Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch!

I just had a somewhat similar incident myself but with much less action, since I was only in an amateur XC-race and had a stupid crash. Had ~4 painful kilometers left of the track when my arm broke.

Post surgery x-rays made me say damn.

Well done! What did you do, just a freak accident slamming your elbow into a rock or something?

I folded my tib/fib pretty good in a MX race, had a big stainless rod put into the center of my fib with some screws. Still have a sweet lump on my shin from that one.

Well done! What did you do, just a freak accident slamming your elbow into a rock or something?

I folded my tib/fib pretty good in a MX race, had a big stainless rod put into the center of my fib with some screws. Still have a sweet lump on my shin from that one.

Yep, happened pretty much like that, went flying over the bar and hit a rock hard with my elbow.

Had to google tib/fib fracture since I am not familiar with the terms, not very pretty pictures, must have been painful as hell if yours was anything like those google suggested.

I hope you are fully recovered by now!

Yep, happened pretty much like that, went flying over the bar and hit a rock hard with my elbow.

Had to google tib/fib fracture since I am not familiar with the terms, not very pretty pictures, must have been painful as hell if yours was anything like those google suggested.

I hope you are fully recovered by now!

Mine was a bit higher up and actually broke in three pieces, but my post-surgery X-Ray looks almost exactly like this with the steel rod and four screws. http://www.basejumper.com/images/photos/as...re__Medium_.jpg

I was actually back on the bike in about 5 weeks! This was 12 years ago and yeah everything is perfectly cool now. Still get knee pain from time but i'm not positive that even has anything to do with the break/surgery. Had the rod and screws removed about three years after the break, that hurt quite a bit and left my leg sore for quite some time.

I don't recommend it, but shit happens.

Mine was a bit higher up and actually broke in three pieces, but my post-surgery X-Ray looks almost exactly like this with the steel rod and four screws. http://www.basejumper.com/images/photos/as...re__Medium_.jpg

I was actually back on the bike in about 5 weeks! This was 12 years ago and yeah everything is perfectly cool now. Still get knee pain from time but i'm not positive that even has anything to do with the break/surgery. Had the rod and screws removed about three years after the break, that hurt quite a bit and left my leg sore for quite some time.

Holy shit! That's a serious piece of metal in there. Very impressive you were back on the bike that quick!

I don't recommend it, but shit happens.

:icon_thumleft:

What makes me say "DAMN" is the fact that "victim a" survived being g kidnapped by a cartel after loosing 100 freaking kilos of their product. 100 freaking kilos. That's a lot of coke.

What makes me say "DAMN" is the fact that "victim a" survived being g kidnapped by a cartel after loosing 100 freaking kilos of their product. 100 freaking kilos. That's a lot of coke.

That ain't shit. I just pulled 2400 kilos of coke out of a freighter last week. That's a lot of coke.

That ain't shit. I just pulled 2400 kilos of coke out of a freighter last week. That's a lot of coke.

Holy shit!! A metric crap ton (or two)!!!!

this is so nuts!

Yeah that was earlier this week in SoCal.

This one was filmed a few blocks from my office.

The craziest part was how separated the rainstorms were. My office got a very light rain later in the day but was literally dry the morning I arrived. Yet less than a mile away people had 2ft of standing water in their living rooms. Granted some of that was attributed to their location at the base of a mountain and runoff, but it's still nutty.

Indian Wells is a small rather wealthy town in the middle of the fcuking SoCal desert. In September you're more likely to have road runners spontaneously combust from the searing heat than flooding.

Yeah that was earlier this week in SoCal.

This one was filmed a few blocks from my office.

The craziest part was how separated the rainstorms were. My office got a very light rain later in the day but was literally dry the morning I arrived. Yet less than a mile away people had 2ft of standing water in their living rooms. Granted some of that was attributed to their location at the base of a mountain and runoff, but it's still nutty.

Indian Wells is a small rather wealthy town in the middle of the fcuking SoCal desert. In September you're more likely to have road runners spontaneously combust from the searing heat than flooding.

I think we've talked before but that's where I live. House didn't flood but I have friends with some serious property damage.

When's the party? ;)

So the police report says 2400. . . and you have a veyron vitesse being delivered next week. . . :eusa_dance: