My neighbor of 14 years died yesterday

Redlambo

Damn this sucks, I am sad and mad all at the same time.

My neighbor of 14 years died yesterday during a stress test for his heart.

I just do not understand why they would push him so far as he was complaining of chest pains.

Long story short I saw him leave yesterday morning around 6:30 and got the call late in the evening from his sister that he died.

He was on the treadmill and they told him to go faster and that's when he passed out.

They tried for 45 minutes to revive him and he never came back, Steve was 62.

Enjoy life guys as you just never know when your numbers up. Sincerely Vic

RIP, Steve

RIP to your neighbor. Sorry for the loss

What kind of liability do you think the doctor will have for pushing him that much?

sad news Vic

...your comment to enjoy life is appreciated...I concur, we are here really such a short time

Horrible. And this is happening more and more, probably the third "stress test heart attack" fatality I've heard in the last 12 months.

Be careful out there...stop ANYTHING that you don't feel comfortable doing, who cares what the credentials are of the people compelling you to keep going.

Be careful out there...stop ANYTHING that you don't feel comfortable doing, who cares what the credentials are of the people compelling you to keep going.

:iamwithstupid:

Sorry Vic, that is horrible. I have always wondered about the stress tests. It just never made sense to me. Why not put the dye in the veins or some other test. RIP

LAW SUIT.

At the end of the day, it still won't bring him back.

Vic, sorry for your loss.

Law suit won't get anything and really isn't warranted. Info given in this thread is hearsay and details are not given.

Main lesson to learn is carpe fcuking diem because you never know when your number is up.

Man that's awful. Long story short but I had a heart stoppage issue at 26 and spent a week in the ICU.. did a stress test there and a follow-up 4 months later. During the treadmill run on the second test, I couldn't breath, felt like my heart and head were going to explode, thought I was going to pass out and fall on my face, etc. I've never come so close to punching a woman before, but the nurses/doctor would not let me stop the treadmill. They kept saying "oh you're young, you'll be fine.." When I finally got off I was hyperventilating, fell on the floor, and got an oxygen mask. When I could finally breath again I lit the place up. Never been so pissed in my life... I can't imagine how this guy must have felt, but I hope his family sues the shit out of those guys. Yes they were doing their job, but I'd bet money the patient made it clear he needed to stop.

I am sad for your loss and for the family he left behind.

On this topic of stress tests, my father had one after complaining of shortness of breath and chest pain. He was scheduled and did he stress test. This test revealed many things that,in the long run, probably will prolong his life.

I have had three stress tests and they always tell you to stop if you feel any shortness of breath, dizziness, pain or anything. They do not tell you to keep going. That's not the way the tests work.

That is so sad :( RIP. I am also sorry to hear in this thread it's not a single incident, it is unfortunate to hear this happens from such things.

Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond back to everyone as we have been busy with the wake and funeral.

I would like to thank everyone for the support and thoughts, you guys are great. Also sorry to hear about your loss dallas.

Yesterday we attended the funeral in Aucilla Florida which is about 30 miles east of Tallahassee.

The funeral was held at the family cemetery which dates back to the early 1800's.

It was beautiful there and the service was quite special as members of the marines were there to pay him farewell.

I have never been to a military funeral before, it brought tears to my eyes, and I will never forget it.

The family ordered an autopsy and they are still waiting for the results.

I hope there is no neglect found and that they determine that it was just his time to go.

If not I am afraid that the pain and hurt will stay with his remaining family till their last days.