Martin/Zimmerman thread

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zimmerman should not have been following the kid or confronting him. But considering I have had endless problems with kids on my street, I have to call the cops every week and would love to kick their asses so bad i can taste it, I can't say I blame him for confronting the kid. He shoulda left the gun at home though. He fucked up.

I'm not shocked he's not been arrested. The cops need to do an investigation. They need a solid case if they want the change to stick, and from what I have read and seen, there's not a single eyewitness to the shooting. There's only two people who know exactly what happened. And one is dead. So that leaves the story of one person. I think the cops will take their sweet time, do a good investigation, and eventually Zimm will be charged with something. It might not be murder, but he will get charged with something. My guess is he will get a slap on the wrist manslaughter charge.

But considering I have had endless problems with kids on my street, I have to call the cops every week and would love to kick their asses so bad i can taste it, I can't say I blame him

:lol2: :lol2: :icon_thumleft:

One shot fired & it was a kill. Pretty close or he is one heck of a shot. Most can't hit the broad side of a building, especially in a stress situation. They should be able to tell what angle the bullet went in. It seems like the bullet would have an upward angle of entry, if Z was really on the ground shooting up, with M on top.

One thing on those saying that if it was Martin who had shot Zimmerman, that we all know he'd have been arrested, but isn't that speculation? Isn't there a possibility the cops would've treated Martin the same and not arrested him as well?

One thing on those saying that if it was Martin who had shot Zimmerman, that we all know he'd have been arrested, but isn't that speculation? Isn't there a possibility the cops would've treated Martin the same and not arrested him as well?

It is. It's a piss poor ASSumption.

Yes. And it's also possible that Jupiter could crash on top of Sarah Palin putting the world out of it's misery, but it's just as unlikely.

Yes. And it's also possible that Jupiter could crash on top of Sarah Palin putting the world out of it's misery, but it's just as unlikely.

Well, TECHNICALLY, it is NOT possible that Jupiter could crash into Sarah Palin when you think about it. For that to happen, you'd need a planet around the same size as Jupiter to crash into it and knock it towards the Earth, as Jupiter is thousands of times the size of the Earth :thefinger: I think it is still bad for us to make such assumptions regarding this case.

I was speaking to the specific cases where it is obvious there was an altercation and where the person that was killed was not in a place in which he should have been.

Which has absolutely no bearing on this case, as the victim had EVERY LEGAL RIGHT TO BE WHERE HE WAS... So, I'm missing your point.

In 99/100 cases where a person is SHOT and the shooter claims SELF DEFENSE, if the deceased is UNARMED, REGARDLESS OF THE OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES, THE SHOOTER IS GOING TO TRIAL... And they are very likely to be convicted, because juries understand that shooting an unarmed person is rarely justified.

Which has absolutely no bearing on this case, as the victim had EVERY LEGAL RIGHT TO BE WHERE HE WAS... So, I'm missing your point.

In 99/100 cases where a person is SHOT and the shooter claims SELF DEFENSE, if the deceased is UNARMED, REGARDLESS OF THE OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES, THE SHOOTER IS GOING TO TRIAL... And they are very likely to be convicted, because juries understand that shooting an unarmed person is rarely justified.

:iamwithstupid: And I would imagine even harder to believe it was justified when a man is doing the shooting.

Another angle:

According to what I have heard Zimmerman was arrested for assaulting an officer, but his record was expunged after completion of some sort of anger management course.

As his father is a retired judge I wonder if there has been special consideration granted. Afterall supposedly the chief of police and the DA were at the scene the night of the incident....if so why?? What role did they and/or his father play in avoiding arrest?? :eusa_think:

As his father is a retired judge I wonder if there has been special consideration granted. Afterall supposedly the chief of police and the DA were at the scene the night of the incident....if so why?? What role did they and/or his father play in avoiding arrest?? :eusa_think:

Uh... I just had an "aha" moment.

I hadnt heard any of that....... But it definitely makes me wonder.... Was he a LOCAL judge? Did he work with these police/DAs?

Yet ironically in the month since this "crime" has taken place, dozens if not hundreds of blacks have been killed across the country by other blacks in gang related violence. Where's the outrage?

Excuse me when I say the amount of fucks I give is at an absolute zero on what the outcome of this is either way.

That kind of argument is only going to muddy the waters. Black on black crime is a totally separate issue with a myriad of causes. We should all be concerned about what occurred and what the outcome is. Discarding the racial angle of this incident, the central issue here is really about what the parameters of "reasonable" self defense are, i.e. the rules of engagement. This is especially important to gun carrying members of this forum as the issues surrounding this case could have an enormous impact on them going forward. As RomanDad said earlier, even when TOTALLY justified a fatal shooting can have long lasting effects for the gun owner. The scrutiny involved can deleterious to their legal standing, careers, family life , public life and finances.

The full police report in PDF. http://mit.zenfs.com/102/2012/04/69081607-29132322.pdf

The first officer to respond: "While I was in such close contact with Zimmerman, I could observe that his back appeared to be wet and was covered in grass, as if he had been laying on his back on the ground. Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and back of his head."

"Zimmerman was placed in the rear of my police vehicle and was given first aid by the SFD. While the SF was attending to Zimmerman, I overheard him state, 'I was yelling for someone to help me, but no one would help me.' At no point did I question Zimmerman about the incident that had taken place."

Yeah this partial police report and the new photo of Zimmerman's head wound would seem to indicate that these armchair judges and juries didn't have all the facts.

Jesse Jackson indignantly claimed that the Sanford PD didn't even bother to use crime scene tape after they determined Martin was DOA when they absolutely did...

Eric, it was simply a response to D.Wiggs. He said that when Zimmerman admitted that he shot Trayzon that should have been enough to arrest him and let the courts decide whether it was justified. That was my response because they do not arrest everyone who is involved in a homicide as they can determine whether it was justified before hand if the evidence is present.

Was in no way commenting on this particular case. Hope that makes sense.

Best

My honest belief, and this is just a guess backed by absolutely no experience in law and criminal justice, is that they will throw a shitty little charge at him with a shitty case, and he will get off all charges, in an effort to quell the mobs and their bullshit marches.

I'm not sure what to make of this stunt by his attorneys yesterday. RD, what the hell?

Attorneys are ADVISERS... If you're not going to listen to my advice, I CANT HELP YOU... And Im nopt going to expose my malpractice carrier to a lawsuit for ineffective counsel when your ass is getting stretched up state. I'm going to quit, and let the world know I dont represent you any more.

I see a pattern emerging.

He talked to the Prosecutor against their advice.... They quit.... He got charged the next day...

He got into this mess because he didn't listen to the police when they advised him to go home...

He needs to start listening to people who are giving him good advice.... Or the next good advise hes going to get is "Dont drop the soap in the shower..."

(BTW, My gut tells me Manslaughter)

Attorneys are ADVISERS... If you're not going to listen to my advice, I CANT HELP YOU... And Im nopt going to expose my malpractice carrier to a lawsuit for ineffective counsel when your ass is getting stretched up state. I'm going to quit, and let the world know I dont represent you any more.

I see a pattern emerging.

He talked to the Prosecutor against their advice.... They quit.... He got charged the next day...

He got into this mess because he didn't listen to the police when they advised him to go home...

He needs to start listening to people who are giving him good advice.... Or the next good advise hes going to get is "Dont drop the soap in the shower..."

(BTW, My gut tells me Manslaughter)

Makes sense. Next question, wouldn't Zimmerman have been wise to flee like hell to a country with no extradition at this point? What is to stop him? He's a free-and-clear citizen at the moment.

Makes sense. Next question, wouldn't Zimmerman have been wise to flee like hell to a country with no extradition at this point? What is to stop him? He's a free-and-clear citizen at the moment.

fleeing the country and starting a new life is not a cheap scheme. I suspect Zimmerman doesn't have the means at such short notice if he wanted to.

fleeing the country and starting a new life is not a cheap scheme. I suspect Zimmerman doesn't have the means at such short notice if he wanted to.

Yeah, maybe not. If I knew I might be charged with murder and I was given a legal window in which to flee, I can't imagine not doing so. I'd rather be temporarily homeless in Rio than have a concrete and steel home run by the State of Florida for the rest of my life.

Yeah, maybe not. If I knew I might be charged with murder and I was given a legal window in which to flee, I can't imagine not doing so. I'd rather be temporarily homeless in Rio than have a concrete and steel home run by the State of Florida for the rest of my life.

I'm not so sure about that, probably better to cop a plea and spend time in a min-security prison in Florida than be free and clear in Rio.