Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people

Steve K

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine how the families of the missing feel... the Malaysian government doesn't seem to be doing much but changing their story.

I do not know jack on the topic of radar.. but I find it hard to believe that an airplane can just disappear! I would think everything within a certain distance of a given country is tracked on radar and that data recorded for national security. And with all the satellites in orbit... tell me the various governments are not watching every single movement around the globe.

I believe this below explanation more than I believe the Malaysian government is telling the whole truth:

tabloid.jpg

But ACARS does not fly OR navigate the plane. In fact when it doesn't work (of course you don't need it to go: MEL'd) it really doesn't matter at all. It could be totally corrupted and still not be able to tell the plane to make a turn or change altitude. Unlike most things on board, you are correct it does not have its own ON/OFF switch but like everything, you can always pull the breaker for it and kill power to it.

No... You're still missing the point... Acars as well as type 3 EFBs both electronically connect to the flight computer that does control the plane.... They share information back and forth... And that means there is a pathway... They are just the bridge, or the doorway by which somebody could theoretically "hack" the flight computer and take over control of the plane.... Once you find a way into the flight computer via one of the secondary systems that is trading data with it, you can tell the computer "only listen to me". Or only listen to the program the hacker just loaded into the autopilot... Those inputs coming from the cockpit? Ignore those... Or up= down. Left=right...

Basically, you have a computer flying the plane.... It's hardware and software... When you pull the stick, it's like a joystick on a computer system... The plane control surfaces respond in a particular way, because that's how the people at boeing programmed it to responded... If you can find the path by which it talks to one of the other open systems, you might be able to change that programming...

Which is why the FAA wanted Boeing to prove they had good security on these systems to prevent them from being used to remotely hijack a plane, as unlikely as that sounds....

But, no matter how secure and difficult you make it, it still remains "possible".

Breaking News!!!!!

Some of the passengers have been found in Wales!!!

The others were found in sharks......

EFB is not connected in anyway to the aircraft system, it is not connected to anything.

Its basically just an Ipad showing some Jepessen charts, just image basically.

Ipad is even supposed to be in "plane" mode.

If there was some hacking which I find almost impossible, it was not done thru EFB

EFB is not connected in anyway to the aircraft system, it is not connected to anything.

Its basically just an Ipad showing some Jepessen charts, just image basically.

Ipad is even supposed to be in "plane" mode.

If there was some hacking which I find almost impossible, it was not done thru EFB

That is not true with a class 3-B EFB.

http://www.teledynecontrols.com/productsol...sifications.asp

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagaz...ticle_04_1.html

Malaysia airlines are unwilling to release the full cargo manifest for some reason:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updat...q-1226863022091

Although it is 'known' that there were lithium ion batteries and also 3-4 tonnes of mangosteen in there (which are delicious btw). But I highly doubt some terrorists or whomever went to all that trouble just for some fruit.

An Australian plane has spotted two objects - one circular and grey and the other rectangular and orange - in the hunt for the missing Malaysia plane in the southern Indian Ocean, Australian officials say.

Malaysia's prime minister has announced on the basis of new analysis it must be concluded that missing flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean.

He said Malaysia Airlines had told the families of the 239 people on board.

Earlier the BBC saw a text message sent to families saying it had to be assumed "beyond reasonable doubt" that the plane was last and there were no survivors.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26716572

The fact still remains that We are "flying" or watching/monitoring the computer "fly". We can turn EVERYTHING off (one way or another) if it is not doing what we want it to do. And in the end their plain old "whiskey compass" should have been pointing North/NorthWest and they would have been going ape shit on the radio if they couldn't make that happen. There are Several ways to "fly" the plane and you can add and subtract levels of Automation depending on your own preference at the moment. Hell you could fly following railroad tracks and watching the sunset while the computer, FMS, dispatch, acars, ATC and everything else is screaming at you to turn toward whatever your destination is supposed to be. The automation CAN NOT just "take over" and maintain control of the aircraft. Even the servos that the autopilot uses to move the controls we can physically override in case they don't release when we select the autopilot OFF. Which i have had happen. i think 11lbs of force will cause it to break loose.

Something doesn't make sense here.

Agreed. I mean, if it ends up being that, it ends up being that. However, they said they spotted colored objects and then went off of the satellite and almost seems as if they are going, "Well that's good enough, yep, gone." without any confirmation.

i still think cover up

As I have said before, more important is what is not being said, in the Intel world the term "need to know" is followed religiously...

Agreed. I mean, if it ends up being that, it ends up being that. However, they said they spotted colored objects and then went off of the satellite and almost seems as if they are going, "Well that's good enough, yep, gone." without any confirmation.

Anyone else fcuking SHOCKED the Malaysian Gov't sent a fcuking TEXT MESSAGE to the families! Hey, we're assuming all is lost and everyone is dead, now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Sadly, they better hope or know thats what really happened. If that jet turns up with Joe Camel piloting it into an embassy somewhere, there is going to be fcuking hell to pay.

Anyone else fcuking SHOCKED the Malaysian Gov't sent a fcuking TEXT MESSAGE to the families! Hey, we're assuming all is lost and everyone is dead, now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Seriously? That's fucked up. Are they calling off the search?

Seriously? That's fucked up. Are they calling off the search?

They are saying that it is beyond a questionable doubt that the plane went down there. They are sending everything to that location as we speak. Including the US ship with the capabilities to find a blackbox at up to 20,000ft depth