Something horrible has happened at the boston marathon

Roman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the cowboy hat man was not holding a femoral artery. he was holding a tourniquet.

No shit Einstein. When the people in this thread referred to him "holding" the artery, it was in reference to a tourniquet preventing a bleed out from the artery.

the cowboy hat man was not holding a femoral artery. he was holding a tourniquet.

No shit Einstein. When the people in this thread referred to him "holding" the artery, it was in reference to a tourniquet preventing a bleed out from the artery.

You-never-go-full-retard.jpg

No... Actually... I thought he was actually pinching his fem Artery, as the leg had been "de-Gloved" and it was exposed... I couldnt tell it was surgical tubing until the other angle.... They both look pretty similar when theyre covered in blood.

This is sickening, my thoughts go out to all the victims, absolutely horrible, some of the images were really shocking, ruined my day.

No... Actually... I thought he was actually pinching his fem Artery, as the leg had been "de-Gloved" and it was exposed... I couldnt tell it was surgical tubing until the other angle.... They both look pretty similar when theyre covered in blood.

ANY tourniquet, shirt, shoelace, anything is better than holding the artery. The femoral artey has a tensile strength of about 7.5 MPa, as a comparison nylon has a tensile strength of about 45 MPa. Running alongside holding the artery is a bad idea, one bump and you'll yank it out

This is a total outrage - such a soft target..

No punishment should be considered too barbaric, too extreme or too inhumane when dealing with the perpetrators of these crimes.

Im telling you... Gunpowder and a pipe... That was my first guess, and Im sticking to it.

Yeah, it was crude. That was the first thought that crossed my mind when it went off. If you have seen a convoy struck by an IED, well, it looked and sounded exactly like that. I was terrified because my mother and girlfriend were supposed to be near the finish line, but at mile 15 I told them to meet me in Copley at Starbucks.

Has the news mentioned the third explosion? BFD spotted smoke coming from a region and hit it with the water cannons. Without knowing what was going on everyone heard a third explosion-it could be felt on the 38th floor of the Copley Marriot.

After the BFD used a water cannon on what is believed to be the third device, they shut down cell cervice to the whole town....the trigger method of choice for you know who...

The eight year old who died, his sister lost her legs, his mother had brain surgery last night. The five year old brother was fine....they were watching their father finish.

At the moment it is estimated 30+ people have lost from below their knees.

After the BFD used a water cannon on what is believed to be the third device, they shut down cell cervice to the whole town....the trigger method of choice for you know who...

Just an FYI but Sprint and Verizon have both come and out said that their towers were simply overwhelmed by the demand and NOT shut down by Government request/order.

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/Officia...ml#.UW070qLU8xs

"Verizon Wireless has not been asked by any government agency to turn down its wireless service," a spokesman for that company told CNN. "Any reports to that effect are inaccurate."

In other media reports, Sprint similarly denied being asked to shut down service.

I think an awful lot of people would have serious issues with the government shutting down cell service in light of an attack but that discussion is for a different thread.

Just an FYI but Sprint and Verizon have both come and out said that their towers were simply overwhelmed by the demand and NOT shut down by Government request/order.

I think an awful lot of people would have serious issues with the government shutting down cell service in light of an attack but that discussion is for a different thread.

I would have NO problem with the Gov shutting down cell phone towers if they have strong intel that the bombs are being activated from phones. Could save thousands of lives.

That's just me though.

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/Officia...ml#.UW070qLU8xs

After the third explosion, our phones went from 5 bars to no signal. Once we were about 1.5 miles outside of the zone we had 1 bar worth of signal again, when we were about three miles away we had two bars with impacted service due to the sheer volume of calls trying to go through.

Just because Verizon, Sprint, ATT etc did not shut down the network, doesn't mean cell service wasn't impeded by other means.

I would have NO problem with the Gov shutting down cell phone towers if they have strong intel that the bombs are being activated from phones. Could save thousands of lives.

That's just me though.

I would. We can discuss in another thread.

After the third explosion, our phones went from 5 bars to no signal. Once we were about 1.5 miles outside of the zone we had 1 bar worth of signal again, when we were about three miles away we had two bars with impacted service due to the sheer volume of calls trying to go through.

Just because Verizon, Sprint, ATT etc did not shut down the network, doesn't mean cell service wasn't impeded by other means.

True and a good point. Government could have done it anyway without asking or numerous other reasons. At this time the official word is it wasn't requested and it didn't initiate at the carrier level.

Yeah, it was crude. That was the first thought that crossed my mind when it went off. If you have seen a convoy struck by an IED, well, it looked and sounded exactly like that. I was terrified because my mother and girlfriend were supposed to be near the finish line, but at mile 15 I told them to meet me in Copley at Starbucks.

Has the news mentioned the third explosion? BFD spotted smoke coming from a region and hit it with the water cannons. Without knowing what was going on everyone heard a third explosion-it could be felt on the 38th floor of the Copley Marriot.

The eight year old who died, his sister lost her legs, his mother had brain surgery last night. The five year old brother was fine....they were watching their father finish.

At the moment it is estimated 30+ people have lost from below their knees.

I havent heard of a third "explosion"... There was the incident at the JFK presidential library... But ::THINK::: That turned out to be unrelated... I have heard 4 devices total, two recovered undetonated.

I followed this all night (our time) and I was sickened by this disugsting act, I really sometimes just want to do a Leauge of Shadows on Planet Earth and just start allover again, it is turning to a shithole of a planet where "humans" can do this against innocent people :(

Such a sad sad day...

No punishment should be considered too barbaric, too extreme or too inhumane when dealing with the perpetrators of these crimes.

:iamwithstupid:

My thoughts and prayers are with the city of Boston. Very sad. I am glad my son is still young enough to where I don't have to try to explain this tragic event. I wish we punished those guilty of these crimes in such a horrific way that it would send a message that our civilized society can and will bring wicked pain to the wicked. And put child molesters in the same category of punishment.

These crimes on the innocent fill me with rage, but my rage is only towards those guilty of the crimes. As others have noted, we must be mindful that people being of the same race, religion and/or nationality does not make them anything like these evil criminal(s).

I followed this all night (our time) and I was sickened by this disugsting act, I really sometimes just want to do a Leauge of Shadows on Planet Earth and just start allover again, it is turning to a shithole of a planet where "humans" can do this against innocent people :(

Such a sad sad day...

The ones that do the cowardice acts are far less than the ones that run in to help.

I have heard 4 devices total, two recovered undetonated.

Which they just denied during the latest news conference. Two devices only.

This is a total outrage - such a soft target..

That's the whole "idea" behind terrorism. Hit where it will make the most impact and "terrorize" the masses.

fcuking animals

I would assume the mailbox would have had to be moved back though if that was the case or else some of the event staff in yellow that were close tothe sidewalk would have been injured. No? All the debris and paper would make it seem like it did come from the trashcan or postal bin.