Martin/Zimmerman thread

Allan-Herbie

I know what your saying and I agree. I would not want to be in that position especially if I was innocent. I'm just thinking of innocent people that may end up hurt depending on this outcome, maybe nothing will happen but seeing the protesters gathering with signs that say "no justice no peace" is a bit worrying.

So punishing one innocent person to protect the "innocent" (violent mob) from acting out as a group of vigilantes is justified to you? :eusa_think:

Simpsons_angry_mob.png

Let the free man go (as just a general reference, not case dependent), arrest and punish the violent criminals acting out. Now that sounds a little more justified. Innocent bystanders need to act a little in self preservation and do what they have to do to protect themselves, and/or make sure the premium is paid up on their homeowners/property insurance policies.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jurors have been sequestered for a month now and its Friday afternoon... I'm betting on a not guilty verdict at 3:59 pm

Also, I live about 20 minutes from the Seminole county courthouse... it might be a interesting night in Sanford

I know what your saying and I agree. I would not want to be in that position especially if I was innocent. I'm just thinking of innocent people that may end up hurt depending on this outcome, maybe nothing will happen but seeing the protesters gathering with signs that say "no justice no peace" is a bit worrying.

What they should be protesting about is the crime against each other that end up thousands of young kids dead each year.

While I understand and appreciate the Utilitarianism argument, it just isn't right. An innocent person should not be punished to appease opponents. And while to fight the angry mob is not popular, it's the right thing to do for the sake of the innocent.

Granted, if you didn't want to fight the mob, stay home and put yourself in a reactionary position if the mob comes to you. That's what high walls and high-powered rifles are for ;)

I apologize for sticking my nose in this, I haven't read the whole thread, but if this man is innocent why would anyone riot? Throw the rioters in jail not the innocent man... The other way around makes no sense. That isn't justice, it's vengeance.

Bar none, if this kid wasn't putting himself in this position in the first place. He wouldn't be dead right now. Let the innocent man walk.

Bar none, if this kid wasn't putting himself in this position in the first place. He wouldn't be dead right now. Let the innocent man walk.

walking home after buying a soda and candy?

It's too late, the innocent man is dead.

I don't think the conversation went this way:

"Oh hey, how's it going? You're from the neighborhood? Cool! I'm just heading to my father's place up around the corner. Wanna join us for some dinner?"

I apologize for sticking my nose in this, I haven't read the whole thread, but if this man is innocent why would anyone riot?

The same reason that there is a trial to begin with, ignorance. This is a total reverse racism issue IMO. Court stream is back on.. not sure what is going on, some sort of note to or from the jury.

..I think you guys are forgetting the part about where he beat the shit out of all be it a pussy of an adult. So some guy is following you to your house do you A. Go home and lock the door B. Politely or shit even impolitely ask what he is doing or C. Sneak up on him and pummel the crap out of him

C. Sneak up on him and pummel the crap out of him

I missed it. Where did you get that this is how it went down?

He was staying with his father's fiance, and i don't think he really had a choice about that. So he wasn't from the neighborhood. So i wouldn't go the "he doesn't belong there" route. It doesn't work.

It's too late, the innocent man is dead.

I'd hardly call anyone in this situation all-encompassing innocent.

I'd hardly call anyone in this situation all-encompassing innocent.

Agreed! Bad choices were made by all parties.

FACT: Somebody was yelling for HELP! If it was Trayvon, George Zimmerman deserves to go to prison for 2nd degree murder. Case closed

And... Of course me... Im flying into mother fcuking Chicago Tuesday Night (probably right as the verdict is announced given my luck) and have to drive from there, to Lousiville, SANS PISTOLA.... fcuk.

Tragic all around.

Both parties share the blame, but only one person is around to give his side of the events.

I doubt anyone on here, has not (at least once) faced a juvenile that acted like a tool, that is looking for trouble, that you wished was off the street and locked up somewhere to learn discipline.

Similarly, most of us have come to deal with someone in a position of authority (real or perceived), that was drunk on their ego-trip, and carrying a firearm has a known effect of making people high on power.

No one, other than Zimmerman knows what happened, so trying to speculate is a useless.

What isn't useless, is that the professional testimony I watched, along with lead detective on the case, supplemented with Zimmerman's injury photos, lead me to believe there is an established "reasonable evidence" that he feared for his life.

If he was ambushed and picked on, then it was justified (especially that he was a neighborhood watch that performed his job out of the desire to help others, something I respect), if he overused his position and pistol, I hope he's locked up.

Just my $.02

Tragic all around.

Both parties share the blame, but only one person is around to give his side of the events.

I doubt anyone on here, has not (at least once) faced a juvenile that acted like a tool, that is looking for trouble, that you wished was off the street and locked up somewhere to learn discipline.

Similarly, most of us have come to deal with someone in a position of authority (real or perceived), that was drunk on their ego-trip, and carrying a firearm has a known effect of making people high on power.

No one, other than Zimmerman knows what happened, so trying to speculate is a useless.

What isn't useless, is that the professional testimony I watched, along with lead detective on the case, supplemented with Zimmerman's injury photos, lead me to believe there is an established "reasonable evidence" that he feared for his life.

If he was ambushed and picked on, then it was justified (especially that he was a neighborhood watch that performed his job out of the desire to help others, something I respect), if he overused his position and pistol, I hope he's locked up.

Just my $.02

Judge is a moron. Why would she give the case to the jury on a Friday afternoon? If they come back with a verdict quickly, we have all weekend to watch shit burn!

Judge is a moron. Why would she give the case to the jury on a Friday afternoon? If they come back with a verdict quickly, we have all weekend to watch shit burn!

full-1799-61855-chris.jpg