So according to this

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fags. :jackoff:

Look at this one that parked next to me the other day. Ferrari badge on both shrouds, on the windshield, and yes...on the rear fender as well!!

post-12151-1288149281.jpg

Pathetic losers. Those POS replicas stand out like a sore thumb. I'd rather have a real Seiko than a replica of something else.

Pathetic losers. Those POS replicas stand out like a sore thumb. I'd rather have a real Seiko than a replica of something else.

You would surprised at how good some replicas are but it is the same old story. If you are wearing a fake, you are obviously trying to impress the wrong kind of crowd and who cares really?

From the link that Allan posted:

"I have 21 watches, 17 which are reps now (2 more inbound from China). Here is a link to which to purchase. There are scam sites out there that will show the real watch and the one you get won't be as pictured. This is a trusted site on my Replica watch forum.

http://www.watcheden.com/richard-mille-c-2-c-326.html "

ROFLMAO! And anyone who has any wee bit interest/knowledge in watches knows right away from a mile that those are the real RM's.

And, of course, dad's comment is always spot on.

Unless you are paying for expensive raw materials or very complex internals, I see no problem with a replica. I also see a million fake watches every day and they all look just like the real thing. They might break after a while or the finish/material might wear, but as they stand new, they look the part. I'd love to see someone pick out a fake Rolex by anything other than the hands.

Other than Rolex though, I don't necessarily think replica buyers are trying to impress people. 99% of the people you'd want to impress wouldn't have a clue about luxury watch brands other than a Rolex. I'd say a large amount of replica buyers just want to own the style watch at a cheap price. Having a fancy brand name just comes with it.

Could care less if I were marooned on a desert island and a flawless replica washed up on shore...it would still get thrown back into the ocean.

If I know it's a fake then I wouldn't be able to mentally enjoy what it represents in terms of design, technology, history, etc.

And on that note, the newest AP was announced last week, Jarno Truli finally gets his own edition. Looks sharp.

Avert your eyes Brian, I don't want your girlish stomach getting queasy at this "boring watch that everyone has" :icon_mrgreen:

audemars_piguet___jarno_trulli_chronograph_9.jpg

audemars_piguet___jarno_trulli_chronograph_2.jpg

Unless you are paying for expensive raw materials or very complex internals, I see no problem with a replica. I also see a million fake watches every day and they all look just like the real thing. They might break after a while or the finish/material might wear, but as they stand new, they look the part. I'd love to see someone pick out a fake Rolex by anything other than the hands.

Other than Rolex though, I don't necessarily think replica buyers are trying to impress people. 99% of the people you'd want to impress wouldn't have a clue about luxury watch brands other than a Rolex. I'd say a large amount of replica buyers just want to own the style watch at a cheap price. Having a fancy brand name just comes with it.

Dude, your post makes no sense whatsoever and you're contradicting yourself lol

Could care less if I were marooned on a desert island and a flawless replica washed up on shore...it would still get thrown back into the ocean.

If I know it's a fake then I wouldn't be able to mentally enjoy what it represents in terms of design, technology, history, etc.

And on that note, the newest AP was announced last week, Jarno Truli finally gets his own edition. Looks sharp.

Avert your eyes Brian, I don't want your girlish stomach getting queasy at this "boring watch that everyone has" :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_thumleft: i put fake watches in the same category as kit cars.

I would rather not wear a watch than be caught wearing a fake. I have no one to impress and even if I did, simply wearing a watch, real or fake, wouldn't do the trick.

Gentlemen, we have --- at long last --- found the official replacement member for our departed "Pantera".

ROFLMAO! And anyone who has any wee bit interest/knowledge in watches knows right away from a mile that those are the real RM's.

:icon_hang: :eusa_wall: :eusa_doh: Oh jeez, how missing one word changes the entire meaning of the post and jeopardizes my own credibility!!!

I meant anyone who has any wee bit interest/knowledge in watches knows right away from a mile that those are NOT the real RM. My bad...

Maybe you haven't seen the real thing because there is a huge difference between a fake and the real one.

Brian, you are killing me :eusa_wall:

He didn't put a 560 body kit on a fiero

The point is that it's not the real thing; it's not as good as the real thing; it's supposed to look like the real thing; it's a lot cheaper than the real thing; and much like replica watches, it's not exactly the same as the real thing because the fit is usually off and there are small things that are probably not exact under close scrutiny. I don't see how it's that much different from replica watches in that sense.

Why is it cool to have a 560 bumper on a Gallardo, but not to have a fake watch? This isn't directed at him because he has a TTG, but why is it cool to have a 560 bumper on a much slower Gallardo? People wouldn't want to be caught dead wearing a replica, but they don't mind getting destroyed in a race with their 02 M with SV body kit?

I understand that the owners aren't trying to pass their cars off as 560's and SV's and that's ok, but I don't see how it's any different than replica owners not trying to pass their replicas off as the real thing. They both want the same thing -- the cool look without the hefty price of buying the real thing.

Here's an interesting idea. What do you think would happen if you put a real Rolex up for sale at $1000 in the classifieds, but told everyone that it was a replica? Think it would sell?

So then why do you have a 560 front end on a Gallardo?

Sigh. :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Cue another Kane beatdown in 3...2...

I'm pretty sure I can pick out the fake rolex, it has a different feel (weight , material)

I know somebody that has a "good" fake Jacob, pretty much identical, feel, weight etc just not real diamonds. He also owns the real one but tends to wear the fake unless he's going out.

Although...IMO he's still fcuking gay for owning a Jacob in the first place!

Brian from your posts I believe you are an intelligent young man. I also believe you antagonize our members and sponsors simply for sport and have a comment somewhere admitting as much. Trolling and threadshitting are not allowed on this website.

Your comments both in this and the Fabspeed thread were silly. Don't get yourself suspended or banned.