Things are getting crazy in Kiev

Robster Craws

if the united states isnt a bully then what do you call it when a country uses its strength and influence to intimate other countries in order to get what they want? being a hall monitor?

Where does the U.S. "intimidate" other countries in order to get what they want?

this whole 'merica fcuk yeah attitiude the the united states can do no wrong and every action is justified is getting old.

No one ever said that the U.S. can do no wrong, but most all actions taken by the U.S. are for reasons believed to be justified. The whole making a moral equivalency of the U.S. and other truly oppressive nations in the world is an old hat. The U.S. doesn't bully free countries, it doesn't bully non-free countries even, although it will sometimes come down on them if necessary for global security reasons, it doesn't rob other countries of their resources, it doesn't colonize, it doesn't do any of the traditional behaviors of empire. Instead, it is the major country that provides aid and help for countries that end up in trouble from things like natural disasters and underwrites global security. Everywhere that the U.S. has troops is with the cooperation of the host countries.

Real bullies do not distinguish between authoritarian countries and free countries in whom they bully. They usually are friends with the authoritarians and will bully the free countries as they please, whether that be Russia with Europe or China with the nations in its region such as Taiwan, the Phillippines, Japan, etc...

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt necessarily call putin a pussy, hes just extremely good at playing politics and he knows exactly how to get what he wants, this is basically the same guy who advised bashar on dealing with syria and look at the reality; hes just been sworn in for a third term. also it will be extremely difficult to deal with russia as any sanctions against russia will inevitably hurt europe and will trickle down and hurt the united states, its basically cutting off the nose to spite the face and putin knows this. look at how intertwined russia is into western europes economy with its natural resources. also dont forget that russia has a very close relationship with china and if push comes to shove i believe china will back russia because if the united states thinks it can bully russia then what makes china believe the united states wont do the same to them?

I don't live in Russia so I wasn't calling Putin a pussy, anyway I am not interested in discussing politics, I detest the subject.

its obvious that we unfortunately live in two different worlds

if youre asking me for examples of the united states bullying other countries but at the same time justifying it as necessary its pointless. an example; sanctions are a form of bullying, justifying them is stupid and with russia theyre impossible to impose, theyve also failed with iran but we wont talk about that. I dont agree with arming rebels but i find it laughable that when another country engages in the same behavior its appalling and should be stop immediatly or else..., not only is the united states a bully its also a hypocrite. i dont agree with americas foreign policy, its not only counter producitive at this point its also getting silly as the united states is looking weaker and weaker in the eyes of the entire world. like a true bully when someone fights back everyone sees that the bully isnt as strong as everyone thought.

Ukraine's Interfax news agency quotes Interior Ministry adviser Anton Geraschenko as saying that Ukrainian intelligence sources say the Buk launcher and data recorders were handed over to Russian agents across the border at a checkpoint near Luhansk overnight.

That's like blaming your wife for getting raped because you warned her that her skirts were too short. And nobody is given a choice of pilots when they get one a commercial plane. Blaming the victims is shitty.

I dont say much here as its a public searchable forum i will be vague..we used to fly missions off the coast of Russia, during the cold war and the middle east many times we were pinged by ground radar, and have had Mig intercepts lock their fire control radar on and fly up our ass, and the sound increase and steady lock signal puts cold blood in your veins, you didnt know if you were going to live or be taken out ...we were also shot at a few times.......these were risks we knew going in a conflict area...having been there done that in the military, in civilian life I stay away....and i still travel a lot..not blaming the victims here..Im mostly blaming the airlne for putting innocent people in harms way, and the nutjobs that shot them down..poor victims never had a chance...just my 2c

its obvious that we unfortunately live in two different worlds

if youre asking me for examples of the united states bullying other countries but at the same time justifying it as necessary its pointless. an example; sanctions are a form of bullying, justifying them is stupid and with russia theyre impossible to impose, theyve also failed with iran but we wont talk about that. I dont agree with arming rebels but i find it laughable that when another country engages in the same behavior its appalling and should be stop immediatly or else..., not only is the united states a bully its also a hypocrite. i dont agree with americas foreign policy, its not only counter producitive at this point its also getting silly as the united states is looking weaker and weaker in the eyes of the entire world. like a true bully when someone fights back everyone sees that the bully isnt as strong as everyone thought.

if youre going to make such claims, you really need examples and proof to back it up. Otherwise you get what we have above...which is opinionated word vomit. You are conjoining to completely independent causes and effects to try and prove your point (ie The US is bullying and now people are fighting back which makes us look weaker). Terrible debate...

Just about 100 years ago the RMS Lusitania was destroyed. What's that saying... "those who cannot acknowledge the past are condemned...." something like that.

Where does the U.S. "intimidate" other countries in order to get what they want?

Wheels. I am sorry to say that I doubt you and I will ever get along, I think at times you can fascinate me but at times you are one of two people on here that infuriate the fcuk out of me.

And I am reasonably placid guy. I don't know if it is a case that we have to sit around a table one day and break bread to get a better understanding of each other or what but you need to understand this.

As someone outside of the US, your country has horrific record of being a bully - the world despised the recent Bush era. Your current POTUS has without doubt two great records. One record is the horrifically appalling way he treats stuff on his home soil - the majority on here have a nine inch nail they would love to ram up his arse and I completely understand why. If I was in their shoes I would be alongside them.

But the positive side to Obama is how he has handled things on an international stage. His diplomatic approach has people on US soil thinking he is soft. Outside of the US people have softened their approach to the country because of him.

This is how I see things, he picked up a difficult job, a powerful country with a flailing economy, I see people criticizing saying it is worst because of his actions, I don't know if that is the case, I am a massive proponent of seeing how things are when the dust has settled. When he came into power he stopped a front-line missile system which Bush was implementing and it pissed EVERYONE off. That is your example of bullying. Obummer comes in and stopped it, the Eastern European region where it was going to be implemented, the whole world stopped and took notice of it.

Everyone was thinking hang on, we have not got a war hungry bollock breath fuckwad in control here, we have got someone that has a global understanding.

No other country has missile bases on your soil have they? But USA and the Bush administration was hell bent on getting that system installed and fcuk anyone that questioned it.

Your country bullies. It still does to an extent under Obama but not as bad as it was.

But the positive side to Obama is how he has handled things on an international stage. His diplomatic approach has people on US soil thinking he is soft. Outside of the US people have softened their approach to the country because of him.

Exploding-head.gif

Yep, Obama looks smart to europeans (and made USA face look better until NSA was hell bent on mining every data stream in the world). Bush was mostly seen as a person with an IQ of a monkey and being puppet for his commanders.

Should we go back on topic.

I can post stupid gifs that serve no real purpose too.

At the risk of bringing down moderator rage on myself here it goes.

Wheels. I am sorry to say that I doubt you and I will ever get along, I think at times you can fascinate me but at times you are one of two people on here that infuriate the fcuk out of me.

And I am reasonably placid guy. I don't know if it is a case that we have to sit around a table one day and break bread to get a better understanding of each other or what but you need to understand this.

As someone outside of the US, your country has horrific record of being a bully - the world despised the recent Bush era. Your current POTUS has without doubt two great records. One record is the horrifically appalling way he treats stuff on his home soil - the majority on here have a nine inch nail they would love to ram up his arse and I completely understand why. If I was in their shoes I would be alongside them.

This is how I see things, he picked up a difficult job, a powerful country with a flailing economy, I see people criticizing saying it is worst because of his actions, I don't know if that is the case, I am a massive proponent of seeing how things are when the dust has settled. When he came into power he stopped a front-line missile system which Bush was implementing and it pissed EVERYONE off. That is your example of bullying. Obummer comes in and stopped it, the Eastern European region where it was going to be implemented, the whole world stopped and took notice of it.

Everyone was thinking hang on, we have not got a war hungry bollock breath fuckwad in control here, we have got someone that has a global understanding.

No other country has missile bases on your soil have they? But USA and the Bush administration was hell bent on getting that system installed and fcuk anyone that questioned it.

Your country bullies. It still does to an extent under Obama but not as bad as it was.

I/WE/US OF A don't really care how to world view us because as the end of the day the world keeps turning to us to solve global problems or at least take point position on them. The fact that the world hated Bush had more to do with them judging a book by its cover (in this case thinking he is a dumb unsophisticated hick) then actually judging his actions.

As for Obamas two great records I will agree with you on the first (he doesn't have a clue how to lead let alone actually run a country) and try to stifle my laughter on the second. His diplomatic approach isn't grown out of some sort of long term policy or plan but in a "what is right in front of our face right now how the hell do I react to this" kind of approach. The fact that the rest of the world respects him because he is more polished or has a greater vocabulary shows just how delusional they can be.

As for the missile system...you want our aid, money, help, etc well guess what...it comes with conditions sometimes. We had an opportunity to install some front line missile defense systems that would defend us as well as some friendly nations and we took a stab at it. No other country has missile systems for their defense based in our country because they aren't worried about a missile strike coming from an unfriendly neighbor flying over OUR land first.

The fact that you think Bush was a "war hungry bollock breath fuckwad" and that Obama has a "global understanding" is downright demented.

Bullying implies we pick on a weaker individual for fun or sport. We flex our muscle to ensure the safety of America and the ideals we and a large part of the globe buy in to whether they want to admit it or not.

I would genuinely like to hear examples of our bullying and what we should have done differently I am very curious to see what your preferred course of action would have been. At work we are free to criticizes as much as we like but we better bring a solution to the table at the same time.

I am sure the rest of the world would like a weaker more sensitive USA, however I do not live in the rest of the world I live in USA and I would like it to stay strong and dominant.

No, because we aren't under threat of being squashed by anyone else and don't need a bodyguard. I like how it's seen that we bully everyone, then when shit hits the fan we get the first phone call to come bring the Bactine in the form of container ships full of $$$, etc.

It's one of those simple equations, if you don't like the way we do things then just leave us alone and survive, or not, on your own merits.

The fact that you think Bush was a "war hungry bollock breath fuckwad" and that Obama has a "global understanding" is downright demented.

Bullying implies we pick on a weaker individual for fun or sport. We flex our muscle to ensure the safety of America and the ideals we and a large part of the globe buy in to whether they want to admit it or not.

Fun or sport, no that is not bullying. You have zero clue, then have the nerve to imply the opinion is demented despite being backed up by another European.

So I am not in the same country as someone else yet we hold the same opinion of your country, I wonder, how can that be? I can only imagine when you stuck your head in the sand you did so in such a violent manner that you hit a hidden rock.

I have given you an example of the bullying with the missile system, you dismissed it in a manner which validates my point! America does it its way and fcuk the little man.

Now because America is so concerned with the safety of the world I am just going to have a look and see if there any frontline missile systems that belong to any other country in America...

Meanwhile, ponder this, when was the last time America extradited a citizen to face criminal charges? If you had a clue into that process then you would quickly understand America is a flat track bully. Clue, it only goes one way.

But you cannot see it that. Good luck when you move out of the country but right now you lack the credentials to comment on how the world perceives America.

Who has softened their approach because of Obama? And bear in mind I'm not talking about people like you or governments of other friendly or neutral countries whose hearts may be warmed by his approach. Those people/countries aren't a threat to our national security or international stability. I'm talking about groups or countries who are clearly actual or potential adversaries or threats in some meaningful way. Examples would include Iran, North Korea, Russia, China, and Al Qaeda or its ilk, etc.

Also, your point about no other country having missile bases on our soil makes no sense. We don't need help from other countries to defend our territory, and we weren't placing missile bases on anyone's soil without their permission. In fact, the countries where the missiles were going to be put were by far the most annoyed with Obama's decision not to go forward--they wanted the bases there. Whether it makes sense or not, the U.S. bears most of the responsibility and most of the cost for defending Europe from potential adversaries. It would be interesting to see how Russia and some other countries behaved if the U.S. just withdrew its assets from Europe and disavowed its obligations under NATO to defend attacks on member countries. Are people really naive enough to believe that human nature has somehow changed over the last few decades, despite our constant history of war?

The world knows what America stands for. Elimination of popular democracy. Rigged elections. Restricted civil rights. Growing hypocrisy. Growing police brutality. False flag operations. Poisonous GMO foods. Destruction of the ecology. No more bees. Bank bailouts with citizen's money. Seizure of personal assets. Unemployment. Growing poverty. Growing military expenditures. Pollution. Deregulation. No corporate financial liability. Indemnification for the elite for their financial crimes. Legalized fraud. Media propaganda. Gutted social services. No savings. No house. No retirement. No hope. No future.

Tis a wonderful time to be a college graduate here :D. Was even funner seeing my tuition triple in a span of 4 years.

Through travels, this is the jist of how college aged foreigners view America.

To be more on topic, Americans can view themselves however they like. It is foreign policy of America to have this mindset which is essentially, you're either with us or against us. The world does need a level of policing and enforcement, but is that not why we created the UN? After Bush told them to fcuk off, the UN lost a great deal of credit, and it is us Americans who caused such.

We have a history of making action on false pretense. Action that has an expensive price to pay in American lives. Fight for "freedom & democracy." These same soldiers come back to see a huge lack of both in their homeland.

I hope we keep our soldiers the fcuk out of Ukraine :) Lets not get into something we cannot finish. And airline companies can now learn to think of the safety of their passengers rather than creating price advantages in their market.

its pointless to tell someone that they smell like shit when they are so used to the smell because theyll tell you that youre crazy and to prove it

its pointless to tell someone that they smell like shit when they are so used to the smell because theyll tell you that youre crazy and to prove it

I take it you have not found this thread yet?

You must be kidding

imo outside the US Obama comes over as possibly the worst ever President

He appears hopelessly weak and ill informed

You must be kidding

From my experience working with and talking to I have heard the same feedback…

You must be kidding

1 :iamwithstupid: