12 die at Batman Movie :(

SV-N-IT

For anyone thinking about the vest, look up stories from people who have been shot with a vest on. They often say things like "it knocked the wind out of me" or "it knocked me over." Being shot doesn't feel good at any time, even with a vest. Also, are you going to ignore the guy shooting back and keep murdering innocent people? Probably not. At the very least, it interrupts the active shooter and gives people a chance to get out and survive.

Like I said. The cc shooter would have needed a larger caliber with stopping power, not a 22 pistol or something. I guess the cc could have drawn the psychos fire but you'd have to have balls of titanium to do that. What distance do you think the cc shooter would need to hit the psycho and have acceptable risk of not hitting innocents?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this blog post below and I couldn't agree more

What the fcuk is going on in this stupid country? A dozen plus people were brutally murdered while watching a fcuking movie, by some asshole with an ax to grind.

There is a reason why I disallow my children from watching network tv or anything coming out of Hollywood. I don’t want them being part of the “social fabric.” Even the PG rated movies are filled with degeneracy, promoting sex, drugs and gratuitous violence. I cannot turn on the radio without some idiotic rap song identifying women as “bitches and hoes”, while promoting codeine pills and cocaine.

The social fabric of this country is being methodically unraveled, by the fcuking pedophiles who work in the media. Most kids today have absentee parents and/or broken homes because Dad or Mom is too busy fcuking the mailman. The parents split and the kids are raised by Warner Brothers and Saturday Night Live. Everything is a fcuking joke until 12 people are shot dead inside of a movie theatre. This is heart wrenching and my deepest sympathies go out to the families who lost loved ones.

Politicians will blame guns for this massacre; but we all know who is to blame. It’s the lack of respect and honor amongst people that leads to such senseless crimes. Nothing is sacred anymore, not even children. When you stop caring about the well-being of children, sentencing convicted pedophiles to serve less time in prison than a drug dealer or a shop-lifter, there is nothing left saving in society.

I cannot speak for other countries. But I can tell you this, with 100% certainty: America is filled with rot, from the top down, and is in desperate need of a hard reset.

Not so sure about going to see that movie tonight. I'm hoping the higher end movie theater runs less risk.

How many of you want to discuss leaving guns in your cars?

Like I said. The cc shooter would have needed a larger caliber with stopping power, not a 22 pistol or something. I guess the cc could have drawn the psychos fire but you'd have to have balls of titanium to do that. What distance do you think the cc shooter would need to hit the psycho and have acceptable risk of not hitting innocents?

There is always a clear risk of hitting innocent people in a public place. The difficult task in a situation like this is to weigh the options and make the right call. I'm sure it's not easy and we're all just armchair quarterbacks for the purpose of this thread. However, with my Glock 23 (40S&W) with night sights, I feel confident that I could have hit the bastard at least once or twice out of the thirteen high velocity hollow points that I'd have to work with. Sure, you don't want to confront an active shooter, but many of these people were basically cornered. He walked up the aisle, passing some rows, shooting at others. Especially if I were in a "non-shoot" row and I had a gun, I'd have opened up on him after he passed me.

I'm not advocating any illegal activity here but my friend's grandfather used to say that he'd rather "be tried by twelve than carried by six" -- these sorts of incidents certainly make you think about that.

Hair painted red. Told police he is the joker.

Obviously confused. Flak jacket and gas mask was Bane.

Not so sure about going to see that movie tonight. I'm hoping the higher end movie theater runs less risk.

Higher end movie theaters? How much does a ticket there cost?

disgusting. this guy needs to be taken out via firing squad.

sad for the state of colorado and the people that live there...columbine high school is only about 15 miles away from the theatre.

A no firearms policy in a theater or stadium that holds massive numbers of people? Well hell, that just says to criminals or terrorists, "No one will be armed, therefore you will have free reign to kill people without worry of getting shot." I'd imagine the theaters and stadiums are just concerned that they'd get sued over something like this shooter for allowing people to legally take guns inside (of course it doesn't occur to the people suing that a criminal intent on shooting people isn't going to give a damn about a no-gun policy). A no-gun policy only works if you have some kind of system in place to screen everyone entering to make sure no one is carrying.

They are reporting now he was armed with a AR-15, Remington H-70 shotgun, and a Glock-40. He was wearing a ballistic helmet, tactical ballistic vest, ballistic leggings, groin protector, throat protector, and gas mask :o :o

Higher end movie theaters? How much does a ticket there cost?

you can spend over $150 at ipic theater for VIP seats and food.

but either way i guess you never know.

Do you guys really think there are now going to be tons of murderers lining up to see this movie? I very seriously doubt it, go watch you movie and enjoy it. If you are that scared just bring you C&C with you.

I think people like this need to be publicly executed.

I think they should be tied up in a room and let the victims' family members kill him armed only with sporks.

I think they should be tied up in a room and let the victims' family members kill him armed only with sporks.

Make that hot metal sporks and we have a deal.

A friend of mine is there (unrelated business) and said he has never seen so many trucks, news, police and overall commotion.

One thing I think people are underestimating is the force of a bullet. Maybe not a. 22 but most CC weapons pack enough punch to stun an average individual with bullet proof attire. It may not kill the protected attacker, but will be enough to distract him and save lives. It would take steel balls of enormous size to engage someone in that situation, but if you are cornered it could be your best bet.

I am curious as to where Holmes got his protective gear.

I am also curious as to how and why Holmes' Mother was not surprised, immediately thought of her son as having involvement upon hearing of the incident, and said the police have the right man. If she had any notion that her son was capable of such an act, she had the moral obligation to ensure that he got help and/or notify authorities.

I agree that this kid deserves a very public and very painful, preferably slow death.

RIP to those who lost their lives and hopefully a full, speedy recovery to those injured.

A friend of mine is there (unrelated business) and said he has never seen so many trucks, news, police and overall commotion.

One thing I think people are underestimating is the force of a bullet. Maybe not a. 22 but most CC weapons pack enough punch to stun an average individual with bullet proof attire. It may not kill the protected attacker, but will be enough to distract him and save lives. It would take steel balls of enormous size to engage someone in that situation, but if you are cornered it could be your best bet.

I am curious as to where Holmes got his protective gear.

I am also curious as to how and why Holmes' Mother was not surprised, immediately thought of her son as having involvement upon hearing of the incident, and said the police have the right man. If she had any notion that her son was capable of such an act, she had the moral obligation to ensure that he got help and/or notify authorities.

I agree that this kid deserves a very public and very painful, preferably slow death.

RIP to those who lost their lives and hopefully a full, speedy recovery to those injured.

This guy was geared up (and adrenalined up) to the point that anything short of a high power rifle wouldnt phase him....

His gear was GOOD.... That gas mask is NO "Cheaper than Dirt Special"....

These assholes with a fcuking look at me by any means attitude. Just kill yourselves f you think life sucks, stop taking others with you!

This guy was geared up (and adrenalined up) to the point that anything short of a high power rifle wouldnt phase him....

His gear was GOOD.... That gas mask is NO "Cheaper than Dirt Special"....

I know his protective gear was good, really good, which is why I commented wondering how he got it. He had full protection, chest, head, groin, leg, and throat too. Whoever sold the gear to him is going to face the max for whatever charges the DA can pile on.

Knowing his gear was good, you don't think a common pistol 9mm, .45, 357, etc., would have any impact on the shooter's ability to continue to attack? I guess I am just surprised to hear that it wouldn't phase him, as I've seen pictures of the people who have been shot with vests on, and the bruising is massive. To cause that kind of bruising indicates the body suffered an incredible impact, one that would seemingly stun and/or prevent someone from continuing to attack.

I can't wait for the impending mental illness defense of this POS. Regardless from which mental illness he does (or will allegedly) suffer, there can be no doubt he methodically, planned and implemented a heinous premeditated crime.

When taken in its totality: the tactical gear, multiple weapons, high-capacity magazines, tear gas, high casualty potential target, booby-trapped apartment, etc, no mental illness can explain the fact that this is one evil M-F'er.

Call me uncivilized, but individuals indisputably caught in the act of such an evil, premeditated crime, should be made an example and treated to death by torture. Whether home grown or foreign, be they politically, religiously, or personally motivated. This to give others, similarly equipped to consider such an act, some moment of pause that weighs more heavily than the potential for infamy and life in prison (or a quick and painless death).

I know his protective gear was good, really good, which is why I commented wondering how he got it. He had full protection, chest, head, groin, leg, and throat too. Whoever sold the gear to him is going to face the max for whatever charges the DA can pile on.

Knowing his gear was good, you don't think a common pistol 9mm, .45, 357, etc., would have any impact on the shooter's ability to continue to attack? I guess I am just surprised to hear that it wouldn't phase him as I've seen pictures of the people who have been shot with vests on, and the bruising is massive. To cause that kind of bruising indicates the body suffered an incredible impact, one that would seemingly stun/distract and/or prevent someone from continuing to attack.

I'm unfamiliar with the laws in this sector, but is there a requirement for the retailer to investigate anyone wanting to purchase gear like that? I can see it being a little unusual, but don't really know what grounds anyone would have to question the purchase.

Is there a quality of gear that is LEO specific and requires credentials to purchase? Does this fit that bill?

In regard to stunning him via shots to the vest. I have to imagine he was so wound up on adrenaline and crazy nothing short of a devastating round would have amounted to more than a momentary pause.

It's a shame that when he was out of ammo, nobody just went down there killed him on the spot just to save us the trouble and expense of trial + housing this animal for the rest of his life.

I know next to nothing about gas masks, but the typical one isn't designed to stop a bullet is it? The guy came in through an exit door down front, and apparently opened fire from up front while facing the seated patrons. If someone with a pistol had been relatively close, they might have had a good shot at his face (through the mask) without endangering anyone else, although the instinct would have been to shoot center mass. Either way I agree it would have taken brass balls to overcome the initial shock and engage the guy.