The 2013 Obama Scandal omnibus thread- Benghazi, IRS, AP, EPA, Congressional cloak room

Assman

Bye-bye Eric Holder! :eusa_clap:

Eric Holder to Step Down as Attorney General

Now who will replace him? That's another question...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that last night. I am not 100% sure whether I think they jacked it up royally or they looked at the threat and decided he wasn't a real threat and didn't want to deal with shooting someone on the White House grounds.

It is a weird story for sure and is more than likely to make people think that if he could reach the White House they could reach the Oval Office.

100% JACKED IT UP ROYALLY

http://news.yahoo.com/why-the-secret-servi...-160933257.html

This article says they did not shoot him because Owebama was not there and this guy did not appear to be a threat. Either way, he still should never have reached the front door. Not only did he get there, he got inside. That's a first that I know of and in today's climate is 100% failure by security top to bottom. I understand it's not uncommon for people to jump the fence. But they are normally quickly taken down. Somehow this guy was able to dash all the way to the front door and run inside with no resistance.

The dude made it fcuking FAR!

Omar Gonzalez, a 42-year-old Iraq war veteran who had a knife in his pocket, overcame one Secret Service officer and ran into the East Room of the White House, where he was then tackled, Chaffetz said.

Secret Service officials had previously told reporters that Gonzalez was stopped after entering the front door of the North Portico.

Gonzalez ran through much of the main floor, past a stairway that leads up to the first family's residence, and was ultimately stopped at the far southern end of the East Room. He also reached the doorway to the Green Room, an area that looks out on the South Lawn.

HOLY SHIT!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/29/politics/wh-....html?hpt=hp_t1

So the Secret Service messed up again? Maybe we should get the Queen's Guards from the U.K. to guard the White House? I'll bet you wouldn't be able to charge into Buckingham Palace without them getting you. They are actual infantry soldiers.

So the Secret Service messed up again? Maybe we should get the Queen's Guards from the U.K. to guard the White House? I'll bet you wouldn't be able to charge into Buckingham Palace without them getting you. They are actual infantry soldiers.

It gets worse (emphasis mine)!!!

An agency official confirmed the incident to CNN in which a security contractor operating an elevator at the CDC was carrying a gun in the presence of Obama and his Secret Service detail. The contractor was taking pictures of the President and otherwise behaving in an unprofessional manner, the official said. When the security worker was confronted about his behavior, it was revealed that he was armed.

According to Secret Service protocols, it is up to the agency to decide who is allowed to possess firearms in the presence of the President. The agency official said that the elevator operator was determined not to be a threat to Obama after he was interviewed by officers.

I can't stand the man and I think his politics have set America back and have negatively affected the world for a generation to come but DAMN IT CAN WE PLEASE fcuking PROTECT HIM LIKE WE ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING??????

The more I think about this the more shocked I am. I mean the PSC was supposed to be in the hospital with a gun....SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. SS should have had no problem identifying him and knowing that HE WOULD BE THERE AND WOULD BE THERE WITH A GUN. They should have known this before they rolled up and probably a few days before hand. They should have been able to address it at that time however they would have chosen to deal with it (we know he is here and keep an eye on him, we kick all PSCs off the floor we are currently on, all PSCs give up their guns while we are here....whatever). They DIDNT KNOW HE WAS THERE WITH A GUN UNTIL AFTER HE STARTED ACTING LIKE A DOUCE??????? I mean HOLY CRAP. Mr. President look over there...look over here...LOOK OVER HERE. SMILE SMILE SMILE FOR THE FLASH AND SHIT I PULLED MY GLOCK OUT.

WTF?

A senator lived in my house at one time, and her dad was politician...Alf Landon...He ran for president against FDR. Back in the day secret service was at my house when they were. I have heard stories from people that the secret service would pick up KIDS who were just walking by the property. How times have changed.

This guy who was in the presence of Obama with a gun also had a felony on his record (!!!). So a guy with a felony and a gun was in the presence of the President and the SS wasn't even aware of it until the last second.

• 2 weeks later...
Link or it didn't happen. :icon_mrgreen:

No links I can provide, I just get a page saying that my user privileges have been revoked. It is my fault though, as I violated their rules. I went to the Terms of Service to see what I was doing wrong, well take a look at their Terms of Service!

Don't be a wingnut (right-wing or extreme-fringe).

Democratic Underground is an online community for politically liberal people who understand the importance of working within the system to elect more Democrats and fewer Republicans to all levels of political office. Teabaggers, Neo-cons, Dittoheads, Paulites, Freepers, Birthers, and right-wingers in general are not welcome here. (OOPS!) Neither are certain extreme-fringe left-wingers, including advocates of violent political/social change, hard-line communists, terrorist-apologists, America-haters, kooks, crackpots, LaRouchies, and the like.

Vote for Democrats.

Winning elections is important — therefore, advocating in favor of Republican nominees or in favor of third-party spoiler candidates that could split the vote and throw an election to our conservative opponents is never permitted on Democratic Underground. But that does not mean that DU members are required to always be completely supportive of Democrats. During the ups-and-downs of politics and policy-making, it is perfectly normal to have mixed feelings about the Democratic officials we worked hard to help elect. When we are not in the heat of election season, members are permitted to post strong criticism or disappointment with our Democratic elected officials, or to express ambivalence about voting for them. In Democratic primaries, members may support whomever they choose. But when general election season begins, DU members must support Democratic nominees (EXCEPT in rare cases where were a non-Democrat is most likely to defeat the conservative alternative, or where there is no possibility of splitting the liberal vote and inadvertently throwing the election to the conservative alternative). For presidential contests, election season begins when both major-party nominees become clear. For non-presidential contests, election season begins on Labor Day. Everyone here on DU needs to work together to elect more Democrats and fewer Republicans to all levels of American government. If you are bashing, trashing, undermining, or depressing turnout for our candidates during election season, we'll assume you are rooting for the other side.

~~~~http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=termsofservice

Well quite the tolerant bunch they are. I hadn't read the ToS because I figured it would be like the ToS of most other such sites, namely, don't threaten, be a troll, etc...I had joined up to DU in the hopes of having some serious discussions with left wingers to better understand their point-of-view. So much for that.

No links I can provide, I just get a page saying that my user privileges have been revoked. It is my fault though, as I violated their rules. I went to the Terms of Service to see what I was doing wrong, well take a look at their Terms of Service!

Well quite the tolerant bunch they are. I hadn't read the ToS because I figured it would be like the ToS of most other such sites, namely, don't threaten, be a troll, etc...I had joined up to DU in the hopes of having some serious discussions with left wingers to better understand their point-of-view. So much for that.

I think you got a perfect interpretation of their point of view right there....

Dude... Its a left wing echo chamber... Who gives a shit?

I had joined up to DU in the hopes of having some serious discussions with left wingers to better understand their point-of-view. So much for that.

Wheels two sayings come to mind in trying to have a serious conversation with left wingers to better understand their point-of-view.

1) You can't fix stupid.

2) Don't argue with an idiot as they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I am glad it didn't work out for you over there.

Dude... Its a left wing echo chamber... Who gives a shit?

I wanted to see if I could learn anything new. Also it helps with debating as nothing plugs holes in one's arguments then having the holes pointed out by the other side.

I have a bizarro world prediction... Shortly after the election it will come out that there are multiple ebola cases in the US that have gone unreported.

I have a bizarro world prediction... Shortly after the election it will come out that there are multiple ebola cases in the US that have gone unreported.

I'm going with the, they couldn't keep a blowjob in the oval office quiet. No way they can keep THAT under wraps.

At the very least I really hope you're wrong.

Rd's tin foil hat propeller is spinning wildly. Unfortunately, given the current state of affairs and seemingly his ability to see through the futures haze, I'm having to strap my hat down tightly too!!!

The Army completed it's investigation into Bowe Bergdahl's disertion last week but the Pentagon doesn't know when the report will be released.

Hmm, I'll take a guess. Sometime after Nov 4th elections. Don't want people to hear that he truely was a deserter and Obammy traded 5 of Gitmo's perminant residents for him as yet another failure.

I'm not saying I'm surprised though by any of that. It's expected every election for damaging failures and coverups to be reveled afterwards.

I'm not saying I'm surprised though by any of that. It's expected every election for damaging failures and coverups to be reveled afterwards.

In instances like this I just assume the worst. Then again it wouldn't sway my vote, which is already mailed in. :icon_mrgreen:

They call themselves "the left" because they are also on the left of the IQ curve. :D