Aventador LP 800-4 SuperVeloce

Assman

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The A is way too heavy, no wonder in some tests the brakes were just about gone, Lambo has to put it on a serious diet and add a DCT, it will turn the car into the weapon it needs to be!

I don't for the LIFE of me understand why this car is so damn heavy!

"We'll make it carbon fiber everything, carbon tub, carbon this, carbon that, we'll even build our very own carbon fiber research center to design the damn thing!"

"How much does it weigh?"

"Four THOUSAND pounds!!!!!!!!"

Um . . . (?)

Pagani is able to put out V12 cars that weigh half a world less. WTF?!

I don't for the LIFE of me understand why this car is so damn heavy!

"We'll make it carbon fiber everything, carbon tub, carbon this, carbon that, we'll even build our very own carbon fiber research center to design the damn thing!"

"How much does it weigh?"

"Four THOUSAND pounds!!!!!!!!"

Um . . . (?)

Pagani is able to put out V12 cars that weigh half a world less. WTF?!

Well for 1 the Aventador has a larger foot print than the Pagani Huayra (and Huracan/Gallardo). It shouldn't amaze anyone that they can make a $1.8 - $2 million dollar car lighter than a $400k-$600k car. If only there was someone on the forum who had both that could explain to us all the differences in the Aventador and Huayra.

Well for 1 the Aventador has a larger foot print than the Pagani Huayra (and Huracan/Gallardo). It shouldn't amaze anyone that they can make a $1.8 - $2 million dollar car lighter than a $400k-$600k car. If only there was someone on the forum who had both that could explain to us all the differences in the Aventador and Huayra.

hhhmmmmmmmmmm, is that even possible???? I bet if someone did own both, it would be in SOFL.

I know of two current members that have had extensive seat time in both, maybe they will chime in

I get the different price/cost point, of course, but is there THAT much more, weight-wise, that can really be done by being able to spend more money on the thing? I mean, using some pricey titanium and such materials for some occasional nuts and bolts doesn't sound like nearly enough to make THAT kind of a weight difference (between Huayra and Aventador).

I could be totally wrong! Obviously I don't know the specifics, but hence my asking. I'm genuinely curious.

Th first obvious difference between the aventador and the huayra is the 4wd system. You take that out of the Aventador and it saves 150-200lbs off the bat. Then you have the iconel exhaust system on the huayra. If the Aventador used iconel on its heavy ass exhaust system, you could easily save another 60-80lbs there. The Huayra also doesn't have a whole of carpet, the floor is exposed carbon tub.....etc etc

The Hyuara uses a carbon-titanium blend (carbotanium) which is lighter and stronger than carbonfiber. But it's also very very expensive to use. The Hyuara is also non-US legal (they can be gotten here but it's a huge ordeal) since there are a few DOT regulations it doesn't comply with. The Aventador makes use of a lot of light weight technology, but it also has to conform to DOT standards for every country, so it has a few more pounds added due to safety regulations and equipment. Deformable bumpers, airbag systems, and AWD system add more pounds. It's very hard with regulations to build a modern car that light, even though it's becoming a bit less of a factor seeing the numbers that the Aventador throws up compared to its weight.

Could Lamborghini build a 2,800 pound Aventador? Sure, but in the world of shaving weight and meeting regulations, there's a lot of give and take and keeping everything cost effective is hard.

My 2 cents.

The Hyuara uses a carbon-titanium blend (carbotanium) which is lighter and stronger than carbonfiber. But it's also very very expensive to use. The Hyuara is also non-US legal (they can be gotten here but it's a huge ordeal) since there are a few DOT regulations it doesn't comply with. The Aventador makes use of a lot of light weight technology, but it also has to conform to DOT standards for every country, so it has a few more pounds added due to safety regulations and equipment. Deformable bumpers, airbag systems, and AWD system add more pounds. It's very hard with regulations to build a modern car that light, even though it's becoming a bit less of a factor seeing the numbers that the Aventador throws up compared to its weight.

Could Lamborghini build a 2,800 pound Aventador? Sure, but in the world of shaving weight and meeting regulations, there's a lot of give and take and keeping everything cost effective is hard.

My 2 cents.

Actually Huayras are street legal in the usa now, several have already been delivered to owners. The Aventador is amazing for its price tag, and that is all there is to it.

Actually Huayras are street legal in the usa now, several have already been delivered to owners. The Aventador is amazing for its price tag, and that is all there is to it.

I agree with you there. From what my dealer contacts tell me Huayras are barely passable and a royal pain to get into the states.

But for any car at any price point, I still the the Aventador is hottest car on the market right now :icon_thumleft:

There's no royal pain with getting Huayras into the states. DOT/EPA homologation is binary: Either you have it or you don't. So "barely passable" doesn't make any sense.

The Huayra is just as a road legal as an Aventador and no more of a hassle to import.

Also, a LP720 had an MSRP near $700K and the Huayra is about $1.25M. So they're not as far apart as could otherwise appear.

Still the Aventador is a great car. Even if it is kinda a fat piggy for something with a carbon tub :).

There's no royal pain with getting Huayras into the states. DOT/EPA homologation is binary: Either you have it or you don't. So "barely passable" doesn't make any sense.

The Huayra is just as a road legal as an Aventador and no more of a hassle to import.

Also, a LP720 had an MSRP near $700K and the Huayra is about $1.25M. So they're not as far apart as could otherwise appear.

Still the Aventador is a great car. Even if it is kinda a fat piggy for something with a carbon tub :).

Webster, the Huayra is a lot more than $1.25 mil, the current base price is about $1.6 mil plus options, which will easily be $200k+. The most expensive lp720 roadster stickers around $640k fully loaded. That makes a decently optioned Huayra 3 x the price of the most expensively optioned Aventador to date.

I wish I knew for sure when the SV is coming. I'm looking forward to getting one! Only problem is I will have to repaint the boat to match unless I can get it in the same Yellow! :eusa_think:

I wish I knew for sure when the SV is coming. I'm looking forward to getting one! Only problem is I will have to repaint the boat to match unless I can get it in the same Yellow! :eusa_think:

Or build ANOTHER Lamboat

Or how about a new, better & more powerful boat like the SV? :)

• 2 months later...
780hp

AWD

Veneno-Inspired

Best ever

2015 Geneva

Preview: 02/??/2015 for VVIP

Expensive

Awesome

All that is a good guesstimate.

The most important part is the weight saving. Otherwise if they do not do anything major it will end up weighing more than my LP670 SV manual ! That would be some pathetic use of carbon fibre tub.

I drive V-12 cars ...... period. pagani is beautiful but I am a spyker lover.. really... but like I said... V-8's not for me.

Bentley V-12 over V-8 also.

and Aventadors.... this year I am on track to hit between 30 and 40 thousand miles on an aventador. a personal record in 12 calendar months .. although I have never done less than 20,000 in one year since November 2011 and it runs flawlessly for now.

I am eagerly awaiting the SV and it will look boss in Chrome Tron

I drive V-12 cars ...... period. pagani is beautiful but I am a spyker lover.. really... but like I said... V-8's not for me.

Bentley V-12 over V-8 also.

and Aventadors.... this year I am on track to hit between 30 and 40 thousand miles on an aventador. a personal record in 12 calendar months .. although I have never done less than 20,000 in one year since November 2011 and it runs flawlessly for now.

I am eagerly awaiting the SV and it will look boss in Chrome Tron

I love the amount of miles you put on your Lambos. Use and enjoy, exactly why they were built!

When I was at the factory last year I was told that the 6.2 Murcie engine was easily capable of achieving 800+ bhp NA. The problem wasn't getting the power from the engine. That was relatively easy. The limiting factor was the chassis.

800bhp from the new 6.5 V12 therefore shouldn't be a problem. The question for me is have the Aventador CF tub and other chassis components been designed to take this much power. My guess is yes but I don't think they will take it to 800+

My prediction is SV power will be in the order of 750 combined with weight reduction of at least 150kg.

And what´s up with the Underground Racing TT Aventador ??? It has more than 1500bhp !!!