Aventador LP 800-4 SuperVeloce

Assman

I'm hearing it won't be as limited production as previous SV... And more like 750hp and not 800.

Gotta love rumors and speculations... lol

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Are you implying that a coupe cannot be ordered because they are preparing the production line for something else?

A little bit different. Seems they trying to make a balance about production.

We will drive our Lamborghini SALAMONE VELOCE

Thousands of miles ... through deserts.. through mountains... in snow rain and in every condition.

We will put a minimum of 25k miles on the car the first season ... up to 7k in one month!

We don't care if "limited" we don't care about "color" anymore.. we know our style after all these years

We like it to look good but the SV will not be just a body kit, it will be an outstanding performer.. like we are ;)

Our Lamborghinis look the best when we finish a great rally and sit right on top of them on the finish line...

Look how awesome this pic would be if I had my SV already !!!

LOL LOL LOL

post-93516-1404426134_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1404426162_thumb.jpg

will the sv come with a tow truck

i joke i joke

:lol2: Below the belt...

I might be getting an advance preview of the SV...I should know in the next few weeks...

First: Color me shocked that this is a "When is the Aventador SV Coming??????" thread that was NOT started by ToofDoc!

Second: That rendering is damn hot. Reminds me a ton of the Murci RS-V.

Third: I think Lambo is going to hit the 4k mark on their tubs and things are going to get VERY interesting.

Fourth: TS is amazing!

So.. Miura's SV is 'Spinto Veloce', Diablo's SV is 'Sport Veloce', Murcielago's SV is 'Super Veloce'..

Aventador SV = Salamone Veloce? LOL :eusa_dance:

That rendering is from Wizzoo7 - David Williams, Australian Automotive Designer.

Here's more.

post-145008-1404489817_thumb.jpg

post-145008-1404489832_thumb.jpg

post-145008-1404489839_thumb.jpg

So.. Miura's SV is 'Spinto Veloce', Diablo's SV is 'Sport Veloce', Murcielago's SV is 'Super Veloce'..

Aventador SV = Salamone Veloce? LOL :eusa_dance:

That rendering is from Wizzoo7 - David Williams, Australian Automotive Designer.

Here's more.

Wow--love these!

• 4 weeks later...

The latest info that I heard from my dealer is that they will unveil the car in March of 2015 and the production will begin later that year as a 2016 model year car. The 2015 Aventador has already been released and there were no significant changes from the year before (except for the additional spoiler button). Also, the 50th Anniversary roadster is still in production as a 2015 model, so I seriously doubt they will release the SV in the same year while the 50th anniversary is still in production. I'm the first on the list for a SV at my dealer, so I can't wait!

My dealer doesn't have any information regarding the pricing of the SV, so I'm very curious as to how the $680,000 MSRP came about?

My dealer doesn't have any information regarding the pricing of the SV, so I'm very curious as to how the $680,000 MSRP came about?

I, too, am curious on the ASV MSRP? You think it will be HIGHER or LOWER than the 50th Anniversario Roadster at $548K? It's gotta be higher right? I don't believe it will be at $680K?

Here is how Aventador MSRPs break down:

Coupe: $397,500

Roadster: $441,700

50th Coupe: $497,650

50th Roadster: $548,000

I, too, am curious on the ASV MSRP? You think it will be HIGHER or LOWER than the 50th Anniversario Roadster at $548K? It's gotta be higher right? I don't believe it will be at $680K?

I dont see 680k being the base price, but with options I can see it

My guess on the MSRP of the SV would be $525K for the coupe. Not sure if they will make a roadster version, but at $525K, it is higher than the 50th anniversary coupe edition. With options and Ad persona items, it will break $600K for sure!

The big question is if they will make an SV Roadster, I reckon they will.

That would be .... wrong or against the philosophy of a performance edition.

Look I crossed the usa 3 times in an Aventador Coupe and soon, Twice in the roadster... roaster is heavier by several hundred pounds and there are "noises" on uneven roads etc.. its not really as rigid..

if someone else thinks differently that's cool but ... unless they crossed continents multiple times in aventadors logging at times 7500 miles a week and over 20,000 a season ... well ... well they don't know aventaors like I do. Unless they have driven in snow and deserts and in hurricane sandy and with a concubine and a monkey ... you get the idea.

\

There should be no roadster in the SV.

If so ... I would lead me to believe its just a body kit car. and I was told it would not be. I was told it will blow me away with an increased power; lighter weight; and all around "performance"

I would love a roadster as my personality is perfect for a roadster ... but hey.. I already got one of those.

I am looking for a chrome tron insane performance rigid light weight blow me away machine with centerlock wheels; a freaking wing already!! and I intend to do major rallies with it and to log 25k miles in the first full season with it.

I am always promised new models in May and I get them in September. why would this be any different. it will be unveiled in March.

when I get it I will make it into a rally car and run major rallies right away

WHY MAKE AN SV ROADSTER? Oh fuk it.... if they do I'll buy one of those ... chrome it and ride in rallies in it... who am I kidding lol sold

And that's why they will make a roadster version if they can. That's why there were reventon roadsters, why there are Veneno roadsters. They are in the business of making money.

"roaster is heavier by several hundred pounds" -- has anyone actually weighed them? I'd be quite surprised if the roadster needed "several hundred pounds" of strengthening with a carbon tub and no folding top mechanism. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that doesn't make any sense.

Many of the best, most rigid super cars in the world are topless: Koenigsegg, 918, CGT, Zonda, etc.

Whatever your starting point in terms of weight is, of course it's going to help lowering that 100kg from a SV diet. Doesn't matter whether it's a coupe or a roadster.

And don't give me the "roadsters can't be hardcore". I drove a LMP2 roadster for the last couple of years at Le Mans going 310 kph down the mulsanne. Plenty rigid :).

"roaster is heavier by several hundred pounds" -- has anyone actually weighed them? I'd be quite surprised if the roadster needed "several hundred pounds" of strengthening with a carbon tub and no folding top mechanism. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that doesn't make any sense.

Many of the best, most rigid super cars in the world are topless: Koenigsegg, 918, CGT, Zonda, etc.

Whatever your starting point in terms of weight is, of course it's going to help lowering that 100kg from a SV diet. Doesn't matter whether it's a coupe or a roadster.

And don't give me the "roadsters can't be hardcore". I drove a LMP2 roadster for the last couple of years at Le Mans going 310 kph down the mulsanne. Plenty rigid :).

What TeamSalamone is trying to say isn't far from the truth. The Aventador carbon structure was built with the carbon roof as part of its core structure. So when one tries to chop off the roof, the structural integrity went down from 35,000 nm to 22,000nm. (Don't quote me exactly on the figures, but the figures are available if you dig through some of the Aventador roadster press release)

Compared to the 12C, its carbon monocell never had a carbon roof as part of its structure, so chopping off the roof for the 12C made absolutely no difference. But I can guarantee you that if one tries to make a roadster version of the Mclaren P1 (which has a carbon roof as part of its "monocage"), the P1's structural stiffness will suffer as well. So why does the P1 has a monocage and the 12C has a monocell? It all comes down to cost.

While some cars like the 918 was designed from the get go to be a roadster, some cars are designed as a coupe first with the roadster version as an afterthought. But I will bet you anything that if Porsche had redesigned the 918 with a carbon roof and made it into a coupe, its structural integrity will increase compared to the original roadster version. How much improvement in overall stiffness that will bring you say? Well, we will need a Porsche engineer to answer that for us.

What TeamSalamone is trying to say isn't far from the truth. The Aventador carbon structure was built with the carbon roof as part of its core structure. So when one tries to chop off the roof, the structural integrity went down from 35,000 nm to 22,000nm. (Don't quote me exactly on the figures, but the figures are available if you dig through some of the Aventador roadster press release)

Compared to the 12C, its carbon monocell never had a carbon roof as part of its structure, so chopping off the roof for the 12C made absolutely no difference. But I can guarantee you that if one tries to make a roadster version of the Mclaren P1 (which has a carbon roof as part of its "monocage"), the P1's structural stiffness will suffer as well. So why does the P1 has a monocage and the 12C has a monocell? It all comes down to cost.

While some cars like the 918 was designed from the get go to be a roadster, some cars are designed as a coupe first with the roadster version as an afterthought. But I will bet you anything that if Porsche had redesigned the 918 with a carbon roof and made it into a coupe, its structural integrity will increase compared to the original roadster version. How much improvement in overall stiffness that will bring you say? Well, we will need a Porsche engineer to answer that for us.

I'm surprised Lamborghini didn't design the Aventador from the get-go to be full-stiffness in roadster form, as they surely knew they were going to make a roadster version, since the Murcie roadster was such a big hit.

I weighed my 2013 Aventador Roadster on Certified Scales and it came in at 4164 lbs with half fuel.

I weighed my 2013 Aventador Roadster on Certified Scales and it came in at 4164 lbs with half fuel.

Damn that's heavy!

P99, why would there only be a 50kg diff on dry weight but 100kg with fluids? Sounds like different fuel loads.

What I remember hearing in some review was that the roadster was 40kg heavier. That sounds reasonable. 100kg doesn't sound reasonable at all. That's the same weight penalty of a convertible with a mechanical top and a aluminum structure.