Iphone 4.1.0.3.s.q

capt_chaos

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are there any good gps navigation apps for the iphone?

considering getting the iphone5 and that would seal the deal. if not ill wait for the droid prime

I will get one if I need it for development purposes. For example if the screen resolution is different than iPhone 4 or it has some feature that I can only test on iPhone 5 that I want to integrate into my apps.

Your reason is more than valid, others just want to have the latest new thing.

Your paying a premium for convenience also. Apple with it's exceptional fan base and marketing dept have got their product in to everything from direct integration with Home entertainment systems to plug and play in your car. While the other phones are working up to this, there is a significant element of convenience that comes with an iPhone or iPod and convenience ALWAYS demands, and usually receives, a premium.

Besides that, the iPhone, as a phone it is ok, AT&T when I am in the states sucks in the areas that I am usually in, Verizon is much better but it doesn't work internationally, so right now I am stuck. I have factory unlocked phones that I bought here in Italy, so I just swap the SIM when I go back and forth.

As an operating system, IMO is superior to Android. I have had an iPhone since the 3g, and I have used a number of different Android phones, I don't like the operating system. That could have to do with the fact that I am comfortable with iOS because I have been using it for so long now, so I may be biased by that.

AS others have stated, I will not upgrade to the 5 unless it is a full upgrade, not just a facelift and an OS (which I can get for my 4) I don't need the extra processing power, because I don't play many games other than angry birds. The mail system leaves a lot to be desired. I like the mail system on my Blackberry, but HATE everything else about the BB.

are there any good gps navigation apps for the iphone?

considering getting the iphone5 and that would seal the deal. if not ill wait for the droid prime

Yah Mapquest. Turn by turn directions and its Free-Fifty-Free.

So bottom line- Does someone with a so-so affection for his two year old blackberry want this? Is it coming to Verizon? Will it surf better? Still have email and such?

So bottom line- Does someone with a so-so affection for his two year old blackberry want this? Is it coming to Verizon? Will it surf better? Still have email and such?

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

I will agree with Sprite on the Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. But, having both a Blackberry and an iPhone, if you use Outlook or outlook exchange mail server, the blackberry is superior with regards to email. If you are using a mail program that doesn't automatically sync everything to your BB the iPhone is fine. Email/Calendar functions is the ONLY thing I like my blackberry for, and I would still drop it in a second if my company would let me use my iPhone with our company servers.

RD - It is light-years beyond my blackberry. With regards to your functionality questions, GE now has the iphone as its preferred mobile device for employees because it works soo well.

RD- I researched a lot prior to purchase and could not justify the 4x cost of the iphone4. Play with something android based for $100 and i'm sure you wont either.

I will agree with Sprite on the Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. But, having both a Blackberry and an iPhone, if you use Outlook or outlook exchange mail server, the blackberry is superior with regards to email. If you are using a mail program that doesn't automatically sync everything to your BB the iPhone is fine. Email/Calendar functions is the ONLY thing I like my blackberry for, and I would still drop it in a second if my company would let me use my iPhone with our company servers.

Well wait a minute.... This is a major fcuking deal- I use Outlook for EVERYTHING... Contacts, Calender, Email.... And it all syncs really nicely w/ my BBErry.... It wont work with an IPHONE?

Well wait a minute.... This is a major fcuking deal- I use Outlook for EVERYTHING... Contacts, Calender, Email.... And it all syncs really nicely w/ my BBErry.... It wont work with an IPHONE?

Yes it will...

Yes it will...

it will, i just think the BB is better at it. The same goes for Android phones. I think that is the ONLY thing BB has going for it

RD - If all you do on your phone is email, text, and phone - keep your BlackBerry.

If you like to surf the web, take photos, use any apps, GPS, listen to iTunes/Pandora, etc. - get a new updated iPhone.

I've had both - and most of my uses are in the latter. Played on Droids before, could not stand the interface - iPhone was always native-feeling to me and that's why I bought one.

I hate apple, but this phone just plain works. In the past 2 years I've had a Blackberry tour, an HTC evo, and a iPhone 4. I also had a Samsung Gallaxy 2 when I was in Korea. iPhone is the best hands down.

I have grown to hate my iCrap4...It's slow, loses reception, crashes and not worth the money. There are far better phones out there nowadays...And I havn't touched my iPad for over a month :rolleyes:

RD - If all you do on your phone is email, text, and phone - keep your BlackBerry.

If you like to surf the web, take photos, use any apps, GPS, listen to iTunes/Pandora, etc. - get a new updated iPhone.

I've had both - and most of my uses are in the latter. Played on Droids before, could not stand the interface - iPhone was always native-feeling to me and that's why I bought one.

I use my phone for:

phone

Email

calander (Outlook)

contacts (outlook)

surfing web

listening to music

texting

picyures

video

I find the bbery lacking in the browsing area... but its great for the rest... And its getting harder for me to see the little screen.

It's looking more like there isn't going to be an iPhone 5 this year. More like an iPhone 4s and an entry level iPhone 4. The major upgrade will be the assistant program. I guess we'll know the truth Tuesday.

I use my phone for:

phone

Email

calander (Outlook)

contacts (outlook)

surfing web

listening to music

texting

picyures

video

I find the bbery lacking in the browsing area... but its great for the rest... And its getting harder for me to see the little screen.

The iPhone will do almost all of that BETTER than the BB. Again the only thing I like my BB for is my email, and maybe that is because I am used to it, and we use exchange server at work, so I don't have to sync my phone, it automatically does it. Most of my friends with BB have said that they would switch, IF the iPhone came to verizon (Which it has) and was 4G(LTE) which it is not yet. When Verizon gets a version with LTE, I will switch to Verizon, until then I am going to stick with what I have.

I hope the new phone is global, switching out phones everytime I travel is a pain in the ass.

That's the main reason that I am staying with AT&T. I have a factory unlocked iPhone that I can just swap sim cards when I am here in Italy, and then swap back when I get back to the US.

The iPhone will do almost all of that BETTER than the BB. Again the only thing I like my BB for is my email, and maybe that is because I am used to it, and we use exchange server at work, so I don't have to sync my phone, it automatically does it. Most of my friends with BB have said that they would switch, IF the iPhone came to verizon (Which it has) and was 4G(LTE) which it is not yet. When Verizon gets a version with LTE, I will switch to Verizon, until then I am going to stick with what I have.

Can you explain the difference in how they handle email? My bberry just "gets" email from the various email addresses I tell it to get it from... Iphone doesnt do that?