I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked at some shotguns tonight and I figured out what my next gun will be. Franchi SL, if anyone has a hookup on a deal let me know. Found them locally for $1200, Which I think is a great value for an Italian made over and under.

What about the Sig MPX? That seems to be the hot new SBR gun these days.

They sure do look like a damn fun gun, I have an itch for a 9mm AR.

What about the Sig MPX? That seems to be the hot new SBR gun these days.

I can get the CZ, the SBR Kit, the Tax Stamp for the SBR and the Tax Stamp for the can I want to put on it for less then the MPX.

The MPX is a badass little gun though.

They sure do look like a damn fun gun, I have an itch for a 9mm AR.

I have never liked the 9mm AR15s for some reason. Just looks weird with the mag sticking out of the magwell I guess. I've always wanted an MP5 Clone but at that price I can get the MPX which is arguably better in every way expect reminding me of the 80s.

The CZ is priced right and looks pretty dang cool too.

So suppressors aren't so much for protecting one's hearing but rather to prevent say the enemy from knowing where the gun fire is coming from?

you never hear the shot that kills you.

bullet travels faster than the sound

From what I understand, SEALs have been using Glocks for quite some time. It's just now the individual teams won't be utilizing their budget to purchase their Glocks, instead the Navy's budget will be utilized for purchasing them in bulk, allowing the teams to use their funds for other acquisitions.

Although I'm sure Charlie will correct me very soon if I'm wrong about how it works.

The CZ is priced right and looks pretty dang cool too.

How are CZ shotguns? I have thought about them too.

From what I understand, SEALs have been using Glocks for quite some time. It's just now the individual teams won't be utilizing their budget to purchase their Glocks, instead the Navy's budget will be utilized for purchasing them in bulk, allowing the teams to use their funds for other acquisitions.

Although I'm sure Charlie will correct me very soon if I'm wrong about how it works.

Not true, to my knowledge. I worked TAD in the Coronado SEAL base armory for a week in 2010 and regularly deal with some SEALS now. For the longest time it was the MK23. There wasn't a single Glock in the armory except for training purposes. They wouldn't use them for missions or anything. Also, not saying there aren't any, but I personally don't know of any Glocks that came from the factory with a threaded barrel for a suppressor. All pistols they used had threaded barrels.

The reason the MK23 worked so well is that it could be fired with gloves on, but the teams didn't like them because they were so fcuking huge. At that time they were upgrading to Sigs and now there is a different HK pistol that they use.

Most of the guys on the teams are running Glock 19's as their secondary.

Not true, to my knowledge. I worked TAD in the Coronado SEAL base armory for a week in 2010 and regularly deal with some SEALS now. For the longest time it was the MK23. There wasn't a single Glock in the armory except for training purposes. They wouldn't use them for missions or anything. Also, not saying there aren't any, but I personally don't know of any Glocks that came from the factory with a threaded barrel for a suppressor. All pistols they used had threaded barrels.

The reason the MK23 worked so well is that it could be fired with gloves on, but the teams didn't like them because they were so fcuking huge. At that time they were upgrading to Sigs and now there is a different HK pistol that they use.

Yeah the MK23 is "old skool"...they have not been around for a while now. Most are running the Glock now. You still see some Sig 226's around but those are slowly moving to the Glock as well.

How are CZ shotguns? I have thought about them too.

CZ makes great firearms in my opinion. What kind of shotgun do you want and what activities do you want to use it for?

CZ makes great firearms in my opinion. What kind of shotgun do you want and what activities do you want to use it for?

CZ Redhead possibly, not sure what else they have really. I just want an over and under for trap shooting. I have also thought about the Franchi SL. I dont know why I want one, My Semi Auto Beretta works great. But I just want something different.

• 2 weeks later...

We used the Wave Relay 5 today. Pretty impressive! Here are some pics. Also a pic of my 10" Scar since we used them today...rare we break them out. Some groups are still running them (USASOC and some CAG).

post-10287-1452828984_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1452829001_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1452829011_thumb.jpg

California again attempting to ban all semiautomatic guns that accept detachable magazines. Provided Brown vetoes this, it likely will just surface again under likely next Governor Newsom, who will probably sign it. So if you live in California, time to stand and fight as best you can and also stock up.

How's the AAC can treating you on the SCAR?

I have the AAC 556 and 762 and they have been amazing. They have been re-painted several times and look like new again. I do recommend them. I also really like Crux suppressors.

I have the AAC 556 and 762 and they have been amazing. They have been re-painted several times and look like new again. I do recommend them. I also really like Crux suppressors.

Awesome. I have a Mini4 for the wife's PS90 SBR and two 556s are sitting in jail for my boys AR-15 SBRs. I also have a Cyclone in jail for my 700. Wanted a direct thread instead of a quick disconnect for that firearm.

Awesome. I have a Mini4 for the wife's PS90 SBR and two 556s are sitting in jail for my boys AR-15 SBRs. I also have a Cyclone in jail for my 700. Wanted a direct thread instead of a quick disconnect for that firearm.

Contact Curtis at Crux Suppressors! Makes some great direct thread titanium suppressors!