18 y/o on L4P bought new car

PCow

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice...i don't get why the people at L4P like to think its fake? these things are very common here...SAMLAMBO's relative had his Murcielago when he was 17years old..and i know alot of people who drives such cars are really young age..

also i remember when one of my friend had installed HPF stage 3 turbo on his e46 m3 when he was in LA..everyone on the bmw forums were saying he won't be able to handle the power since he was only 19years old..its not about the age that matters..its about what and how he is doing before he got the car..sure it is a fast car that cant be compared to anything he has ever driven..but take it this way..most GTT owners never driven anything faster before they had TT done on their gallardos..older guys doesn't mean they are more skillful..i am not saying that all young guys are good at driving..but some of them have been used to such things at earlier age..

one big problem - 18 year olds have 18 year old friends, who would love nothing more than to yell "PUNCH IT!!!!"

when i was 16..i had friends the same age as my dad..LOL..and i dont hang around much with my school friends..spend more time going for drives or car events rather than catching a movies with classmates..

Different strokes for different folks, if he has earned the respect of his parents then good on him, sure people will be jealous and kid with him daddy paid for it but he is still the guy with those cars when the jerkoff finished the his hater sentence.

If I was a parent i would not give those cars to my child mainly because I would have them!

GBGallardo is a great example of someone young with a quality car, there are millions of young drivers around the world driving safely, we don't hear about them because we are too interested in pointing to stories of kids that have crashed or we end up focusing on the White tuxedos that they are wearing.

It should be noted that I lost four friends that were 18 and 19 years of age in one car crash in a maser 3200.

The owner was 19 and he purchased the car through his inheritance when he lost both of his parents - in a car crash.

Police turn up at the scene and see four very dead kids in a sports car and are getting ready to blame them.

Thing is they were just pulling slowly away from the lights when a drink driver jumped the red lights and ploughed his van into them, he survived and ran off.

The maser owner's brother battled depression for 18 months having lost his brother and parents and committed sucide.

Losing 5 close friends in 18 months really hurts.

It should be noted that I lost four friends that were 18 and 19 years of age in one car crash in a maser 3200.

The owner was 19 and he purchased the car through his inheritance when he lost both of his parents - in a car crash.

Police turn up at the scene and see four very dead kids in a sports car and are getting ready to blame them.

Thing is they were just pulling slowly away from the lights when a drink driver jumped the red lights and ploughed his van into them, he survived and ran off.

The maser owner's brother battled depression for 18 months having lost his brother and parents and committed sucide.

Losing 5 close friends in 18 months really hurts.

sorry to hear that..i've lost a good friend who was 19years old 3years ago..hes a good driver..but he allowed his friend to drive his car and ended up in a tree and the car caught fire and burnt to the ground.

Hey, good for him, I just would be skeptical of the Zondas. I thought most, if not all the Cinques went to Asia. Never heard anything about an American picking one up. Also the Zonda R he owned must have been the one that just came up for auction?

I think you have to qualify what driving experience they have had and not always consider the age, I met Graham Rahal when he was 16 and he could drive circles around most of us before he even got his license. At 18 he won his first Indy race has had dozens of fast cars and I would ride with him anytime. Age is not always a factor, maybe this person has done every driving school out there and is safer than most of us. Just saying.

However, we do send our kids off to fight our wars at 18, leading other Men into battle with the ultimate responsibility on their shoulders of life and death.

:icon_thumleft:

But no beer with their mates after loosing a leg in battle. (Until the magical age of 21).

I think the older guys in this thread REMEMBER being his age. Most of my friends TOTALED at least one of their parents cars by the time we hit 18. If I was given a 2010 Lambo or Fcar at that age, no doubt in my mind, I WOULD BE DEAD. No ifs and or buts.

:iamwithstupid:

My Dad was a firefighter and photographer for them later in life, so I was shown many a photo and video of wreck scenes - usually of kids driving a car doing dumb shit. Driver's Ed did nothing for me, I had already seen these photos and worse from very young (some can argue whether that's good or not)!

My parents enrolled me in Skip Barber Racing/Driving school right when I turned 16. I was already a decent driver from years of video games and picking up quickly, but that school saved my life, and the lives of my passengers, more times than I can count.

I did dumb shit with my first car (an SUV), but I knew what I was doing. Doesn't make it right - looking back some of the things I did weren't too smart, but it wasn't all sheer speed. Other kids and classmates I knew did far worse, and several of them died during HS and after - usually as a result of stupid things that kids do ; (No seatbelts, drinking and driving, on the phone, talking with their friends in the car).

Ya, it's a long thread - but I've seen and known too many people who have died behind the wheel of a car who could still be here today if they just were trained better, and were taught better. It's not always the result of "punching it" or having a fast car.

When I have kids, they're getting newer, safer cars and driving training from me and a driving school.

THAT being said - I think it's horrendous that any parent (even a billionaire) would buy their son cars or anything like that at such a young age. There's no way to appreciate the hard work and years of labor it takes to get those, if they're just given to you.

I was already a decent driver from years of video games and picking up quickly, but that school saved my life, and the lives of my passengers, more times than I can count.

Are you serious? Driving on the nurburgring in GTA5 is totally different than doing it in real life. And even after the driving school which improved your skills you stil had to push your limits and bring others in danger...?! =>

I did dumb shit with my first car (an SUV)

If you want to drive fast and stupid you should do it without passengers.

Just stating the obvious, because it sounds stupid.

You're correct in assuming the obvious. And actually video games, driving with your parents at a young age, etc. DO help in developing motor skills, reaction times, observation, etc. And I never pushed my limits - I KNEW what limitations were because I had gone to that line, gone over, and come back on the track. No one gets that chance in driving school, so they never know WHAT to do when they have to evade a crash or prevent something from going wrong while driving NORMALLY.

I noticed that too

'the fuck, whiteout? Where's the loyalty?

Its not about loyalty.

If you talk shit somewhere else, it will come back to you here. If you wouldn't say it here, for all to see, then going somewhere else and talking shit is cowardice.

Calling someone a "Hater" is the intellectually inferiors persons way of ending a discussion he can't win. "Youre just jealous." Its become all too common in our collective discourse. If you disagree with me, its not because we disagree, or because you have a better argument. Its because I'm "SIXHIRB" (Sexist, Intolerant, Xenophobic, Homophobic, Islamophobic, Racist, or Bigoted- and now you can add an extra H to that for the sub 30 demographic, "Haters")

There is zero "hate" in this thread. There is no Jealousy. I dont know this kid. If his dad wants to spoil him rotten, I couln't care less. Its not a choice I would make with my own son, but hey, I dont have all the answers on parenting either.

If dad wants to give his kid a super performance car at an age that statistics and science show us theres a good chance hes going screw up with it, thats none of my business either. Kids are going to drive, and kids are going to do dumb things, and kids will crash cars and theres nothing thats going to happen to change that. (although a crash at 80 is bad... A crash at 180 is catostrophic, and a lot more likely- Again. Not a parenting decision I would make).

Finally there is the outstanding argument "Like you would turn down this car if somebody gave it to you." From this I can only surmise that the other forum doesnt have the same age restrictions we do.... I dont see anybody who blames the young man for getting some nice cars.... I hope he drives them in good health... Especially since my family shares the roads with him.

We do however, or at least I DO, question his father's judgment in giving them to him. My seven year old would DEFINITELY eat cookies and poprocks in pepsi for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and he'd never turn them down. Id be a pretty shitty dad if thats what I gave him.... In fact, some might say I was neglecting him or even abusing him, because we all know, thats not a good longterm diet for his overall health.

Wow, what's up with the fcuking 'hater' word? Why do people use it to skate thought provoking good ol conversation?

Please, Nick AKA Whiteout, whoever the fcuk SINzZZ is, and Edwin AKA M92 (Who called out JBrown) explain how the thread I started was hating?

If the three of you fcuking retards don't like the fact that I asked questions to fellows I consider friends about what they would PERSONALLY do, go LP "hate" on L4p, but stay your ass on that side of the fence.

All, you three jack wagons, my original thread was asking would they give these things to a kid, the key being 'give' and not make them earn it. I don't care what you say about someone at 18, if they were not in the war, that haven't had enough life experience to earn that car. Do you think he has personally donated something that he made/bought with his OWN, no father derived, money? If not, I'm sorry, you have not earned 'the better' things in life until you've lived to help someone else.

I have plenty of data on what kids at that age of concerned with and what they are not. It was part of my job for a long time. I have seen the decapitated 18 y/o kids, I have seen the burning and dying 60 y/o woman that was hit by a speeding 17 y/o kid. You know, like Roman said, and it is very true, brains are not fully developed.

However, again to stress, the ability to drive the car was not the point, it was whether or not the LP guys would give these type of gifts to their children, and why or why not? How does that turn in the hating? Why is it these three assholes consider good conversation filled with opinions different from theirs is hating? That's fcuking ridiculous.

Nick, Edwin, SiNNzZ, if he didn't want to be talked about, he shouldn't make 4 or 5 threads about these wonderful cars he owns. If you want to swing from his nuts, do so in his thread and not mine.

R.D., once again, I think you're spot on. I get tired of saying it.

Best

RE the picture of the dead girl. As I recall that was a lowly 996-2 cab, girl was drunk, pissed off at dad and took of in a typical teenage girl bitch tyrant fit. She misjudged that toll booth a bit and well, the cinderblock box won.

911 Carrera- 100 MPH. Clipped a Honda she was trying to pass... Crossed 6 lanes and only stopped when she hit the booth.

911 Carrera- 100 MPH. Clipped a Honda she was trying to pass... Crossed 6 lanes and only stopped when she hit the booth.

You guys forgot to metion she was high on coke and had major drug issues, this was not a fast driving accident, it was an accident waiting to happen.

Its not about loyalty.

If you talk shit somewhere else, it will come back to you here. If you wouldn't say it here, for all to see, then going somewhere else and talking shit is cowardice.

Calling someone a "Hater" is the intellectually inferiors persons way of ending a discussion he can't win. "Youre just jealous." Its become all too common in our collective discourse. If you disagree with me, its not because we disagree, or because you have a better argument. Its because I'm "SIXHIRB" (Sexist, Intolerant, Xenophobic, Homophobic, Islamophobic, Racist, or Bigoted- and now you can add an extra H to that for the sub 30 demographic, "Haters")

There is zero "hate" in this thread. There is no Jealousy. I dont know this kid. If his dad wants to spoil him rotten, I couln't care less. Its not a choice I would make with my own son, but hey, I dont have all the answers on parenting either.

If dad wants to give his kid a super performance car at an age that statistics and science show us theres a good chance hes going screw up with it, thats none of my business either. Kids are going to drive, and kids are going to do dumb things, and kids will crash cars and theres nothing thats going to happen to change that. (although a crash at 80 is bad... A crash at 180 is catostrophic, and a lot more likely- Again. Not a parenting decision I would make).

Finally there is the outstanding argument "Like you would turn down this car if somebody gave it to you." From this I can only surmise that the other forum doesnt have the same age restrictions we do.... I dont see anybody who blames the young man for getting some nice cars.... I hope he drives them in good health... Especially since my family shares the roads with him.

We do however, or at least I DO, question his father's judgment in giving them to him. My seven year old would DEFINITELY eat cookies and poprocks in pepsi for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and he'd never turn them down. Id be a pretty shitty dad if thats what I gave him.... In fact, some might say I was neglecting him or even abusing him, because we all know, thats not a good longterm diet for his overall health.

I want to grow up to be just like you! :icon_thumleft:

PCow, you felt the need to start a new thread, on a forum where the person in question isn't a member. Your main points are how the car was paid for and how old the owner is. Not based at all on the owner, at a personal level. He could be a complete dick that sucks at driving, or a nice guy that can handle these vehicles. But that isn't what you brought up, you based everything on a stereotype.

FYI, many people in their 20's, 30's, 40's, etc have crashed, totaled, and have been killed in high power vehicles. Many of which are professional drivers. The fact that Ghost is a teenager with the ability to buy a great track car shows his passion for cars and responsibility to have this type of vehicle used in the correct atmosphere. On L4P, Ghost stated that he didn't take delivery of the Zonda R because it was too much car and he would probably end up in an off-track excursion with it. It takes a lot of mental maturity for a person to realize when a vehicle is too much to handle and make a move on that point.

Also, none of us have any history if Ghost has been in racing applications for years. He could have started off at a very young age in motorsports. I have many friends that started racing at 13-15 years old.

BTW.... "SINZZ" and "whiteout"

"Haters gonna hate" and "Modders gonna mod."

You get my drift?

Totally.

'the fuck, whiteout? Where's the loyalty?

Loyalty?

There is no signed contract with forums, but I understand the loyalty argument you make.

Any and everyone is free to chose whatever forum they participate in. I even jump on L4P from time to time. Different places offer different flavors and subjects.

But, everyone has that one board where without a doubt they will call home, and for myself it's Lambo-Power, for Whiteout it's L4P. There's no problem with that. However, inciting petty discourse between boards from members is frowned upon in my book.

OP felt the need to vent on a member from L4P, which has many members on LP. Might as well let Ghost know what's going on, since with his new purchase, he is likely to come to this forum. . .

I don't have a forum that I call home, because of that I use the same username everywhere. I am often at L4P because of the media coverage of such a wide range of vehicles. Overall, I am infatuated with cars.

Nick

Edit it all : I'm getting complaints about my posts. I'll leave it to you complainers to post, so I don't bother anyone.

Totally.

Excellent.

OP felt the need to vent on a member from L4P, which has many members on LP. Might as well let Ghost know what's going on, since with his new purchase, he is likely to come to this forum. . .

I have read and re-read the op, and I wouldnt characterize it as "venting". Were a car related "discussion" forum. Its a thought provoking issue, one that comes up again and again with regard to cars. Were "discussing" it. Young people are all too quick to take the defensive and rather than discuss an issue rationally, view everything as a slight.... And... The older ones of us that have kids are very familiar with that trait as well. My father rolled his eyes at my grandparents... My generation made a clicking noise with our tongue and teeth. This generation has the phrase "hater"... Nothing ever changes.... We're just old and want to ruin your fun.

"Ghost" (and as an aside he might get a little more credit for maturity, if his SN wasn't taken from a video game... I know some folks who have earned the right to go by badass Callsigns at his age... They earned them in the Sandbox, not Xbox...- Just sayin'.) "Ghost" has every right to come to this thread. He joined up last night and lurked for a while. You dont get much more of a red carpet or guarantee of safe passage from me than post #41. He chose not to respond. That's fine too.

Your WAY of letting Ghost know this thread was happening was all I objected too and I think were both on the same page with that. :icon_thumleft:

I'm still in awe at how my op has been construed.

Facts

A ) I said I was not hating, and that I am for people buying their kids nice things.

B ) I said it was not driving ability, mainly earning the nice things one has.

C ) Asked peoples OPINIONS when it comes to their families/kids.

How else could I have asked the question, citing Ghost as a reference without a few select people jumping on the defense wagon?

Truth is, some people should take their own medicine here. I keep hearing, "you don't know the kid", "you don't know what he has earned", etc. Same goes for you and what you are saying. You don't know me, nor do you apparently know my motivation behind making this thread. LP is a place where topics of conversation require one to think out a response, not just bang the keyboard for a 4-8 letter word to form.

I've been told I got complaints in regards to L4P members. Hell I was a L4P member. Until just recently that is. I'm not into the forum war bullshit, nor do I want to be. Too many cars to talk about. If people are going to try and pit one against the other, I am not going to be part of it.

You know who you are, and what you did. I would name you, but you stick your foot in your mouth enough as is, so I'll let you do it to yourself.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Everyone chill! Lol

Also I saw the owner of the cars browsing here last night .I would love to have him contributing here as well as I was reading some post on l4p and he seems like he knows what he's talking about and has a lot of cool stuff to contribute. So instead of having a silly forum feud let's welcome him here and be productive.

Everyone chill! Lol

Also I saw the owner of the cars browsing here last night .I would love to have him contributing here as well as I was reading some post on l4p and he seems like he knows what he's talking about and has a lot of cool stuff to contribute. So instead of having a silly forum feud let's welcome him here and be productive.

+1

It'd be pretty neat to see photos for all the cars together and get to know the guy at the very least before passing judgements.

Everyone chill! Lol

:iamwithstupid: I mean afterall....he has STEPPED UP