Autistic Girl Would Like a Ride in a Supercar

EpDarks

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She definitely knows you haven't forgotten about her Scotty!

I can't get her to wear a different shirt!

Thank you Scotty, Luis and everyone that has continued to shown such wonderful kindness to Maddy and our family.

From your description Scotty, I can tell you understand autism well. Maddy doesn't get caught up in the day to day things. She loves everyone and only sees the good in people.

This ongoing experience has given her so many opportunities to improve her social skills and reach out in ways that are going to help her become a successful, independent adult.

From a very grateful father, Thank You.

Just finished reading this thread and it is absolutely incredible what you guys did to give back to this little girl! I'm sure its something she will cherish forever! Props to all of y'all!

I have a soft spot in my heart for these kids. My nephew is autistic and I know how special these kids can be. They don't get caught up in the date today minutia like we do, they look at things through new eyes and look at things differently. They seem to notice things that we don't notice which makes them special. I just wanted to make sure Maddie Didn't think I forgot about her.

Definitely heartwarming to know people like you still exist! Keep it up

Awesome! I have a nephew who is autistic and have the most respect for the challenges (and rewards) you go through. I ran the NYC marathon to raise funds for Autism Speaks and love to help put together a bunch of cars if Maddy is ever in LA. I have a non LP friend with a really nice (but non lambo) collection and I'm sure we could pull some local members together as well. If not soon then the offer will always stand, just pm me.

• 3 years later...

Bumping this 4 year old thread.

Maddy is graduating from high school and a group of us are driving out to Wisconsin to surprise her with a bunch of cool cars at her graduation party tomorrow. I will try and get some pics.

wow, I remember when this thread initially came about and I was flabbergasted at the pure awesomeness within. 4 years later, thanks yet again for helping restore my faith in the human race!!!

We had a great drive out to Wi today. Maddie will be attending college in the fall. Richard surprised her and didn't tell her we were coming. She was super happy to see us.

2iu9ab7.jpg

2n9dm3q.jpg

jb0i1w.jpg

Great job Luis and everyone else!

Funny story, a few weeks back I reached out to Luis to see if there is anyway you could get a group of guys over there as I have been invited to the graduation party. I had a conflict as one of my good friends is getting married in Turks and Caicos and I certainly couldn't make both of them. To my surprise, he already had a group of guys established in prepared to head over there as a surprise for her graduation party. I think that is absolutely awesome that you guys remembered Maddie four years later. To this day, she still sends me messages from time to time and keeps me up-to-date with what she's doing.

Funny story, a few weeks back I reached out to Luis to see if there is anyway you could get a group of guys over there as I have been invited to the graduation party. I had a conflict as one of my good friends is getting married in Turks and Caicos and I certainly couldn't make both of them. To my surprise, he already had a group of guys established in prepared to head over there as a surprise for her graduation party. I think that is absolutely awesome that you guys remembered Maddie four years later. To this day, she still sends me messages from time to time and keeps me up-to-date with what she's doing.

Stories and actions like this are what make LP the best damn site on the Internet.

Rather than a bunch of stuck up pretentious rich guys, this place brings out the classiest people out there.

I remember this thread from 4 years ago. Brought tears to my eyes then, and you guys did it again. Such an amazing act of generosity and kindness. Doesn't take much on your end, but this type of thing has lasting impacts on the receiving end.

I hope to see more stories like this on LP in the future.