C7 Zee06 to be unveiled next month

RyanRo24

I don't know about this new model, but it did in my previous Plastic mess-06 when Chevy's glue came undone from it sitting in the sun. :lol2:

I also swore to never buy another one when they tried to fcuk me on warranty when my engine blew up, but this new one has me reconsidering.

So far my interior is holding up vs my 06Z6 . The quality is on another level. every part is sturdy and tight.

Ill throw a blower on mine until they hit the dealerships then trading up!

I think in White it will be bad ass! with basic tune it should be a solid 700whp 3300lbs . i can see 9.8s on a sticky track .

I know GM filed for a DCT patent and of course anything is possible.. but i really think this one is going to be an 8 speed auto. I think when they make the Zr1 (if) they will introduce the DCT with 700+ hp.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far my interior is holding up vs my 06Z6 . The quality is on another level. every part is sturdy and tight.

I think in White it will be bad ass! with basic tune it should be a solid 700whp 3300lbs . i can see 9.8s on a sticky track .

I know GM filed for a DCT patent and of course anything is possible.. but i really think this one is going to be an 8 speed auto. I think when they make the Zr1 (if) they will introduce the DCT with 700+ hp.

I'm guessing it will be near impossible to get one if you aren't already on a list right? I remember the clusterfuck that was last time when the c6 Plastic mess-06 came out. Every dealer trying to charge crazy amounts over MSRP and in general being dicks.

I'm guessing it will be near impossible to get one if you aren't already on a list right? I remember the clusterfuck that was last time when the c6 Plastic mess-06 came out. Every dealer trying to charge crazy amounts over MSRP and in general being dicks.

Well the good thing is my wifes cousins, cousin... Owns a Chevy dealer.. Thats not a joke.. LOL... I made the call today, and anything I want.. Im in..

Jorge, I am with you! I LOVE this car as well.

Regarding the whole DCT/auto thing, GM is definitely messing with everyone. So the leaked interior pic shows a "P" on the dash and a gearbox that resembles the structure of an auto, yet the same interior pic shows '2 4 6' on the top of the shifter??? lol

I hope you are right Fadi! Would love this to be a manual even though the 8 speed auto would be better, performance wise.

fact from hot rod mag.

Got my latest "Hot Rod" magazine today in the mail (0314 issue). Column on page 10 had the following tidbits:

"C7 Plastic mess-06 chassis is 20% more rigid than the C6 Plastic mess-06 with the targa top removed and 60% more rigid with the top in place."

"The Plastic mess-06 will be the only car with more than 600 hp to offer an automatic transmission: the new eight-speed 8L90E."

"The steel torque tube of the Stingray will be replaced with a woven carbon-fiber torque tube in the Plastic mess-06".

"New Plastic mess-06 features wider bodywork to cover a 2.2 inch wider track in the front and 3 inch wider track in the rear, with wheel and tire sizes from the C6 ZR1."

"There will be three levels of Plastic mess-06 available with varying degrees of aerodynamic downforce, the top being called Z07".

"Powered by a supercharged 6.2L direct-injection LT4 V8 that produces an estimated 625 hp and 635 lb-ft of torque using a compact 1.7L supercharger capable of 20,000 rpm and 9.5 psi of boost."

We'll find out in, oh, about 33-1/2 hours if these are correct.

looks awesome. i really hope the 8-speed automatic is just an option, with manual still being available/standard!

wonder what these will weigh fully fuelled, etc.

looks awesome. i really hope the 8-speed automatic is just an option, with manual still being available/standard!

:iamwithstupid:

I wonder if a coupe (non-targa) will be offered....

The car will not see 9.8 with a basic tune.

Who else is excited to see a C7 Z.06 and an MP4 go at it from a 50-160? :icon_mrgreen:

Who else is excited to see a C7 Plastic mess-06 smoke a Huracan? :)

I'm hoping Mclaren comes out with another software hp bump, they've already done it once, one can at least dream of a 650hp factory update lol.

Who else is excited to see a C7 Plastic mess-06 smoke a Huracan? :)

That's a given. Not as exciting, lol.

2015 will be a McLaren MP4-12Cs with 641 HP..... old cars are not being updated to the 641HP as the 2015 has some hardware changes...

I'm hoping Mclaren comes out with another software hp bump, they've already done it once, one can at least dream of a 650hp factory update lol.

2015 will be a McLaren MP4-12Cs with 641 HP..... old cars are not being updated to the 641HP as the 2015 has some hardware changes...

All the power in the world won't help the MP4 sales. They need to redesign the body and make it more visually appealing. Take some elements of the P1 but make it more aggressive.

All the power in the world won't help the MP4 sales. They need to redesign the body and make it more visually appealing. Take some elements of the P1 but make it more aggressive.

:iamwithstupid: Exactly.

Well the good thing is my wifes cousins, cousin... Owns a Chevy dealer.. Thats not a joke.. LOL... I made the call today, and anything I want.. Im in..

The dealer wouldn't happen to be in Miami, would it?

:iamwithstupid: Exactly.

Not that it matters but I wouldn't be so sure :icon_thumleft:

If physics has anything to do with it, I am fairly certain. But, we shall see soon brother. :icon_mrgreen:

If physics has anything to do with it, I am fairly certain. But, we shall see soon brother. :icon_mrgreen:

You are the one I would expect to understand the real difference between these cars the most, one is an exotic one is a fast muscle car, the GTR is a fast electronic car and the list goes on, the moral of the story is they are all unbelievable cars and at the same time VERY different, they all excel at different tasks and that's the best thing about it, we are damn lucky to have at our fingertips such a great array of magnificent cars.

New car Lambo buyers will not buy a Corvette in stead, they will add a Corvette if they like one, new Corvette buyers will not step up to a Lambo because it's more than double in price, different markets, and in relation to speed you can make a Civic spank a new Corvette for a fist full of dollars, that hardly makes the Civic equivalent to the new Corvette.

The MP4 is so much faster than the outgoing LP560 but it hardly outsold it, I can go on but I really need to go to work :icon_mrgreen:

You are the one I would expect to understand the real difference between these cars the most, one is an exotic one is a fast muscle car, the GTR is a fast electronic car and the list goes on, the moral of the story is they are all unbelievable cars and at the same time VERY different, they all excel at different tasks and that's the best thing about it, we are damn lucky to have at our fingertips such a great array of magnificent cars.

New car Lambo buyers will not buy a Corvette in stead, they will add a Corvette if they like one, new Corvette buyers will not step up to a Lambo because it's more than double in price, different markets, and in relation to speed you can make a Civic spank a new Corvette for a fist full of dollars, that hardly makes the Civic equivalent to the new Corvette.

The MP4 is so much faster than the outgoing LP560 but it hardly outsold it, I can go on but I really need to go to work :icon_mrgreen:

We are on the same page brother.

I was just stating my opinion regarding straight line performance between the two solely based on rumored specs of the Z.06. I am just bench racing.

Certainly I didn't say the C7 Z.06 will be quicker hence it's the better car, or I am selling my Lambo for it, or anything of that sort. Feeling me, Fortis? :icon_mrgreen:

revised body work for 2015 but nothing major....

We are on the same page brother.

I was just stating my opinion regarding straight line performance between the two solely based on rumored specs of the Z.06. I am just bench racing.

Certainly I didn't say the C7 Z.06 will be quicker hence it's the better car, or I am selling my Lambo for it, or anything of that sort. Feeling me, Fortis? :icon_mrgreen:

I know a joke which fits this scenario perfectly but I am too busy now, I will see if I can find it tonight and post it or try to write it myself, you will get a laugh out of it :icon_mrgreen: