Aventador LP 800-4 SuperVeloce

Assman

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many HP do you guys think there are left in the NA Aventador engine?

I think 800hp is possible, but this biggest issue is making that power useable. In order to get to 800hp while still being totally NA and free of any hybrid system, they'd probably have to design the engine like a racing engine, where all the power and torque are up top. Of course this means however that you need to rev the crap out of the engine to go anywhere because you have very little torque down low. Thethetheferrari did nearly that, their V12 is built like a race engine and then the electric system just fills the gap below like 5k rpm.

They might be able to squeeze some mOre power out of the engine but the problem will be all the regulations .

Main way for the aventador to go forward and faster will be a diet. Sooner or later these big heavy v12 flagship cars will catch on and drop 500 lbs and be rockets. As if they already arent

Let us not forget the Ferrari's La-Ferrari has a near 800hp NA V-12 as it's core source of power...I'm sure Lambo can do the same with their V-12. Keep in mind, since none of us work for Lamborghini, everything here is pure speculation. We'll have to wait for the real deal to arrive.

And ts640, don't worry about taking over the world, I'm already almost there ;)

They might be able to squeeze some mOre power out of the engine but the problem will be all the regulations .

Main way for the aventador to go forward and faster will be a diet. Sooner or later these big heavy v12 flagship cars will catch on and drop 500 lbs and be rockets. As if they already arent

If only there were a way for them to shave 500 pounds off the thing and still have it be road-legal . . . Someone mentioned that some of the first Aventador road test models that they lent to magazines to test drive felt much lighter and quicker than the production models that followed, and that speculation was that those test "ringers" had carbon tubs that were made with (I think it was) impregnated carbon (?) instead of carbon composite? I.e. a much lighter, though more expensive, form of carbon fiber. If so, maybe that's an option going forward to shave weight.

Forget more HP. Give me more Torque for the real world!

uhh, hp is a function of torque, so yeah. It's a high rpm V12, low rpm torque will come at the expense of peak hp without turbos or a blower. You don't want it to drive like a diesel truck.

Lamborghini trying to move upmarket.... Lamborghinis should be expensive and rare.

The 918 starts at $845K, this SV is getting pretty close to the hyper car market.

They took deposits 6-8 months ago said September viewing at the fatcory, recently changed to we will let you know what it is and when and now saying may be facelift then SV.

So basically who knows other than they were collecting money for the sv, no spec was ever mentioned.

Hmmmmmmmmmm??

Still speculation...but DAMN that render is pretty hot :eusa_dance:

I think 800hp is possible, but this biggest issue is making that power useable. In order to get to 800hp while still being totally NA and free of any hybrid system, they'd probably have to design the engine like a racing engine, where all the power and torque are up top. Of course this means however that you need to rev the crap out of the engine to go anywhere because you have very little torque down low. Thethetheferrari did nearly that, their V12 is built like a race engine and then the electric system just fills the gap below like 5k rpm.

Thank you for the explanation Will_ unfortunately it doesn't sound like a viable solution, I honestly think more than 600 HP is useless on a street car, I'd focus on weight reduction rather then power increase.

I guess we will soon find out, exciting times ahead.

They took deposits 6-8 months ago said September viewing at the fatcory, recently changed to we will let you know what it is and when and now saying may be facelift then SV.

So basically who knows other than they were collecting money for the sv, no spec was ever mentioned.

Maybe they were just gauging interest in order to figure out numbers, price point, etc. it will be interesting to see if they facelift the Aventador before the SV or just add the SV to the current line up and facelift all models in the near future.

Never say never of course but I would venture to say that it is a concerted effort between Lamborghini SpA and its dealership to ensure the Aventador line remains interesting and on the potential buyer's radar.

Months ago, we talked about the current Aventador is rapidly approaching the supposedly 4000 unit barrier. The car is out for a few years now, variants of it had surfaced --- the roadster and the anniversary versions. Other brands are also catching up with own versions of hyper & flagship cars. Despite its good looks and supercar performance, the novelty of the Aventador for most buyers in this segment of cars is wearing off. And Lamborghini itself is manifesting its own adversary through the introduction of the Huracan. Yes, it's targeted for a rather different group of buyers but the Huracan is a newer car so it is THE latest toy to have. And there might even be a chance that if one were to order a Huracan and an Aventadpr at the same time, the Huracan just might show up first. So while the Aventador line is not in any crisis, its interest had certainly peaked and is likely on the decline; it needs to be reinvigorated. Facelift and/or adding a variant soon would be inevitable and logical.

Putting down a deposit is nothing, look how far the Urus is away and dealers officially started accepting deposits early last year (some even earlier). Keep in mind that despite the backing of VW/Audi, Lamborghini remains a relatively small establishment; does it really have the physical resources to start a new line of an Aventador deviant? I.e. in addition to the existing Aventador coupe and roadster, the Huracan and the upcoming Urus?

It will be interesting to see the kind of performance numbers for the allegedly "new" car though. It's all marketing jargon of course and it certainly isn't gospel but didn't Winkermann said Lamborghini is no longer concentrating on who can crank out the highest hp; but rather who can produce the best power output vs. mass ratio? Regardless, the V12 powerplant would likely be more than capable to handle at least another 10-15% hp. The Gallardo engine evolved from the original 500 to the "official" 570 (some alleged that the STS & the SC had close to 590). Even supposedly lacking the interest in the hp race, it simply wouldn't be wise for Lamborghini to come up with a brand new V12 powerplant with a near-peak performance already; especially with the last V12 served for literally decades.

It's also not news for Lamborghini to tease: they had wild versions like the Gallardo Concept S and the Egoista which will never make production --- at least in road-legal guise; but they also had the Miura Concept and the Estoque which can easily be realities. So based on all these, it probably is safe to speculate that Lamborghini is dangling a carrot to see how many would bite and then decide what to do based on the feedback.

I must say that if this new version is a reality, I kind of feel bad for all the anniversary car owners. They paid a premium on those cars which really aren't too different from the "regular" versions and didn't get to stay on the top spot for too long. But I suppose Lamborghini played that game before with the original Gallardo Superleggera.

And btw, where is Mako? Haven't seen him for a while (too busy with the new-born perhaps). He usually have pretty good insights and analysis on these matters.

When I was at the factory last year I was told that the 6.2 Murcie engine was easily capable of achieving 800+ bhp NA. The problem wasn't getting the power from the engine. That was relatively easy. The limiting factor was the chassis.

800bhp from the new 6.5 V12 therefore shouldn't be a problem. The question for me is have the Aventador CF tub and other chassis components been designed to take this much power. My guess is yes but I don't think they will take it to 800+

My prediction is SV power will be in the order of 750 combined with weight reduction of at least 150kg.

They should release it in parallel with the standard AV and the Roadster, the SV appeals to a different type of buyer, 800 HP sounds pretty nuts, I can't wait to see it.

If you think about it - by releasing the SV along with the regular coupe they miss out on potential sales of customers who will buy the aventador and then sell it for the SV

Okay.. very interesting information around here.. I really love SV, whatever.

Recently got a order rejection from S.p.A. of Aventador Coupe model, they didn't told specific reason but noticed 'Changing customers' mind to Roadster, not the Coupe.'. For this, I thought there can be some change to Aventador.

Seems it'll be separated with 1st and 2nd gen. Just like Gallardo Superleggera series.

Hope to see with Hard-Core RWD, but welcome AWD too.

What does one do with 800HP on a road car? I don't get it, and never will. Don't bash me for it gents (and Cake), but shit, I thought the LP640 had plenty of giddy up, and the Gallardo, now the Aventador.... More? Damn

If you think about it - by releasing the SV along with the regular coupe they miss out on potential sales of customers who will buy the aventador and then sell it for the SV

That makes sense, I guess same can be said about the roadster, they will always do whatever works for their bottom line, ultimately it's a business, we enthusiasts tend to forget that sometimes :icon_mrgreen:

Okay.. very interesting information around here.. I really love SV, whatever.

Recently got a order rejection from S.p.A. of Aventador Coupe model, they didn't told specific reason but noticed 'Changing customers' mind to Roadster, not the Coupe.'. For this, I thought there can be some change to Aventador.

Seems it'll be separated with 1st and 2nd gen. Just like Gallardo Superleggera series.

Hope to see with Hard-Core RWD, but welcome AWD too.

Huh? Are you implying that a coupe cannot be ordered because they are preparing the production line for something else?

I am quessing that they want dualcluch box in the car soon to avoid all those problems the aventador has had.