Who has 85Mil to spare?

Deuce

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that when this home was used for the red Veneno roadster display someone mentioned it was for sale for around $36m? If so, how the heck did it the price almost triple in that time?

Not the same place, the 36m house was cooler!

Not the same place, the 36m house was cooler!

You are correct! This is 1181 Hillcrest, the other was 1201 Laurel Way. The garage/man space in this one is cooler and also the backlit dining table, but in every other way 1201 is nicer.

I wonder if they were both by the same designer?

I love it, I would get rid off, at least, half the furniture but other than that no complaints, isn't this the place where they had the red Veneno Roadster reveal? I remember seeing the house before.

In terms of value, not sure how much the land itself is worth in that area, if I had to guess perhaps somewhere between $10 mil and $20 mil, now if my build budget were to be $60 mil + you would see crazy at the max level, it would make this place look like an outhouse in comparison :icon_mrgreen:

Stunning but overpriced IMO.

good guess, it looks like the property was sold in the high 12's.

I am sure it is just me, and I am obviously not either in the market for a house like that (read, never will be every fcuking ever) or a real estate expert, but I just don't see where you are coming up with 85 million bucks for that place. I know the dirt is expensive, I get that, and all the concrete had to cost a fortune, but I think people build skyscrapers for less.

I love it, I would get rid off, at least, half the furniture but other than that no complaints, isn't this the place where they had the red Veneno Roadster reveal? I remember seeing the house before.

In terms of value, not sure how much the land itself is worth in that area, if I had to guess perhaps somewhere between $10 mil and $20 mil, now if my build budget were to be $60 mil + you would see crazy at the max level, it would make this place look like an outhouse in comparison :icon_mrgreen:

Stunning but overpriced IMO.

i live about a mile from that house, the real number on it is $40M-$50M (still to much but it will trade in that range), They are in it probably 25ish perhaps a bit more. I'll look up what they paid for the land. Its 23,000sf and contuntion cost around $400-$500/ft to build is what the word in the street in BH.

the $85 is just a symbolic number to make the buyer feel like he got a deal

Didn't Aaron Spelling build a monster of a house out there somewhere?

Yes, it sold for $65m a couple years ago to Bernie Ecclestones daughter, and it makes this place look downright reasonable in size. 56k sq/ft on 4.7 acres.

Also apparently for sale again, asking $150m.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erincarlyle/20...or-150-million/

Now that is some house!!

Yes, it sold for $65m a couple years ago to Bernie Ecclestones daughter, and it makes this place look downright reasonable in size. 56k sq/ft on 4.7 acres.

Ecclestone bought it from Spelling, its a huge box jammed into 3 lots. Not a great house.

There are many better homes than that one, the one in the OP of this thread is a good house-not comparable to Ecclestones house, it's very different in many ways. I live right in between the 2 houses. My house sucks compared to the one in the hills, I like my house better than Ecclestone's house, its not comparable-i just prefer it. i only have 10Ksf on a small lot.

I found out yesterday the guy who built the house(its a spec) in the OP is building a 100,000sf house in Bel Air with a 33 car garage-thats gonna be juicy.

• 2 years later...

I saw this house on million dollar listing while under construction. I guess the developer didn't end up using his boy Josh Altman to list. Hell of a commission on this one.

The very definition of trying too hard, but I dig the poolside pop-up theater and chopper.

The chopper is just for show and is stupid. There's no way you could land a real chopper there.

The chopper is just for show and is stupid. There's no way you could land a real chopper there.

I'm sure the zoning would never work, but it looks cool.

So you guys think this will actually get offers over $100m, let alone 250? Come on, the chrome outboard motors and chainsaws are worth at least a pop over $100m. :lol2:

I'm sure the neighbors would raise hell but practically I can't see what the issue would be. You'd need to nail down the lawn furniture and tie up the dog first.

I'm sure the neighbors would raise hell but practically I can't see what the issue would be. You'd need to nail down the lawn furniture and tie up the dog first.

Would blasting this over the exterior speakers everytime I landed help or hinder the situation? Because at least once that would happen in a big way. :lol2:

Would blasting this over the exterior speakers everytime I landed help or hinder the situation? Because at least once that would happen in a big way. :lol2:

I am sure you knew already but just for laughs, nothing beats live sound. Even a stadium-grade PA system will not overcome the low-frequency resonance generated from the blades of the chopper. :icon_mrgreen: Would be interesting to know how long would that outdoor screen remain fully functional though.

In all honesty, I never get the point of this type of mansion. Assuming one follows what is demonstrated and has the exact toys in the house, then one would never need to leave the place. Whatever lies outside may not even be up to par with what's at home! So what's the point? Become a socialite, throw a party every night for people to come then? And how big of a crew does one need to upkeep the place? Not saying about the costs but the fact that there are more outsiders in the house than you and they all knew about your toys seem a bit disturbing. This seems more like a club/clubhouse than a residence.