I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

Was at McMillan range today. Pic detail: Shooting my Tac50 at their 1,200 yard target. McMillan chronographing a possible new toy. My friend's McMillan 6.5 getting muzzle velocity for his comp in Jan in the Mommoth Sniper Challenge.

post-10287-1356746716_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1356746724_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1356746743_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1356746758_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at McMillan range today. Pic detail: Shooting my Tac50 at their 1,200 yard target. McMillan chronographing a possible new toy. My friend's McMillan 6.5 getting muzzle velocity for his comp in Jan in the Mommoth Sniper Challenge.

Youre a lefty?!?!?! I dont trust left handed shooters! (JK)

And your pictures are cockeyed....

RomanDad, shoot left, golf right...what is up with that? I am more proficient shooting LH. Yeah, I am not computer savvy and these images came from my iphone...I am just glad they loaded!

If you don't mind, are you former military?

Roman, the M14/M1A is a great choice

Glad you think so, because I just ordered a second one today.... Now... All I have to do is hit the lottery to find one....

Guest Moss

It's just the do no wrong choice. The 308 chambered proven battle rifle!

The 308 rules.

Anyone notice that every single semi auto rifle is pretty much sold out everywhere. AR's, AK's etc etc

Yup. I was looking at an AK pistol that was 600 before Newtown now it is sold out and going for over 1000 at auction. Bushmaster optics ready ARs that were 750 are over 1700 at auction. Its ridiculous.

Looking RD's thoughts on this:

What thoughts would you like? Is it legal? Federally yes... Not sure about each state... I know CA is gtg....

BUT... I have NO IDEA mechanically how you do it...

I think he makes it sound a bit more simple than it really is...

1. I think you would need a Mill rather than a Drill Press.

2. I would think you need to know what the fcuk youre doing with said mill. to not fcuk it up.

3. You have to finish it without lighting yourself on fire or poisoning the neighborhood...

4. Im not sure about heat treating...

BUT... If its HALF as simple as he makes it sound, you can forget about ever having any kind of AW ban ever working.... Every fcuking farmer from here to hackensack would have the tools to run that.... And I KNOW how easy AKs are to build from a flat and parts kit... 2 days MAX... Well skippy, those are the 2 major "AW"s they want to ban....

Yup. I was looking at an AK pistol that was 600 before Newtown now it is sold out and going for over 1000 at auction. Bushmaster optics ready ARs that were 750 are over 1700 at auction. Its ridiculous.

Might seem ridiculous now. But Senator Feinstein is going to introduce her new Assault Weapons Ban to Congress on THURSDAY. Due to Newtown, it' could possibly pass with ease. Will it pass? Nobody knows. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe partially. She got one passed before. But she knows that one was a joke. She's going for the jugular on this one. Closing all the loopholes and going for all out ban. If it was not for Newtown, I would laugh at this bill. But Newtown hurt the situation pretty bad. They have been trying to push a new ban since 2004 and they all fall dead real quick. This one is going to have legs.

But, what we DO KNOW is what's in the bill....

"Senator Feinstein will introduce a bill to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices."

IF it does pass, whatever assault weapon you own is all you will ever own. This is why people are buying like crazy. It's insurance. Nobody wants to be left empty handed if the music stops. If the bills passes, that $1,700 AR15 that seems ridiculous now will be $4,000. That's IF you're even allowed to buy or transfer one.

If you really want that AK, i'd buy it if I was you. In my opinion there will be some type of ban. How nasty it will be is I don't know. I do think it's a guarantee that 30 round magazines are toast. The days of cheap 30 round magazines are now over.

I try not to get wrapped up in the panic with everyone else and am embarrassed to say I have been. But I have some bucket list guns that I want in my collection and if this thing passes, I won't be able to get my hands on them no matter what. I don't want to be sitting around this summer saying "I should have bought in December..."

The panic will calm down if this bill starts to stall. If it moves along, panic will go up and so will prices. I think $1,700 for an AR at this stage is not a bad deal.

Might seem ridiculous now. But Senator Feinstein is going to introduce her new Assault Weapons Ban to Congress on THURSDAY. Due to Newtown, it' could possibly pass with ease. Will it pass? Nobody knows. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe partially. She got one passed before. But she knows that one was a joke. She's going for the jugular on this one. Closing all the loopholes and going for all out ban. If it was not for Newtown, I would laugh at this bill. But Newtown hurt the situation pretty bad. They have been trying to push a new ban since 2004 and they all fall dead real quick. This one is going to have legs.

But, what we DO KNOW is what's in the bill....

"Senator Feinstein will introduce a bill to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices."

IF it does pass, whatever assault weapon you own is all you will ever own. This is why people are buying like crazy. It's insurance. Nobody wants to be left empty handed if the music stops. If the bills passes, that $1,700 AR15 that seems ridiculous now will be $4,000. That's IF you're even allowed to buy or transfer one.

If you really want that AK, i'd buy it if I was you. In my opinion there will be some type of ban. How nasty it will be is I don't know. I do think it's a guarantee that 30 round magazines are toast. The days of cheap 30 round magazines are now over.

I try not to get wrapped up in the panic with everyone else and am embarrassed to say I have been. But I have some bucket list guns that I want in my collection and if this thing passes, I won't be able to get my hands on them no matter what. I don't want to be sitting around this summer saying "I should have bought in December..."

The panic will calm down if this bill starts to stall. If it moves along, panic will go up and so will prices. I think $1,700 for an AR at this stage is not a bad deal.

Its already dead on arrival.

Everybody is hooping and hollering about Obama's appearance on Meet The Press. The money shot quote from that is "Id like to get it done in the first year." Thats an admission that he has ZERO chance to slam something through....

He needs to win back the house to have any chance... Especially with the push back were seeing now.... Americans are voting with their wallets... Theyre cleaning the shelves of guns.... And if you think that doesnt make fence sitters in congress pause to think if theyll bother to show up to vote, youre not a pampered member of congress.

I count 51 votes for any bill in the Senate.... And the majority leader isnt one of them... Because he wants to retire as MAJORITY leader... So almost no chance to defeat a filibuster... and almost no chance to get to the floor past the Leader's office...

Its crazy going back and reading some of the earlier posts on this thread BEFORE Dec 14th and Newtown. Like it or not, THEY WILL pass SOMETHING. The odds are very slim of the proposed Feinstein bill passing in its current form, but they will of course pass something, or WE CAN GET VERY LOUD and raise hell, let those bastards in DC know that we will not go quietly. Just my .02

I appreciate that.... And there is another thing to contemplate as well... I dont think, politically, the country could take a gun control move of any kind right now.... Not with everything else that's going on (Fiscal Cliff, Crippling Debt, Edge of 2nd recession in 3 years, rising prices, falling personal incomes, 8% unemployment, unprecedented political acrimony, the *mostly* tongue in cheek calls for succession, Fast & Furious, Libya etc)...

That would be it. It would LITERALLY shake this country apart...

Im not totally convinced that all of the gun extremists in Washington GET THAT... They have a way of insulating themselves from everything but cries of agreement... But I'm sure they would wake up to it pretty damned quick, when several (large and economically significant) state legislatures immediately vote to give D.C. the middle finger.

Its crazy going back and reading some of the earlier posts on this thread BEFORE Dec 14th and Newtown. Like it or not, THEY WILL pass SOMETHING. The odds are very slim of the proposed Feinstein bill passing in its current form, but they will of course pass something, or WE CAN GET VERY LOUD and raise hell, let those bastards in DC know that we will not go quietly. Just my .02

I think they'll pass "SOMETHING" too.... But I think that "Something" is something I wouldnt have much of a problem with... And if I dont have a problem with it, others shouldn't either...

I would like to see tightening up the background check system- And they'll at least pay that lip service... And I would be ok with them "closing the gunshow loophole" (that phraseology makes me cringe)- Meaning if you sell a gun to another person, you have to do it through an FFL... Obviously FFLs are in favor of this and the gun industry should be as well... It forces you into the gun store, where youre likely to buy something else while youre there... So I just dont see a lot of opposition for it... An extra $15 per privately sold gun... :jack:

And maybe if we get really serious, making sure the mentally ill get IN THE SYSTEM, or get institutionalized before they hurt somebody, whether it be with a gun or car or a knife...

But I dont see anything thats going to limit what you or I can go purchase.. There just arent the votes...

Anyone notice that every single semi auto rifle is pretty much sold out everywhere. AR's, AK's etc etc

I was at a local gun store looking for a Ruger 10/22 to pick up just because I wanted one because I dont have one. They are all sold out too. Its insane right now.

Can't even find ammo for certain guns. 7.62X39 sold out....5.7X28 long sold out now selling for over $1 a round if you can find it. So until things calm down and the shelves are stocked back up i won't be shooting the AK or the FN 5.7 anytime soon. Dam panic buyers bought everything up like crazy around here. :eusa_wall:

AJGlobal - PM me and let me know what you are "needing." I may have what you are looking for.

Damn, that is insane. :eusa_wall: I almost couldn't believe what I was reading in that ^link^ from Robster.

Can't even find ammo for certain guns. 7.62X39 sold out....5.7X28 long sold out now selling for over $1 a round if you can find it. So until things calm down and the shelves are stocked back up i won't be shooting the AK or the FN 5.7 anytime soon. Dam panic buyers bought everything up like crazy around here. :eusa_wall:

5.7 ammo has always been really pricey, that's why i sold my 5.7 handgun and ps90. also, if anyone is looking for good GI mags without spending 50 bucks a pop http://www.themakogroup.com/category_s/119.htm is cranking them out and so is the-armory, both have them in stock.