Martin/Zimmerman thread

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for sure.. this whole thing is a fcuking disaster. Martin put himself in a situation to be shot. He should be liable for his own death. If Zimmerman didn't fire a shot, and Zimmerman would have died from his injuries caused by Martin (we just saw a ref get punched one time and die so it is very possible he could have gotten killed) what would this whole trial be like? Martin would be on trial for murder I would hope.. So tell me everyone in this world, did Zimmerman have the right to use leathal force to defend himself? Case closed. All the bullshit about who started the fight, how it started, who followed who become irrelivant. Martin chose to escalate the situation to what it became.

Why does Zimmerman have the right to use lethal force (a gun) if he feels that he's in danger but Martin wouldn't have the right to use lethal force (his fists) if he felt the same way?

Why does Zimmerman have the right to use lethal force (a gun) if he feels that he's in danger but Martin wouldn't have the right to use lethal force (his fists) if he felt the same way?

Because it was deduced he initiated the attack. If you ambush someone you are on the offensive, thus giving you a tactical advantage abdicating your argument of "protection" as you willingly engage with someone that was not attacking you.

Zimmerman, presumably was ambushed, attempted to defend himself, called for help and then as a last resort used his pistol to fend off the attacker.

fcuking Holder is such a hypocrite - rethink self defense laws, but it is okay to assassinate American citizens without a trial in the name of defense.

Yea had to turn off part two within a minute or so after she tried to explain that the Jury wasn't biased because of race, but because they were old...oh and that "cracka" or "cracker" is not a derogatory term for honkeys...its a derogatory term for the police. :lol2:

15rzksn.jpg

What would leave him to reasonably explain he felt in danger? He wasn't threatened, no weapons presented, he wasn't assaulted, etc. Following someone isn't threatening them, even if you do it in a sketchy, creepy way.

Now breaking someones nose and slamming their skull into the concrete, that's a little more clear IMO.

What would leave him to reasonably explain he felt in danger? He wasn't threatened, no weapons presented, he wasn't assaulted, etc. Following someone isn't threatening them, even if you do it in a sketchy, creepy way.

Now breaking someones nose and slamming their skull into the concrete, that's a little more clear IMO.

These people on the other side of the argument act like Zimmerman was walking around with his gun in hand trying to hunt Martin down.

I've had plenty of arguments/discussions with people that have been heated when I've been armed. Some how we have come to resolutions using words instead of them attacking me, slamming my head into the ground and me using lethal force to defend myself.

Because nothing Zimmerman did was threatening Martin's life.. As well let's just say even if Zimmerman threw the first punch (even that legally isn't considered life threatening.) at any point Martin could have just ran away.. Zimmerman didn't hold him back from his own free will.. Martin could have stopped attacking Zimmerman once Zimmerman showed he wasn't fighting back, or that he wasn't a threat to his life. Once Martin took it to the point of holding Zimmerman down and giving Zimmerman no way to run away at his own free will, that is when his life was in Martin's hands and not his own.. If you can't understand that, then you are an idiot.

One other thing I want to express my personal opinion on and this should clear up the whole bullshit about a hate crime and that this was a racial issue..

Let's all assume for 1 minute that Zimmerman racially profiled Martin. That he figured that Martin was a threat to the community for the color of his skin alone. Does that change the outcome? Does it change the facts about the case and that Martin was the one who held Zimmerman back from his own free will to escape? fcuk no it doesn't. Martin still got shot because no matter what happened he was the one that put Zimmerman in a position to defend his own life.. Nothing Zimmerman did put Martin in that position.

Either way, Race isn't why Martin got killed.

These people on the other side of the argument act like Zimmerman was walking around with his gun in hand trying to hunt Martin down.

I've had plenty of arguments/discussions with people that have been heated when I've been armed. Some how we have come to resolutions using words instead of them attacking me, slamming my head into the ground and me using lethal force to defend myself.

Even if he was stalking him in the bushes with war paint reenacting Last of the Mohicans, it still isn't illegal.

The argument I have yet to get a legitimate retort to is this... M wanted this, he choose to engage and make it a confrontation. If not, his clearly athletic 17yr old ass could have easily jogged away from the stumpy 28yr old guy. Z would have been winded in 20 seconds and said fcuk chasing this asshole in the rain, this is bullshit, i'm going home.

Disclaimer: I'm racially profiling that the 5'6" 170lb Z-Man wasn't a closet marathon runner who could run down the 6'2" 17yr old like a cheetah on a 3 legged gazelle.

At which point would you feel you were in danger enough if I were on top of you, broke your nose, and was slamming your head into the concrete.. Im sure you would be like... nah... not time to use that gun in my pocket just yet.. I think I can take a little more abuse before he cracks my skull open..

At which point would you feel you were in danger enough if I were on top of you, broke your nose, and was slamming your head into the concrete.. Im sure you would be like... nah... not time to use that gun in my pocket just yet.. I think I can take a little more abuse before he cracks my skull open..

:iamwithstupid:

Some how we have come to resolutions using words instead of them attacking me, slamming my head into the ground and me using lethal force to defend myself.

Aren't you like 7 feet tall or something? Maybe that's why they came to a peaceful resolution with words.

I was in this exact situation at 18 years old with the guy (white, doesn't really matter but for clarification) that shot my best friend in the head when I was 12 (my friend was 14 and was actually my protector against this 14yo kid because he was a complete fcuk up).. He picked on me my whole life and when I ran into him at 18 I decided to ask him why he was always such a jerk to everyone growing up. ( I didn't even mention him shooting my friend). He swung at me and a fight ensued. He got me in a headlock and tried breaking my neck. We exchanged punches and so much of it was a blur.. Some way or another he got on top of me.. I was laying on the street and was watching cars drive by like it was in slow motion as he was punching the side of my head repeatedly. Somehow I rolled over and he popped my nose about 3 times. With my nose broken and him on top of me I managed to get a solid swing in and clock him hard enough to drop him off of me and end the fight. If I had had a gun on me he would have gotten shot. If I would have killed him would I be in prison right now? I was in fear for my life.

My nose got broken, my shoulders and ears were hamburger from rolling around on the blacktop. I was actually amazed I didn't black out. I drove home by myself and my mom drove me to the hospital. I had to have surgery to correct my nose because it was mangled. Literally over about an inch to the right.

Eric Holder denounces 'Stand Your Ground Laws'

I've about had it with this guy. AG says that self defense shouldn't be so broad and should require that you retreat if possible. I'm assuming Zimmerman couldn't retreat once he was on the sidewalk being beaten to a bloody mess. I'd like to ask AG Holder how the border patrol cops were supposed to retreat from the drug cartels who were using weapons that HE GAVE THEM. I can't believe Holder is still in office. He's got to be one of the worst things about the current administration.

Because nothing Zimmerman did was threatening Martin's life.. As well let's just say even if Zimmerman threw the first punch (even that legally isn't considered life threatening.) at any point Martin could have just ran away.. Zimmerman didn't hold him back from his own free will.. Martin could have stopped attacking Zimmerman once Zimmerman showed he wasn't fighting back, or that he wasn't a threat to his life. Once Martin took it to the point of holding Zimmerman down and giving Zimmerman no way to run away at his own free will, that is when his life was in Martin's hands and not his own.. If you can't understand that, then you are an idiot.

No need for name calling here, save that for the youtube comments section :icon_mrgreen:

So there was no evidence of Martin being hit/attacked? No bruising on the face, body, etc? From what I have understood (and I could be mistaken) Martin was confronted and a fight ensued.

No need for name calling here, save that for the youtube comments section :icon_mrgreen:

So there was no evidence of Martin being hit/attacked? No bruising on the face, body, etc? From what I have understood (and I could be mistaken) Martin was confronted and a fight ensued.

I wasn't calling you an idiot.. I was calling anyone that doesn't feel his life was in jeopardy an idiot.

Martin had a bullet wound, and his knuckles were scuffed up from punching Zimmerman. No other injuries..

Martin had a bullet wound, and his knuckles were scuffed up from punching Zimmerman. No other injuries..

Ah, that says quite a bit.

You're basically arguing that they both had the right to use lethal force to defend their lives at this point. If this is the argument then GZ's lethal force was a lot more effective than Martin's lethal force and case closed. Not really sure what your point is?

Also, Martin had no reason to fear for his life, escaped for four minutes, but chose to come back to GZ, demonstrating that he wanted to confront Zimmerman and did not fear for his life.

I've about had it with this guy. AG says that self defense shouldn't be so broad and should require that you retreat if possible. I'm assuming Zimmerman couldn't retreat once he was on the sidewalk being beaten to a bloody mess. I'd like to ask AG Holder how the border patrol cops were supposed to retreat from the drug cartels who were using weapons that HE GAVE THEM. I can't believe Holder is still in office. He's got to be one of the worst things about the current administration.

Considering "stand your ground" wasn't even used in this trial, seems pretty moronic.

Considering "stand your ground" wasn't even used in this trial, seems pretty moronic.

Would you entertain the idea of anything less from AG Holder? :lol2:

:iamwithstupid: Amazing the amount of free passes he gets. Someone else mentioned the "email tip line" for any dirt on Zimmerman that Holder wants to use to help adjudicate civil rights charges. This is what its coming to? What a crock. Doesn't that prove that they are grasping at straws here? FBI has nothing to implicate Z was racist in any shape or form. The DOJ is now hoping someone, somewhere has some dirt on him... Pathetic.

This fiasco is used as another way to focus on taking away gun rights and yet another distraction that's being milked for all its worth. Takes the heat off the scandals and then when its run its course, on to the next one.

:iamwithstupid: Amazing the amount of free passes he gets. Someone else mentioned the "email tip line" for any dirt on Zimmerman that Holder wants to use to help adjudicate civil rights charges. This is what its coming to? What a crock. Doesn't that prove that they are grasping at straws here? FBI has nothing to implicate Z was racist in any shape or form. The DOJ is now hoping someone, somewhere has some dirt on him... Pathetic.

This fiasco is used as another way to focus on taking away gun rights and yet another distraction that's being milked for all its worth. Takes the heat off the scandals and then when its run its course, on to the next one.

If this becomes a civil case, and something happens to Z because of it, we should all lock our doors and never go outside. Soon not saying hello to someone as you pass by may become a civil issue because you are clearly racist against their ethnicity.

Also, Martin had no reason to fear for his life, escaped for four minutes, but chose to come back to GZ, demonstrating that he wanted to confront Zimmerman and did not fear for his life.

If you throw out all of the garbage at the beginning of the story, and bs potential profiling, this is really the nuts and bolts of why Z is Not Guilty