Fuck da police!

abolfaz

:iamwithstupid:

People have become so comfortable with this police state we live in people are forgetting to stand for their rights and were having them slowly dissolved.

LOL. When was the last time you felt this 'police state' was taking away your rights? I'm pretty sure a poll would show that 99.999% of Americans feel all their rights are well intact.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rob Burgundy
LOL. When was the last time you felt this 'police state' was taking away your rights? I'm pretty sure a poll would show that 99.999% of Americans feel all their rights are well intact.

Every time I watch things like this. Just because I haven't personally been arrested for this doesn't mean when I see other Americans being treated this way I'm not bothered by it. The point being made is this is happening enough that if it isn't corrected its going to become a standard and while you might be comfortable in your passiveness it doesn't sit well with me and I promise you're bullshit poll number of 99.999% of Americans wouldn't feel the same as you either Mao. Add Abolfaz & Romandad & myself into the miniscule 0.1 percent of people you claim this is bothering.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Fortunately we still have guys like this out there too.

Im getting tired of the police pulling this shit....

You can RECORD ME in public? Guess what... I can record YOU TOO.

Shes on her own property.... "Get in your house" is NOT a lawful order unless she has been convicted to house arrest.

So... "I am sorry Officer but this is my property and I have the right to stand here and observe" ?

We need a feature that will upload videos directly online so phones can't be taken away and destroyed

Guest Rob Burgundy
So... "I am sorry Officer but this is my property and I have the right to stand here and observe" ?

We need a feature that will upload videos directly online so phones can't be taken away and destroyed

There is one for the Iphone I cant remember the name but it streams it to an online server as its recording so its instantly backed up.

Guest Rob Burgundy

"A followup on Emily Good, the woman who was arrested for video-recording a police stop from her front yard: during a neighborhood meeting in support of Ms Good, Rochester Police came out with a ruler and measured the parking-distance of the attendees' cars. Cars that were more than 12 inches from the curb (even by half an inch) were ticketed. Needless to say, the 12 inch ordinance isn't normally enforced with this kind of vigor. "

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/06/24/roche...police-use.html

"A followup on Emily Good, the woman who was arrested for video-recording a police stop from her front yard: during a neighborhood meeting in support of Ms Good, Rochester Police came out with a ruler and measured the parking-distance of the attendees' cars. Cars that were more than 12 inches from the curb (even by half an inch) were ticketed. Needless to say, the 12 inch ordinance isn't normally enforced with this kind of vigor. "

Alex: Ill take federal consent decree for $200.

Chief should be fired for violating the first rule of holes.

This country has LONG had a problem with Police abuse of Minorities.... Rodney King, for the first time caught on camera what MOST African Americans already knew (and a lot of NON african americans a well)... That the police (youll notice I didnt say LAPD) routinely abused their power.

But it took the mass distribution of the Handycam in the 80's for the proof to be seen and accepted by most people.... But for MOST people it still remained a "Black problem".

We now have video cameras in every smart phone.... EVERYBODY is waking around with a video camera in their pocket... And guess whats starting to turn up? Police.... ACTING LIKE OUT OF CONTROL ASSHOLES... And not just to blacks.... Not just to Mexicans.... But to EVERYBODY.

See... the problem was the public couched the issue as one of black versus white..... That was incorrect... The Police have always seen it as "Blue versus everybody else." There is an "us versus them" mentality that is being indoctrinated into police cadets from the day they enter the academy.... And in the last 20 years those academies have been run more and more along the models of military boot camps. Lots of yelling.... Lots of screaming.... Lots of mental harassment, that inevitably results in cops who come out ready to kick somebodies fcuking ass.

But now, theyre finding themselves VIDEOTAPED doing it.... And they dont like that... It can interfere with their careers making 100,000 a year and earning a 200% pension at 20.... And they are trying to prevent their actions being seen.....

THEY ARE PUBLIC SERVANTS.... THEY SHOULD BE PROUD, AND UNAFRAID TO HAVE THEIR ACTIONS VIDEOTAPED WHILE ON THE JOB.... IF THEY DONT LIKE THE RULES... THEY SHOULD PICK A NEW JOB.

WOW!!! That lady should have measured the police cars. Oh wait they are exempt from any rule because they are police. :rolleyes:

I'm fairly certain 99.999% of statistics are madeup and thus total bullshit. Clearly the majority of us in this thread have a serious issue with the way she was being treated.

Last I checked the big badge on the side of the police car says Protect And Serve. It doesn't say harass, abuse, and generally have the public who PAYS YOUR fcuking SALARY afraid to approach you. This shit has gotten completely out of fcuking hand. Take a look around LA for instance, anything that's been stationary for more than 37 seconds is covered in graffiti, there is garbage strewn about that doesn't move for months, street signs have to be wrapped in barbed wire to ward off the tagging, and the amigos ILLEGALLY selling flowers off forest lawn drive are free to do so. But if I'm going 42mph down La Cienega you would think they just spotted someone from the FBI's most wanted list.

The police force as a whole needs a serious fcuking attitude adjustment, and a reminder what their jobs are. Their "protect" focus has somehow shifted into a revenue stream with a hardon to fcuk with hard working people who pay their taxes.

Im getting tired of the police pulling this shit....

You can RECORD ME in public? Guess what... I can record YOU TOO.

Shes on her own property.... "Get in your house" is NOT a lawful order unless she has been convicted to house arrest.

she was charged with "second-degree obstructing governmental administration "

"to be convicted of second-degree obstructing governmental administration, Good would have had to impede police through intimidation, force or a separate illegal act"

supposedly the comment she made before filming was that she knew the man being arrested.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/articl...s%7Ctext%7CNews

This cop flat out needs his fcuking ass kicked. He obviously feels tough picking on kids.

and busted again....

The kid's mother in the first video tried to sue him. Her suit got tossed out. He got suspended, then eventually fired last year.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime...rated_skat.html

This cop flat out needs his fcuking ass kicked. He obviously feels tough picking on kids.

and busted again....

The kid's mother in the first video tried to sue him. Her suit got tossed out. He got suspended, then eventually fired last year.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime...rated_skat.html

If I had to dress up as a bumblebee and drive around in a golf cart, I'd have anger issues too.

I dont agree with it but in most states it is illegal to record the police. It falls under wiretapping or eavesdropping laws. It mostly pertains to the audio portion not video. I think the Anthony Graber vid has been posted here before.

We won't be crossing the Maryland State Police any time soon. As Anthony Graber recently found out, exceeding the speed limit and showboating on your bike can easily end with having a gun pulled on you, your personal property confiscated and a trip to the clink. Graber was enjoying the weather on his bike, admittedly speeding and popping wheelies, all the time recording his exploits via a helmet cam. When he slowed for a stoplight, a car pulled in front of the bike, and the driver exited the vehicle with a gun drawn, demanding Graber get off of his motorcycle.

Talk about needing a new set of leathers. As it turned out, the gun-wielding individual was a Maryland state trooper, though he took his sweet time letting Graber know that little piece of information. Here's where things go from bad to worse. Graber gets his citation and heads home, only to have the state police show up a few days later with a warrant for four computers, two laptops and his camera. Why? Turns out there's a law against audibly recording someone without their consent. It's a felony.

We have a hard time imagining any judge standing behind the police on this one, especially considering the fact that Graber was in public and the officer in question was brandishing his firearm. Some might think the state police were simply trying to hush up the possibility of even more bad press after that whole severe beating of a University of Maryland student last month. Hit the jump for the video.

Fortunately we still have guys like this out there too.

Very cool. :icon_super:

I know a few NYPD cops who remind me of this guy....talking to them you completely forget about the typical cop stereotype, a normal human being who happens to wear a badge and carry a gun.

I dont agree with it but in most states it is illegal to record the police. It falls under wiretapping or eavesdropping laws. It mostly pertains to the audio portion not video. I think the Anthony Graber vid has been posted here before.

We won't be crossing the Maryland State Police any time soon. As Anthony Graber recently found out, exceeding the speed limit and showboating on your bike can easily end with having a gun pulled on you, your personal property confiscated and a trip to the clink. Graber was enjoying the weather on his bike, admittedly speeding and popping wheelies, all the time recording his exploits via a helmet cam. When he slowed for a stoplight, a car pulled in front of the bike, and the driver exited the vehicle with a gun drawn, demanding Graber get off of his motorcycle.

Talk about needing a new set of leathers. As it turned out, the gun-wielding individual was a Maryland state trooper, though he took his sweet time letting Graber know that little piece of information. Here's where things go from bad to worse. Graber gets his citation and heads home, only to have the state police show up a few days later with a warrant for four computers, two laptops and his camera. Why? Turns out there's a law against audibly recording someone without their consent. It's a felony.

We have a hard time imagining any judge standing behind the police on this one, especially considering the fact that Graber was in public and the officer in question was brandishing his firearm. Some might think the state police were simply trying to hush up the possibility of even more bad press after that whole severe beating of a University of Maryland student last month. Hit the jump for the video.

If you're afraid of Maryland, completely avoid Virginia.....that's the big police state of the east coast.

I have a friend who works at one of the bars on the beach here, one Saturday he asks me to stop by. I've been to the place many times before, I have my current state id that never once gave me a problem in any country or bar in the world. I walk up to the front and the bouncer takes a look at my id and says "Hmm, I can't tell if it's real" - and hands it to the cop who is next to him

The cop looks at it, and shakes his head "no"

So I ask "What's the issue?"

and he says "I can't tell if it's real"

I reply - "It is as real as it gets, scan it"

his reply - "Ok smart guy, give me a scanner"

Me- "Why would I have a scanner?"

I am at a loss of words so I just pause for a second, when he hits me with "You better get out of here before I arrest you"

My friend later talked to the bouncers to make sure it never happens again but it is still amazing to me how some cops are just complete pricks. Especially short cops who feel like they have to prove something

this is perfect Internal Affair material. someone should send this to DA and IA.

cops can't interfere with citizen rights based on threat that are unfounded, especially since the woman is on her property. ACLU needs to take note here.

If you're afraid of Maryland, completely avoid Virginia.....that's the big police state of the east coast.

:iamwithstupid:

dont ever speed in va

I have a friend who works at one of the bars on the beach here, one Saturday he asks me to stop by. I've been to the place many times before, I have my current state id that never once gave me a problem in any country or bar in the world. I walk up to the front and the bouncer takes a look at my id and says "Hmm, I can't tell if it's real" - and hands it to the cop who is next to him

The cop looks at it, and shakes his head "no"

So I ask "What's the issue?"

and he says "I can't tell if it's real"

I reply - "It is as real as it gets, scan it"

his reply - "Ok smart guy, give me a scanner"

Me- "Why would I have a scanner?"

I am at a loss of words so I just pause for a second, when he hits me with "You better get out of here before I arrest you"

I'm very curious what RD has to say about this.....

Fuckin phaggot cop.