C7 Zee06 to be unveiled next month

RyanRo24

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<a href="http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-Plastic mess-06-discussion/3577196-ridetech-zo6-weight.html" target="_blank">http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-Plastic mess-06...zo6-weight.html</a>

3546 lbs, full tank, carbon brakes.

Over 200lbs heavier than the gen V Viper.

There is that and probably the overly conservative tune Chevy saddled it with that I have been reading quite a bit about this last week. If true on the latter then its like going to a gun fight with a knife. Dont know why you would release the car like that knowing it would get blasted by the competition. Funny enough SRT did the same thing with the Viper. Releasing it knowing it would get toasted by the ZR1. Who knows why these decissions are made.

• 2 weeks later...

What a disappointment and it's pathetic looking on the corvette forum all the guys trying to justify the Plastic mess-06 getting murdered.

The Plastic mess-06 is not a drag car---never has been. It is one of the best cars I have driven--absolutely love mine. Just read the R&T and Autoweek reviews to gain a perspective on what this car is all about. It would be an hour ahead of the Hellcat on the track!

Well one does have 70-80 more HP.....

57 rated HP, although actual may be different. And one also weighs 1,000 pounds more than the other. No doubt the Z may be formidable on the track (although the potential overheating issues are yet to be determined), but it's hard not to view its straight line performance as anything other than disappointing given its published stats, performance of the ZR-1, etc.

It wasn't designed to outrun the ZR-1--that's the problem. It just happens to outperform it on a track. It weighs more and only has 12 more hp/46 lbs tq and costs $25K less. A few of us have already run in 80 deg temps at the track with no overheating issues whatsoever. Oh well, most people won't get it--too bad for them. I have a few good reference points to compare this car against and I think it's awesome.

57 rated HP, although actual may be different. And one also weighs 1,000 pounds more than the other. No doubt the Z may be formidable on the track (although the potential overheating issues are yet to be determined), but it's hard not to view its straight line performance as anything other than disappointing given its published stats, performance of the ZR-1, etc.

My bad. Thank you! :icon_thumleft:

To qualify that a little: The ZR1 was driven by a pro driver, the 918 and such were from C&D Lightning Lap driven by Journalists, and the track surface has changed since the slower times.

It's quick, but not as fast as is looks on paper here. Given equal drivers the 918 is going to run circles around it, as it should.

Plastic mess-06 at VIR

I've driven the 918--it will be a tad quicker on a 4.1 mi circuit--but it won't run "circles" around the Z07. With the same Cup2's the Z07 still pulls more lat G's and you can brake later. I ran VIR for 5 days last year--the new surface is worth about 2 sec same car/same conditions

Plastic mess-06 at VIR

I've driven the 918--it will be a tad quicker on a 4.1 mi circuit--but it won't run "circles" around the Z07. With the same Cup2's the Z07 still pulls more lat G's and you can brake later. I ran VIR for 5 days last year--the new surface is worth about 2 sec same car/same conditions

Leadfoot, with all due respect, I love your comments and especially your car selection; but there is no chance in hell you can even compare the Z07 to the 918.

6:57 on the Nordschleife. 4wd, with electric motors at the front which have instant full torque. V8 n/a engine from the racing division; ultimate incarnation of the pdk box. I am not saying the Z07 is not an awesome car; but the 918 is in another league. I have not driven either; but I have driven the La-Ferrari in anger; and while the 918 is said to be in the same league as the LaF, then I can say there is no chance in hell the Z07 should be mentioned in the same sentence as the 918. I hate when people make comparisons when not having driven the cars, which is my case; but I am basing this on my Zr1 with 800+hp and the LaF I drove.

With all of these videos I can't wait to run one in my Zoh6

I'm at least 400-450lbs lighter, but the new version has more than my approximate 500rwhp

Lambonutter,

Haha, my friend, I'm not saying the Z/06 is a better car than the 918 (or P1, LaF)--I was just saying on the three tracks I drive a lot (Barber, Road Atlanta, and VIR) the 918 would not be much faster than the Z/06 (as these circuits are 2.2 to 3.1 miles). Now on the 12 mi 'Ring, the time difference will be more pronounced--but I think it's only going to be around 8 seconds. I'm guessing the Z/06 will do around a 7:05 when they announce it this spring. You can buy a Z/06 for what you would pay in sales tax on a 918 in the states---that's pretty amazing to me.