter coat and gloves thats it.... not to big of a deal unless you are planning on staying outside for an extended period of time. also you just get used to it, Last week we hit 22 degrees above 0 and i was walking around in Jeans and a Tshirt cause it felt warm.

Minimize the times I am outside. Wear warm clothes. During this time of the year my Xbox360/DVD player gets a lot of use. It sucks, I dont necessarily hate the cold but I do want to move south farther.

3) What's the weather like in Vegas this weekend? :drunk:

Vegas isnt usually as warm as you would think it would be this time of the year. I have been looking at the weather there lately, thinking about a trip. Its been in the 40s-mid 50s. You wouldnt think they would have that much of a swing since its like 110+ in the Summer.

Bro, we NEVER have humidity not in the summer, not in the fall, never. for example, today...........don't hate me please...................78F No-Clouds beautiful light blue skies, 0% humidity, light breeze. :icon_super: Mornings are in the 50s. Summers pretty much the same weather, it just doesn't change here much, no hurricanes, nothing. 85-90F in the summer but STILL 1-4% humidity.

Yes South Florida, you are DOMINATED. :thefinger:

do you have a 5 mile topless beach that is filled with beautiful women that just happen to be topless in thongs 10 months out of the year?

Do people travel from all over the world to watch the worlds best entertainers perform in your nightclubs?

Miamowned!

People always think about tropical storms and hurricanes in Miami. A tropical storm is no big deal at all. Andrew was our last real hurricane and that was 20 years ago.

Wilma was ok. Not too bad where I was living at the time.

26F out after a nice rainstorm. It's time to go ice skating on the way home. Wish me luck! Oy.

-13 celsius with the windchill, which I believe is around 8 Fahrenheit.

If I run into one more person that says "really got cold, eh?" to me, I will punch them in their frozen adam's apple.

do you have a 5 mile topless beach that is filled with beautiful women that just happen to be topless in thongs 10 months out of the year?

Do people travel from all over the world to watch the worlds best entertainers perform in your nightclubs?

Miamowned!

And THAT my brotha is the reason why I love to VISIT Miami!!! :icon_thumleft: I can't argue the nightlife. But when it comes to living long-term and lifestyle, I kiss the ground every time I land back at home, shit, the flight in is just utterly beautiful...

Oh yeah, our ocean is cold!! Never goto the beach anyways (only surfers and they wear wetsuits), for us the coast is just cool to live by and look at.

I go in the ocean all the time...... And Ive never owned a wetsuit.

They are expecting 5-6inches of snow by rush hour. As of 7:30am this morning no snow had fallen, not even a cm. Every school was called off before anything fell.

Last night was fun. Solid ice.

2010-01-06210734.jpg

"To deal with the cold all you do is deal with it, really once it get to about -15 any colder you really dont notice it"

BS...I was raised in the midwest and there is a big difference between -15 and -40, -15 is a heatwave when its -40.....a few years ago on xmas eve it was -25, ive never been back for xmas.....coldest ive been in there was -48

With record level Snowfall back home in England. Schools being closed, workers snowed in etc...

This is how people are passing the time :P

20147_1075919835297_1745269016_144147_755306_n.jpg

Miamowned!

People always think about tropical storms and hurricanes in Miami. A tropical storm is no big deal at all. Andrew was our last real hurricane and that was 20 years ago.

Wilma was ok. Not too bad where I was living at the time.

Miami is great to visit, but most entertainers go there to perform while they live in Cali fulltime. Outside Southbeach there's not much else. But I hear you Mike, got to represent your home.

The ones that perform here actually live in Europe. Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Kaskade, Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Markus Schulz, etc.

Btw, it is 40 degrees in Miami now with a low of 30 later tonight. Maybe it will snow? It snowed in Orlando and Tampa this morning.

in the 80's in Maui...perfect day...here is a pick from Wednesday...Natalie getting ready to take surf lessons...she did great! I am really going to miss being here...will be back in AZ on Monday...

post-10287-1263095261_thumb.jpg