Huayra challenge in the US!!!

SV-N-IT

Well damn, good to see Ben Treynor is still around and doing well. I remember him from viperclub days 10yrs ago.

yep hes active on McLaren life. cant wait to check out his P1!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When Kris bought the Veneno everyone instantly labeled him as a guy who is all about money, but that's not how he is. He is true car enthusiast who loves to drive his supercars every chance he gets. I talk to him everyday and he never shuts up about cars!! :eusa_wall:

I have talked to him at length about this challenge, and he has too much respect for money and other car enthusiasts to turn this into a dick swinging contest. He has bigger plans than just showcasing a bunch of rich guys with their hypercars throwing money around. I cant go into too much detail, but he hopes it will benefit charities and create a lot of entertainment for everyone. He is currently in talks with a few people who have expressed interest in the challenge, so hopefully something materializes because it would be amazing to witness.

No dick swinging contest

Loser(s) donates a million dollars to the winners charity

Lets do it

No dick swinging contest

Loser(s) donates a million dollars to the winners charity

Lets do it

Which part of my post didn't you understand? Stop trying to be a big shot, what are you trying to accomplish here? If that guy wants to talk to Kris about the challenge, he can reach out to him himself.

Which part of my post didn't you understand? Stop trying to be a big shot, what are you trying to accomplish here? If that guy wants to talk to Kris about the challenge, he can reach out to him himself.

Kris made the challenge and he has a challenger.

You are the one who said he has bigger plans and wants this challenge to benefit charities. Why not make a BIG difference to a great cause of the winners choice? What part of that is so hard to understand?

If anyone sounds like a big shot it's Kris saying he will embarrass anyone....

Kris made the challenge and he has a challenger.

You are the one who said he has bigger plans and wants this challenge to benefit charities. Why not make a BIG difference to a great cause of the winners choice? What part of that is so hard to understand?

If anyone sounds like a big shot it's Kris saying he will embarrass anyone....

I came on this thread as a courtesy, to keep everyone informed of whats going on. I couldn't have been clearer about his intentions, and have mentioned that there are things at play that you and others arent aware of. Its not up to you or I to decide how it should go or how charities should be benefited. You and I have no vested interest in this other than as spectators so lets leave the decision making up to those who do. Kris is no longer on this forum, so this is not the way to contact him.

yep hes active on McLaren life. cant wait to check out his P1!

That's awesome! He had a nutty blown RT/10 back in the day, one of the first street cars deep into the 4 digit HP range. I only met him a couple times but he was always the most genuine dude, just a car guy that was into anything fast.

There is a McLaren P1 owner in South FL (Miami I think) that has a Porsche cup car. He goes to the track on wednesday nights locally at PBIR. He would be a good and easy owner to race.

I came on this thread as a courtesy, to keep everyone informed of whats going on. I couldn't have been clearer about his intentions, and have mentioned that there are things at play that you and others arent aware of. Its not up to you or I to decide how it should go or how charities should be benefited. You and I have no vested interest in this other than as spectators so lets leave the decision making up to those who do. Kris is no longer on this forum, so this is not the way to contact him.

Ill give Kris a call and see if he is open to the idea. If it happens I hope to see you at the race

There are some rumors going around, but the reality is there are people backing out of their P1 orders as they go down the list, and others are taking their spots. People who really want one and are fully ready to pony up are going to get one...at sticker.

Are you able to send me details of where you can get one at sticker? Is it a built one or a spot for one?

TIA

It is a fun challenge but even if it happens, it will all come down to the drivers . Whoever has the most track experience will win.

Exactly what I was going to say, if you are a good driver you'd hand their asses on a track in a LP 550-2.

If the event is set up in such way where you can take advantage of the unique capabilities of the individual car it might help with differentiating them, it would be fun to see nevertheless, I hope it happens and I hope the underdog wins, the Huayra.

:iamwithstupid:

Kris better hope Webster didn't pickup a P1 or ThethetheFerrari, that would not end well for him regardless if his Huayra has a 1 of a kind engine.

:iamwithstupid:

Love the spirit of the competition, but the reality is a bunch of non pros in mega cars going at it is not going to tell much.

Ferrari back in the day invited Porsche to bring their 959 to Fiorano to battle against the F40, and then did a driver swap.

Something like that would be very cool -- Dario Benuzzi in a ThethetheFerrari going up against Walter Rohrl in a 918....

So is this about Kris driving Huayra or Veneno?

Why there is no Porsche 918 (had similar pace to P1 on EVO's track test) and why in hell there is no Agera or Veyron SS?

Why there is no Porsche 918 (had similar pace to P1 on EVO's track test) and why in hell there is no Agera or Veyron SS?

Probably because Kris doesn't consider the Agera street legal, the Veyron SS is an "old" car, and the 918's AWD could give drivers with presumed regular skills an advantage. By that I mean its easier to drive a AWD car fast versus a RWD one.

Spoke with Kris and he will not race a non US Spec car :/

Seems silly to me but not my challenge

Makes sense...if the cars are racing in the US then they should be US Spec.

It's ok, Treynor in the P1 should do enough. Kris has been talking a bit too much smack for it to be a real "friendly" competition. 918 is probably a great car for this type of competition, but it would have a massive advantage in the hands of non-pro drivers.

Makes sense...if the cars are racing in the US then they should be US Spec.

Do you really believe a non US Spec car would change the outcome of this race? If so I have ocean front property in North Dakota to sell you.

Also fun with a content, but yes, this will tell us exactly zero about the car.

I'm confident that I could beat the Huayra on a track like, say, Laguna Seca in a Porsche Cayman (see the latest Top Gear road trip movie for a reference).

The difference between the drivers is far greater than the difference between the cars. At the Top Gear track, the difference between the current champion, a Huayra on slick tires, and a R8 V10 Spyder is ~10 seconds. I bet you that very, very few regular joe owners will get within 10 seconds of a pro in the same car.

ALL that being said, I'd put my money on the Agera over the Huayra in a track shoot out any time of the week. And I'm a Pagani fan to the nth! :)

It's ok, Treynor in the P1 should do enough. Kris has been talking a bit too much smack for it to be a real "friendly" competition. 918 is probably a great car for this type of competition, but it would have a massive advantage in the hands of non-pro drivers.

You'd know first hand since you had so much seat time developing the car, Asscelerator.

More likely the 918 beat it:

Truth is, despite their comparable technologies and performance, the McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 Spyder are the products of very different ideologies – the P1 at its absolute, mind-bending best on track, where the full weight of McLaren’s F1 know-how and experience coalesce to shattering effect; Porsche attempting to pull off a perhaps even more ambitious fusion of race-bred powertrain and real-world competence wrapped up in a modern-day reinvention of the sublime Carrera GT. It may have turned up late, but the Porsche leaves with the laurels.

If you want a hypercar to take to trackdays, buy the P1. It’s lighter, more responsive and kinder to its tyres (amazingly so). But don’t for a second think it outmanoeuvres the Porsche. The 918 has more mechanical grip in lower-speed corners and, incredibly, it carries just as much speed through the quickest corners here, too. It’s also massive fun. They both are. It’s great to know that the pursuit of extreme performance isn’t at the expense of simple enjoyment. The new world is like the old world. Only faster.