Martin/Zimmerman thread

Allan-Herbie

What exactly is a gun good for other than shooting someone that's beating the shit out of you? Imo, this should be an open and shut case, all this other shit is just static.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly is a gun good for other than shooting someone that's beating the shit out of you? Imo, this should be an open and shut case, all this other shit is just static.

It's mob-mentality's approach at "justice".

I've been watching a good bit of the trial, it is a total witch hunt. The judge seems to be going along with the hunt to some extent as well which is BS.

It might be my ignorance, but the Child Abuse thing doesn't make any sense to me. They are trying to argue Third Degree Murder based on child abuse as a possible lesser charge. When they went over the requirements they stated that child abuse was one of the requirements for the charge, but they are saying that the shooting was the abuse. So they are basically saying that he is guilty of 3rd degree murder, just because he shot him and he was a minor, regardless if it is self defense or not. I'm not sure if the judge allowed or dismissed this yet, the defense asked for a few hours to prepare to argue this since it had not come up anywhere previous in the trial, but the judge just said they would come back to it without allowing for a recess to prepare to argue it.

I've been watching a good bit of the trial, it is a total witch hunt. The judge seems to be going along with the hunt to some extent as well which is BS.

It might be my ignorance, but the Child Abuse thing doesn't make any sense to me. They are trying to argue Third Degree Murder based on child abuse as a possible lesser charge. When they went over the requirements they stated that child abuse was one of the requirements for the charge, but they are saying that the shooting was the abuse. So they are basically saying that he is guilty of 3rd degree murder, just because he shot him and he was a minor, regardless if it is self defense or not. I'm not sure if the judge allowed or dismissed this yet, the defense asked for a few hours to prepare to argue this since it had not come up anywhere previous in the trial, but the judge just said they would come back to it without allowing for a recess to prepare to argue it.

What is this? Perry Mason? How could they include that if it wasn't in the discovery?

What is this? Perry Mason? How could they include that if it wasn't in the discovery?

Dunno, the judge just read potential lesser charges off the state of FL webpage and said the defense knew that it could have been a possibility. It looks like she did not allow it go through, but is allowing the possibility of manslaughter even though the original charge was 2nd degree murder. I'm not sure why they can allow this now at the end of the trial if he was not charged with man slaughter to begin with. Closing arguments right now..

My father has been calling me every day to tell me to carry my AR-15 in the trunk with me in case sh!t gets real-and they start rioting....I tell him-if its in my trunk what good will it do!

My father has been calling me every day to tell me to carry my AR-15 in the trunk with me in case sh!t gets real-and they start rioting....I tell him-if its in my trunk what good will it do!

Then put it in the cabin. Kids these days, jeezzz :lol2:

I'm just happy to see Chris Farley is alive and well...

It's a shit show for the prosecution and local PD's are preparing for riots. Should be fun.

Did the news networks report the DoJ sent support for rallies after it broke?

I have only heard it when listening to conservative talk radio shows, nothing from the majority of the media. This has been a race inspired witch hunt from day one. I will be shocked if we don't see some LA style riots after Zimmerman is found not guilty.

I think the confirmation that Martin was on top of Zimmerman when he was shot sealed this case shut. You don't set out to murder someone by pulling them on top of you first.

Pretty ingenious way to get a felony murder instruction...felony child abuse. I still think Zimmerman was a dumb shit and instigated the whole thing and is culpable for the death.

What the fcuk is going on here?? CHILD ABUSE??!!

I watched that this morning and about shit myself... CHILD ABUSE??? The prosecution is a bunch of idiots.

I've said all along, the charge was mans-laughter. I hadnt really followed the case up until the last few days, but when I heard they had charged murder with no LIO, I thought theyd fucked up... Chris Farley let them fix that because the were going down in flames... I still think theres a shot at manslaughter but they really blew the whole enchilada right from the start.

Two things guys:

1) What makes everyone so sure Zimmerman will get out of this?

2) How do we know Martin is fully to blame? If Martin thought Zimmerman was some nut out to attack him, then couldn't his attack of Zimmerman have been self-defense? From what I understand, he tried to run away from Zimmerman and then Zimmerman chased after him.

Two things guys:

1) What makes everyone so sure Zimmerman will get out of this?

2) How do we know Martin is fully to blame? If Martin thought Zimmerman was some nut out to attack him, then couldn't his attack of Zimmerman have been self-defense? From what I understand, he tried to run away from Zimmerman and then Zimmerman chased after him.

As I understand it, even if you start the fight, self defense comes into play if you're getting your ass kicked. Had he shot him in the back, not self defense. If the kid was on top of him working on his own version of curb justice, it seems culpable.

It seems like the prosecution went for the moon and was hoping something lesser would stick... just so they look like they tried? The "With a gun" provisions in FL make that kinda fucked up. Even if he's convicted, lots of people more knowledgeable than myself on the subject think it will get thrown out in appellate court.

From the outside it sure looks like the judge is doing everything she can to keep the prosecution from looking like a bunch of fuckups, and helping their damage control.

Also makes me wonder how much the sequestered jury is aware of? (politics, and general bullshit surrounding this case by the media, public, etc) Could they find him guilty of something for their own self-preservation? If there are riots and shit from this, the whole jury will have to be in protective custody.

RD - Do your Roman thing here and set us straight.

As I understand it, even if you start the fight, self defense comes into play if you're getting your ass kicked. Had he shot him in the back, not self defense. If the kid was on top of him working on his own version of curb justice, it seems culpable.

It seems like the prosecution went for the moon and was hoping something lesser would stick... just so they look like they tried? The "With a gun" provisions in FL make that kinda fucked up. Even if he's convicted, lots of people more knowledgeable than myself on the subject think it will get thrown out in appellate court.

From the outside it sure looks like the judge is doing everything she can to keep the prosecution from looking like a bunch of fuckups, and helping their damage control.

Also makes me wonder how much the sequestered jury is aware of? (politics, and general bullshit surrounding this case by the media, public, etc) Could they find him guilty of something for their own self-preservation? If there are riots and shit from this, the whole jury will have to be in protective custody.

RD - Do your Roman thing here and set us straight.

Im gonna say hung jury.

I asked about Martin attacking Zimmerman in self-defense because I remember the defense making the argument that one does not have to wait until they are undergoing physical harm to defend themselves, but rather if they believe they are going to undergo harm that results in serious injury and/or death, they can defend themself.

what do you think the chances are for a retrial?

50/50

I asked about Martin attacking Zimmerman in self-defense because I remember the defense making the argument that one does not have to wait until they are undergoing physical harm to defend themselves, but rather if they believe they are going to undergo harm that results in serious injury and/or death, they can defend themself.

What happens when Martin goes from simply defending himself to beating the living shit out of Zimmerman? Witnesses place Martin on top of Zimmerman ground and pound MMA style, evidence shows grass on the back of Zimmerman's clothes, he had injuries consistent with Martin being on top of him, and the defense even had a martial arts expert basically state Zimmerman had zero physical ability to stop someone from beating the shit out of him. The defense has done more than enough to create doubt for the jurors, and the prosecution has done nothing but help the defense's case.

50/50

Come on, you know better than that Erik. The state attorney is an elected official, if there's a hung jury or a mistrial (which imo there's already grounds for), the Sao has no choice but to refile as fast as humanly possible in order to save their own necks.

I hate to say this, but if the media hadn't focused only on his last name and realized he was Hispanic in the first place it probably would not have made the national news in the first place. Hence the "white-hispanic" moniker they had to make up after they realized their collective fuckup.

What happens when Martin goes from simply defending himself to beating the living shit out of Zimmerman? Witnesses place Martin on top of Zimmerman ground and pound MMA style, evidence shows grass on the back of Zimmerman's clothes, he had injuries consistent with Martin being on top of him, and the defense even had a martial arts expert basically state Zimmerman had zero physical ability to stop someone from beating the shit out of him. The defense has done more than enough to create doubt for the jurors, and the prosecution has done nothing but help the defense's case.

Depends on the evidence I suppose. There have also been experts who stated that Zimmerman's injuries need not have been from getting his head slammed on the ground and that he might have just had his head hit the ground once from going down to the ground initially or when Martin punched him in the face. Zimmerman also has apparently given some conflicting statements on what happened, which makes things more confusing.