Huayra challenge in the US!!!

SV-N-IT

Congrats on the world's best street legal race car...I mean P1. Also, huge props to Kris and you for setting this up. This would make for a great Top Gear episode. Well, the British version anyway--but I digress. Like others who have chimed in here, I have little doubt as to the outcome. I mean no disrespect towards Kris and his Huayra. Pagani builds an awesome machine. It is arguably one of the most beautiful cars ever made. However, the Huayra appears out of it's element here. While the two cars may be close in power (depending on what has been done under the bonnet of the Huayra), I seriously doubt the Pagani has the suspension and aero needed to tackle the track you two have chosen. Or most tracks for that matter. And we all know the P1 has this in spades. It was purpose made. The P1 and you will emerge as victors.

Either way, good luck to both of you! I'm looking forward to the footage of this event.

As an aside, I would be interested to hear your take on the LaF vs. the P1 once you've had some seat time in both. I'm going to guess that they'll be close in performance in a straight line but the P1 will be the track king. Enjoy both cars!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... and look what showed up this evening: the Huayra's dance partner :)

post-23330-1413520207_thumb.jpg

Looks amazing! Congrats!

... and look what showed up this evening: the Huayra's dance partner :)

post-23330-1413520207_thumb.jpg

giphy.gif

eqRF5Bp.gif

IDlINsy.gif

love the color, I hope you don't mind me posting this shot for the LPers! congrats once again!

post-2228-1413568531_thumb.jpg

I love the rear end on that car!

Nice on the comparison lap. Definitely a far, far better driver than the vast majority of exotic owners. But even just that example shows how monumental the difference of a driver is. Laguna is a small track, and there the difference is already ~3 seconds between some pro and a very good enthusiast. That's about the same difference as between an LMP2 prototype and a GTLM car: (http://imsatiming.com/Results/2014/TUDOR%20Championship/04-MRLS/TUDOR%20Championship%20MRLS%20P_GTLM%20Qualifying%20Unofficial.pdf).

Who was the pro driver, btw?