Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people

Steve K

Malaysian investigators have concluded the plane had been hijacked. No motive had been established, and wasn't clear where the plane was taken.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just not buying any of these "reports". None of them coincide with there others. They are all just random speculation. One report will say the plane went north. Another says it went east. Another says it went south, then north. One says they flew west for an hour. Another says it went west for 5 hours.

No terrorist group has taken credit for a hijacking. In every hijacking the first thing they do is get on the radio and brag about taking over the plane. Nobody knows which way the plane went. That's obvious. That's why they are searching in three different quadrants in three different oceans nowhere near each other. If they have this "big clue" that it went west over the Indian Ocean, then why the hell do they have a big search going on way the hell east twords Indonesia?

It's obvious all these "reports" are pure BS and the search is just a huge guess still. I call BS on all these news reports. I think Star Magazine knows where the plane went as much as anyone else.

It will be interesting to hear Fellippe check in on this. I wonder what has been going on in Diego Garcia the last couple days.

It's been rather quiet, the chatter no different than what's gone on in this thread.

Of course that doesn't mean there aren't certain people talking amongst themselves about this.

Although many of us here did find these links amusing:

http://www.cabaltimes.com/2014/03/12/ma370...o-diego-garcia/

http://americablog.com/2014/03/engine-data...onder-lost.html

The communications systems of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 were deliberately disabled, Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak has said.

According to satellite and radar evidence, he said, the plane then changed course and could have continued flying for a further seven hours.

He said the "movements are consistent with the deliberate action of someone on the plane".

The plane disappeared a week ago with 239 people on board.

Mr Razak stopped short of saying it was a hijacking, saying only that they were investigating "all possibilities".

_73602229_possible_plane_area3_624(3).jp

I hope the plane was hijacked and the occupants are alive, no matter how you slice it this is a horrible nightmare for everyone involved.

My guess, some trigger happy government in the area screwed up and shot the plane down by mistake thinking it was a spy plane and this is one way of covering it up without causing a huge scandal.

Don't worry, the missing one is a 777-200ER. This is a different one.

Actually.... ITS A JOKE. "Fariq" Hamid was the pilot... Get it?

My guess, some trigger happy government in the area screwed up and shot the plane down by mistake thinking it was a spy plane and this is one way of covering it up without causing a huge scandal.

Reminded me of Korean air flight 007 shot down I think in 1983 by the Russians. I remember that incident...

Fariq Hamid named 2014 Marco Polo world champion.

The annoying thing about the plane not being found is that the final message logged on the black box will not be released. That message is Fariq Hamid signing off with

"fcuk you David Copperfield".

Just going to post this here...

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/post/798...ear-using-sia68

I cannot see a commercial jet acting like a drug running plane but I am not a pilot.

Oh... Shit...

Ok... "But, but, but the passengers... The cell phones!!!"

They were all already dead.

1. The transponder is shut off

2. ACARS is shut off

3. Co pilot is heard saying "all right, good night."

4. Plane ascends from cruising altitude (~35,000 ft) to 45,000 ft. (not designed to fly that high) and turns off course.

Ok... why? Well, the air at 45,000 ft is even thinner than 35,000. All the pilot (or copilot) has to do is turn off the cabin pressure...

"But those little yellow dixie cup oxygen mask thingies fall from the ceiling."

Yep... And they only work for about ten or so minutes (even less at 45K ft).

They are designed to keep the passengers alive the few minutes it takes the pilot to plummet below 8000 ft where they can breath on their own...

"But the pilot would be dead too!!!"

They have their own, independent masks with bottles that last a lot longer. 20 minutes above 20000 feet and its a pretty good bet all the passengers and crew are dead in the cabin.

5. The plane then drops down to 28,000 ft. Maybe so he can approach another plane from below where hes less likely to be seen by other pilots?

Oh... Shit...

Ok... "But, but, but the passengers... The cell phones!!!"

They were all already dead.

1. The transponder is shut off

2. ACARS is shut off

3. Co pilot is heard saying "all right, good night."

4. Plane ascends from cruising altitude (~35,000 ft) to 45,000 ft. (not designed to fly that high) and turns off course.

Ok... why? Well, the air at 45,000 ft is even thinner than 35,000. All the pilot (or copilot) has to do is turn off the cabin pressure...

"But those little yellow dixie cup oxygen mask thingies fall from the ceiling."

Yep... And they only work for about ten or so minutes (even less at 45K ft).

They are designed to keep the passengers alive the few minutes it takes the pilot to plummet below 8000 ft where they can breath on their own...

"But the pilot would be dead too!!!"

They have their own, independent masks with bottles that last a lot longer. 20 minutes above 20000 feet and its a pretty good bet all the passengers and crew are dead in the cabin.

5. The plane then drops down to 28,000 ft. Maybe so he can approach another plane from below where hes less likely to be seen by other pilots?

It seems unlikely to me that if they were going to just crash it into the sea that they'd go off radar. Why would they care about going off radar if they just wanted to crash it? Seems more likely to me they've taken it somewhere.

I cannot imagine this plane landing anywhere on land at this point. It is not a Cessna 172. If it did land somewhere and is sitting on the tarmac, how could any country keep it quiet?

I suppose anything is possible *shrug*. But an intercept like that at cruising altitude with no air-to-air radar, still relatively heavy with gas/pax/cargo (low performance), based almost entirely on timing in an air traffic schedule not known for its precision, sounds pretty out there.

Even if they set up an orbit in the area to loiter and pick up SIA68 visually, if that intercept gets a little too cold (lagging the target), it'd take that pig dozens of miles to catch up. It would be the sort of thing that they get one shot at and it's not like these pilots do that sort of thing all the time or have any proficiency with it. Not even a simulator can prepare someone for that sort of join-up in real life, especially with no military background in the cockpit. In all frankness, the First Officer, would have been 15-20 years too junior to be flying a 777 in the USA, so his experience is basically nill and I can't put much stock in 2700 hours of bus driving in the face of what amounts to a tactical rendezvous. It'd be up to the Captain, and even then he doesn't appear to have the resumé to support that.

It starts to sound more plausible if the other aircraft was in on it, cooperating and communicating. Then comes the task of flying a 777 in such close proximity to another 777 so as to create one radar track for several hours which would be taxing and suck down more gas. The only advantage being the likelihood of anyone giving a damn if the track occasionally separated into two hits. Controllers are usually more concerned with controlling than the possibility of an unauthorized entry into their airspace from the shadow of a valid transponder signal; i.e. routine would be their camouflage.

This scenario is either,

A. Possible

B. Unlikely

C. A Jerry Bruckheimer production

D. All of the above

It seems unlikely to me that if they were going to just crash it into the sea that they'd go off radar. Why would they care about going off radar if they just wanted to crash it? Seems more likely to me they've taken it somewhere.

Thats the point... If the plan was to crash it, they didnt need to do any of the stuff they did... It sounds like a heist.

An ex-fighter pilot take on this flight:

"Highly experienced crew

Well paid to pull this off

Had better than average knowledge of systems to disable ACARS

Knows flight plans and radar coverage areas

US military knows where plane they cant comment it would reveal sensor capability accuracy

Read the book Blind Mans Bluff it mentions the sub that found the FDR on the Air France crash off the coast of Brazil

This sub was used to pick up missile parts from soviet missile test in the Pacific

The rest you can figure out for yourself!"

Thats the point... If the plan was to crash it, they didnt need to do any of the stuff they did... It sounds like a heist.

I agree. But I mean... where? How do you hide a plane like that? How do people not notice? I mean even if it landed somewhere super remote, you'd think someone would notice a giant plane coming in to land.

I agree. But I mean... where? How do you hide a plane like that? How do people not notice? I mean even if it landed somewhere super remote, you'd think someone would notice a giant plane coming in to land.

Depends on the area, a rural less developed country that's a big proponent of terrorist, with an overly oppressive dictatorship would no doubt be able to get it on land without too much fuss.

Israel is already taking preventative measures in case it's turned into a mobile nuclear missile. At first I kind of was like, yeah whatever. Then i thought about it, and figured, "Yeah, better safe than sorry."