anyone here ever try an online dating site?

BUMN

I dont have much social time, not into bars etc.. 45 years old.. been busy with work and the gym.. thinking of trying an online dating site, have you tried any or heard which are pretty good? Having a very hard time getting over an ex girlfriend...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a friend of mine met his wife on match.com (yes he has been on one of the commercials)

So obviously he had good results with that.

Passionate automotive enthusiast seeks near death widow of considerable wealth and no heirs apparent

Will travel

No physical intimacy

I have been divorced a little under 2 years now. I first joined eHarmony. Don't waste a penny on eHarmony. You cannot search their database. So I joined Match.com and it is the bomb !!!!!!!! I am not ready to settle down so I just keep dating women....some relationships last for weeks. Lots of hotttt women out there. The minute they start talking moving in or marriage......I'm onto the next one. Good luck !!!

If you are very into fitness...fitness-singles.com. Much less people on there and if you aren't near a big city it will be slim pickings. Match is ok. Eharmony sucks ass.

Maybe try it but don't take it tooooo seriously, just average coz "online dating" isn't guaranteed doucheless. I still prefer going out personally, just to know the chick more.

I just check the "casual encounters" women seeking men section of craiglist.

All kinds of loose women on there to date and you don't have to call them the next day.

Careful though, some of them turn out to have penises and rufilin.

And yet another thread that makes me appreciate my wife.

THANKS LAMBOPOWER!

I haven't, but I know people who do. Always seems odd, but these days, it's incredibly common and seems to work quite well. However, I think it works better the younger you are. Why would some super amazing woman in here 40's be on it and not married already?

When browsing my friend's account, there were some pretty good looking women on there too.

thanks for the info guys.. I am on long island, very much into fitness... dont have a good rap... and when I checked out a few profiles on match, the women are all looking for a tall guy.. and these are women under 5' 4" I am not tall..... ... I am 5' 6" .. Online might not be good for me... :( lol

thanks for the info guys.. I am on long island, very much into fitness... dont have a good rap... and when I checked out a few profiles on match, the women are all looking for a tall guy.. and these are women under 5' 4" I am not tall..... ... I am 5' 6" .. Online might not be good for me... :( lol

No worries, just use this as your profile pic...

ron-jeremy.jpg

A friend of mine has used some of the free sites, for example plentyoffish.com. I always say that it never hurts to try, because you never know who you can meet. There are some interest specific sites, so depending on what you like, you could look them up. Like someone mentioned, there are sites for singles who are into fitness, etc.

There was recently a CNBC special on TV that featured online dating sites. It was called 'love at first byte'. Might be worth checking out if you are thinking of joining some of these sites. I'm sure you can stream the video online : )

I have noticed a scary trend with these sites purely from observing friends and family using them.

It would appear that the ratio of women containing 1 or more of the following ailments but not limited to,

1. Daddy issues

2. Drug/alcohol problems

3. Multi babys/daddies

4. Bi polar disorders

5. Depression

are lining up in droves to be found by an unsuspecting nice guy. Ive seen some really horrible sacks of crap disguised as very normal people at first come from them. We know that most women are nuts anyway but the odds of finding a real girl thats not coo coo for coco puffs on the net is going to be tough.

My older brother found one from Match, they dated for a year. Turns out after about a year he found out that she was a full on Lesbian, not the good kind but the type that hated men. She had switched teams when she met my brother or something idk... This one was overbearing, rough and aggressive. She had a temper unlike any other and she wore my brother down to nothing. Add in all the lies and deception, a major closet coke problem and you have the final chapter ending in the suicide of my brother last summer.

So yes, my view points are slightly biased on the subject but If your going to get involved I would take it slow and tread lightly. The 3-4 month rule is in full effect here.

I have been divorced a little under 2 years now. I first joined eHarmony. Don't waste a penny on eHarmony. You cannot search their database. So I joined Match.com and it is the bomb !!!!!!!! I am not ready to settle down so I just keep dating women....some relationships last for weeks. Lots of hotttt women out there. The minute they start talking moving in or marriage......I'm onto the next one. Good luck !!!

:iamwithstupid:

This.

I loved Match.com when I was on it, it literally is like a buffet of crazy/desperate/loose girls that want SO desperately to believe that you're "the one" that they check their usual morals/ethics at the door.

You do have to know how to work your profile, and the first initial communications in order to stand out to the hotter girls (who get hundreds of bullshit requests/winks/emails per day), but it honestly is like shooting fish in a barrel once you get the system down.

Plus, you can definitely find true quality women on the service that you won't want to let get away, and that's ultimately what happened to me (married her).

Highly recommended, no better way to go for bachelors looking to score. Thank god for the internet, lol.

My older sis met her hubby on match.com. It was the first fix-up for both of them. 15 years later they are happily (I think) married with a son. They met when she was 40, he 42.

A good friend (53) is on match.com. She's had a lot of dates and a few relationships (lasting multi-months) but nothing has panned out.

Good luck.

You do have to know how to work your profile, and the first initial communications in order to stand out to the hotter girls (who get hundreds of bullshit requests/winks/emails per day)

Examples? :eusa_think:

Plus, you can definitely find true quality women on the service that you won't want to let get away, and that's ultimately what happened to me (married her).

Highly recommended, no better way to go for bachelors looking to score. Thank god for the internet, lol.

To counter this I think I need tell my experience. Some of you on here I have spoken to know some of my date stories but here is some background.

For as long as I can remember my luck with women has been appalling. My friend's constantly josh me on my dates because I am never able to find the one per se but more the the one with something wrong and we are not talking slightly wonky nose we are talking abso-bloody-lutely crackers mental something wrong with them. Date with a narcoleptic anyone?

Anywho decided to give match a run. The first three ladies I met were just in it for free dinner and drinks - and before you say it one plainly confessed to it, the other two meet up with my friend (who joined the site with me) and they did the same.

So what ended it for me? There was this girl whose profile was very nice, subtle funny elements and just two photos, one a full length body shot, one a face shot. Sent a message, got a reply, a few messages exchanged later we agree to meet up.

The thing I did not pick up in those two photos was presented to me when we met up was the head tilt.

She had a neck condition which meant her head was tilted about 10 degrees to her right. Now you may think this is me being superficial but it was so awkward, she had showed it in the photos but I just accepted it as coquettish pose yet somehow I felt deceived by it.

To make it that little bit worse was what do I do about it, I was just so conscience of the tilting angle of my head, do I tilt with her in line, a little bit less than her angle or even title the other way?

That was it for me.

[quote name='capt_chaos' date='Feb 12 2012, 03:20 PM' . The first three ladies I met were just in it for free dinner and drinks - and before you say it one plainly confessed to it

Had a woman do this once...met me for dinner and then tell me she was actively dating someone and came because he was out of town and didn't want to stay home and cook for herself... I promptly stood up,told her to cover her own bill...went home,hunted down her facebook profile where she had her boyfriend listed as someone she was in a relationship with and sent him her messages she sent me asking me to take her out for dinner and a fun time.

Got a "Thanks"response...hope he dumped her ass.

To counter this I think I need tell my experience. Some of you on here I have spoken to know some of my date stories but here is some background.

For as long as I can remember my luck with women has been appalling. My friend's constantly josh me on my dates because I am never able to find the one per se but more the the one with something wrong and we are not talking slightly wonky nose we are talking abso-bloody-lutely crackers mental something wrong with them. Date with a narcoleptic anyone?

Anywho decided to give match a run. The first three ladies I met were just in it for free dinner and drinks - and before you say it one plainly confessed to it, the other two meet up with my friend (who joined the site with me) and they did the same.

So what ended it for me? There was this girl whose profile was very nice, subtle funny elements and just two photos, one a full length body shot, one a face shot. Sent a message, got a reply, a few messages exchanged later we agree to meet up.

The thing I did not pick up in those two photos was presented to me when we met up was the head tilt.

She had a neck condition which meant her head was tilted about 10 degrees to her right. Now you may think this is me being superficial but it was so awkward, she had showed it in the photos but I just accepted it as coquettish pose yet somehow I felt deceived by it.

To make it that little bit worse was what do I do about it, I was just so conscience of the tilting angle of my head, do I tilt with her in line, a little bit less than her angle or even title the other way?

That was it for me.

StewieHeadTurn.gif

My best friend met and married a girl on plentyoffish.com. He is quite happy. I second what RD said, I am thankful for my wife and the fact that I don't have to go out looking.

Hope you find what you are looking for!