New year, new plans..

Kisco

Kevin says he has to finish your car this week before testing mine with upgrades... :rolleyes:

Man, what a jerk that Kevin guy is... :icon_mrgreen:

I hope you enjoy the car and I will sure be looking for results from you.

Much appreciated, man. I will be sure to make a complete write up that includes my experience with UGR, videos, vehicle's performance/drivability, and VBOX times. :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much appreciated, man. I will be sure to make a complete write up that includes my experience with UGR, videos, vehicle's performance/drivability, and VBOX times. :icon_thumleft:

Given your history (with your orange TTG), I'm REALLY looking forward to your review .......

Of course, it won't be a very long review .... Since it will happen in LESS THAN 4.5 seconds ....

I will test it Monday when KC gets back. I wouldnt let those #s out until you take care of those races you have lined up. :eusa_shhh:

60 - 130 mph under 4.5 seconds ... ALL day, every day

.... Since it will happen in LESS THAN 4.5 seconds ....

:eusa_think: :eusa_think: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

wooosh...you're good! That's all I am going to say for now. More to come soon.. :icon_thumleft:

Did you ever get some vbox figures on yours?

What about weights? I thought I recall reading somewhere that yours was then lightest TT I've yet to find.

I did.. On pump gas I had a best of 5.4 60-130... and on 100 I did 4.8 spinning on 20s. Wish I tried when I got the R888s on 19s.. My cars weight was in the 3400lb area.. dont remember exactly but 3400 and change.

My car weighed in at 3520 with 1/4 tank of gas before the turbos. When I get it back I will put it on the same exact scale and get the numbers.

Lambofan35, IIRC, Allan's car went 60-130 in 4.8 secs with Jason Heffner behind the wheel on a level surface at a runway event. But it was on a hot day and a non dedicated 60-130 run. Allan can confirm.

duhawks, I know for the LP560 the stock exhaust is about 60 lbs. Assuming the worst and the turbo system adds a 100 lbs, the car should only be 40 lbs heavier than stock.

Yes, Heffner went 4.65 on a 100 degree day in Miami on a non dedicated run..

That is moving!!! I think you have a 3.9 in you....

Down wind, 2% decline, no passenger, 1/8th tank of race gas....

Quick update....

So Kevin went out and got me some VBOX numbers on race gas the other day. The car went WAY faster than I would have ever expected. He sends me a text with the following pic:

VBOX_zpsa51ff0bf.jpg

And to make matters even more impressive, his next text was "uphill", followed by "with a passenger".. :shock:

At this point I am so excited and I want the car back.......until this morning when I had a little chat with my wife who can sometimes be the devil (which is why she is a keeper)

My wife: "So, if you are so set on building the car, why not build it now and save the $2,000 shipping costs later to build it"

Me: "well, I don't want to spend all that much in one hit, I think it's smart to replenish some cash first and build it later."

My wife: "what's so smart about wasting $2,000 on shipping later if you are set on eventually building it?"

Me:" :eusa_think: :eusa_think: "

So I called Kevin, told him my wife is crazy and wants me to spend all my money, and here we are now....undergoing a stage 3 build!

I want to thank Kevin for giving me a superb experience thus far. I am going to be very honest and say excellent service was to be expected from UGR. After all, they would not be where they are today if they did not practice that, so I am not surprised there, but what's surprising to me is that despite the fact that Kevin has 100+ cars in the shop, he always gets back to all my e-mails and texts within the hour, sometimes minutes. That I was not expecting. So Kevin, keep it up please...:lol2:

So, the excitement commences ALL over again...........and the wait continues.

Lastly, I want to thank god for blessing me in the ability to make such a purchase. I also want to thank my wife for being as crazy as I am given that I honestly did not have ANY intentions of building the car anytime soon.

More updates to come soon... :icon_thumleft:

Your wife...buy her something nice STAT! Or find out who her boyfriend is and thank him.... ;)

Seriously awesome news. Can't wait to see the new final results!

Congrats man you derserve it!!!

I am pretty sure you will not be the slowest car on the road.....

Thanks bro. Looking forward to meeting up at Chicago.

Your wife...buy her something nice STAT! Or find out who her boyfriend is and thank him.... ;)

Seriously awesome news. Can't wait to see the new final results!

Haha, ya, the wife will be rewarded shortly....=)

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words.

My wife: "So, if you are so set on building the car, why not build it now and save the $2,000 shipping costs later to build it"

Me: "well, I don't want to spend all that much in one hit, I think it's smart to replenish some cash first and build it later."

My wife: "what's so smart about wasting $2,000 on shipping later if you are set on eventually building it?"

Me:" :eusa_think: :eusa_think: "

So I called Kevin, told him my wife is crazy and wants me to spend all my money, and here we are now....undergoing a stage 3 build!

congrats! but this wife stuff is such bullshit! my conversation with my wife went like this:

My wife: So, your lamborghini is still in the shop for that fuel pump recall?

Me: Uh, yeah. Well, yeah but some other stuff too.

Wife: Was there really a recall?

Me: Oh yes.

Wife: Where's the car?

Me: North Carolina

Wife: What's wrong with Lamborghini Houston

Me: Long wait time.

Me: Peter's car is there too.

Wife: You got some mail today.

Me: Oh, can I see it.

Wife: Yeah. I wanted to ask you about this wire transfer.

Me: Shit.

congrats! but this wife stuff is such bullshit! my conversation with my wife went like this:

Haha. I am sooo with you, Joe!!

Here I thought I would be in trouble if I even mentioned it and here she is calling me a dummy for not doing it now in one shot. What a woman!!

And talking about Peter, what does he have up his sleeve? Oh Peeeeeter......????

HAHAHHAHA!!

Good stuff. Glad the car runs the way you wanted it to! So much for saving the numbers until after a couple of races, lol.

Did your wife really know how much the upgrade was from this point to a stage 3 or did she just know that it was going to cost you $2K more and she thought she was doing the smart move, lol.

If I was Kevin, I would love the money for the job but I'd be thinking in the back of my mind "I told him so, should have done this in the beginning. They always come back for more......... (evil laugh) baaahaaaa!!!!!"

I mean come on, no one says they want to have just a so-so fast twin turbo UGR lamborghini, they want to have the fastest, just in case they run into another UGR lamborghini, they know they can hang.

Good stuff. Glad the car runs the way you wanted it to! So much for saving the numbers until after a couple of races, lol.

Did your wife really know how much the upgrade was from this point to a stage 3 or did she just know that it was going to cost you $2K more and she thought she was doing the smart move, lol.

If I was Kevin, I would love the money for the job but I'd be thinking in the back of my mind "I told him so, should have done this in the beginning. They always come back for more......... (evil laugh) baaahaaaa!!!!!"

I mean come on, no one says they want to have just a so-so fast twin turbo UGR lamborghini, they want to have the fastest, just in case they run into another UGR lamborghini, they know they can hang.

Ok, you are onto something......she knows it's an upgrade, but as far as the price difference?? No, she doesn't know..not exactly. What's the lesson to be learned here??

Get the mail before the wife does!! :lol2:

Ok, you are onto something......she knows it's an upgrade, but as far as the price difference?? No, she doesn't know..not exactly. What's the lesson to be learned here??

Get the mail before the wife does!! :lol2:

I knew there had to be more than that to that short little story, lmao. Thats awesome! Your blessed to be in this position, congrats. Most "normal people" can't justify that kind of money on upgrades into a car let alone most wifes. She sounds like a good woman to give you her blessing.

Wow, didn't read this thread for a couple of days and all kinds of things start popping. Good things. :icon_thumleft: That's awesome Fadi--you would have loved the bolt-on, but you'll really love the stage 3!! Congrats man!

Stage 3 huh? so is that just a built motor added to your package?

Umm..I believe so. But Kevin would be the better person to answer that.

Wow, didn't read this thread for a couple of days and all kinds of things start popping. Good things. :icon_thumleft: That's awesome Fadi--you would have loved the bolt-on, but you'll really love the stage 3!! Congrats man!

Thanks a lot, Ronnie! Only down fall is more time w/o my car, but I am sure it will be well worth it when I do get it back.

Small random checks are harder to track :icon_mrgreen:

upgrade the transmission while your at it, at least do the drop down gears, they will hold for a while but will eventually give out at 1000-1250 WHP.....

Holy cow, bolt-on to Stage 3?!...isn't that like another $60K+ in extra toppings added?...damn!

btw, isn't an R-build just another $15K or so more than a Stage 3?...you know, it's like throwing a few more extra pepperonis onto that extra-large pizza... :icon_mrgreen:

upgrade the transmission while your at it, at least do the drop down gears, they will hold for a while but will eventually give out at 1000-1250 WHP.....

According to Kevin, out of the god knows how many stage IIIs he has done, only 1 car had it's tranny break. I guess I'll take my chances.

Holy cow, bolt-on to Stage 3?!...isn't that like another $60K+ in extra toppings added?...damn!

btw, isn't an R-build just another $15K or so more than a Stage 3?...you know, it's like throwing a few more extra pepperonis onto that extra-large pizza... :icon_mrgreen:

An R build? IMO there is such thing as too much power and an R build is just that. :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats Fadi, I am sure you will be much happier with the full stage 3!

Thanks Aaron. Ya, I think so to. It will be nice to know the car will will knock off a mid-low 4 sec 60-130 while cruising on everyday 93 pump gas. This is the primary reason I decided to make the jump. The added reliability is a nice bonus as well..=)

Lambofan's car is at UGR right now due to broken trans....

According to Kevin, out of the god knows how many stage IIIs he has done, only 1 car had it's tranny break. I guess I'll take my chances.

An R build? IMO there is such thing as too much power and an R build is just that. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks Aaron. Ya, I think so to. It will be nice to know the car will will knock off a mid-low 4 sec 60-130 while cruising on everyday 93 pump gas. This is the primary reason I decided to make the jump. The added reliability is a nice bonus as well..=)