Worst Modern Car You've Driven

Tara

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current-gen Renault Clio. World's slowest and jerkiest automatic gearbox, cramped, jumpy ride, lots of road noise, inoperable satnav, bin-like interior materials, least feel I've ever experienced in wheel and pedals, and an engine that manages to combine loudness, slowness and unimpressive economy.

I don't agree with all the Prius bashing, they're certainly in another dimension to that Clio. They're just priced way beyond what they're really worth.

The big 3 really just have nothing good going for them. Consider what Tesla with their first real model has done - and you start to just shake your head at these companies who have had decades to figure things out. No excuses for the shit you're putting out now. This goes especially to Chrysler....

Anything Pontiac

Anything Oldsmobile. We can toast to the ten year anniversary of it's death in a month. This made me laugh.

"The final production day for Oldsmobile was April 29, 2004. The division's last car built was an Alero GLS 4-door sedan, which was signed by all of the Olds assembly line workers. It was on display at the R.E. Olds Transportation Museum located in Lansing, Michigan, until GM cut funding to the museum forcing them to sell the car to raise funds."

Dodge Caliber rental car... it was actually comically bad whenever I tried to get it to change speed or direction. The Prius may not have many redeeming qualities, but it isn't actively, offensively bad like that Dodge was.

Dodge Caliber rental car... it was actually comically bad whenever I tried to get it to change speed or direction. The Prius may not have many redeeming qualities, but it isn't actively, offensively bad like that Dodge was.

Jeep Compass, same fcuking thing but they actually put a jeep badge on it. It was a rolling abomination.

I have to agree on Prius, and Mas QP. The mas was an 08 didn't believe my friend who said the transmission pissed him off to know end, then I drove it.

2008 QP had a full auto transmission, not F1.

Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks the Prius is a POS. No power whatsoever. My right leg hurt from all the effort expended in pressing the gas pedal to get any power out of that car. Felt like I was riding a bicycle.

I once had the misfortune of renting a Nissan Versa. Never again. And there was this one time I had to endure the ignominy of driving a 2003 ? model Hyundai Elantra for a week. I actually had to keep one hand holding the door handles because it felt like the doors would fly off every time I went above 50.

And those Smartcars, never driven one but they look like shopping carts . I'd feel safer riding a Costco shopping cart than one of those.

I'll take your word for it but since I have experienced the Smartcar I will stick to my previous statement of worst auto transmission ever. Its shifts are so delayed it is shocking it ever left the factory. Then again it's a Smart car lol

Not sure if serious or sarcasm :lol2:

serious... great thread...

I don't know, I like cars and I don't mind any of them, I lower or raise my expectations depending on what I step in :icon_mrgreen:

Few weeks a go I drove for an hour old Ford Fiesta and I was literally laughing all the time.

It was just amazing manifest of nondescript motoring.

Thinking about the men who designed it.

They were really honest about not giving a single f*ck about any class and just made it pure utilitarian trolley to get you from a to b, just.

Interior had more vinyl and weird rubber knobs than any fetish catalog ever printed.

Pontiac AZTEC. Never drove one, but wanted to kill it with fire just seeing it.

Ugliest car ever made

:iamwithstupid: I agree with you there

What a POS! Terrible vehicle, lack of decent secuirty equipment, the materials so cheap, the body look like its made of a paper and tinfoil.

29101_922314540.jpg

Anything Allan touches is automatically a hunk of crap, so all his cars.

All SAAB's are a pieces of crap. Had a rental for 7 days, Went back and changed it for a smaller/slower car since I could not stand the SHIT/POS more than 30 seconds.

fiat 500 as a service loaner from ferrari vancouver. thing was bright red. felt awkward being in it. never again.

Seems a bit unfair to compare some of these cars with others because compared to a 200k Mercedes, a 20k Honda will feel like crap.

So, like a few others on here, I lowered or raised my expectations accordingly and still some just feel like absolute garbage, whereas others aren't that bad. The Ford Fiesta, for what it is, isn't honestly that bad at all.

However, for crap, the Chrysler 300s, the 2012 Honda Civic (they're better now), Toyota Corolla's, all Kia's and a few Nissans pretty much take the cake for me. I'm sure there are more American cars that are garbage, but I don't really drive them. I also found the BMW X3 surprisingly crappy.