In the ER

Roman

I have got to tell you, I cant imagine what it would feel like if it was actually broken... The pain is pretty unbelievable as it is.

Glad it's not broken, speedy recovery buddy!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully you didn't tear/stretch any ligaments! A family member sprained their ankle a few times over several years ... had to have surgery to tighten up the ligaments so the ankle wasn't so wobbly.

Bad sprain it is.... Stepped in a hole.

laid out in a field for 45 minutes calling for help... nobody heard me Finally crawled the 150 or so yards to the house...

hurts like a motherfucker

oooh hearing that brings back memories...

Best of luck, hope you're better soon.

Sprained one of my ankles very badly when I was young. The doctor said he doesn't know how it didn't break. I had to wear an air cast for a while. A week later I sprained the other one just as bad. I don't think my mom wanted me to leave the house much that summer.

First ankle I was riding my stupid razor scooter when they first came out. Jumped over something and rolled my ankle. I swear my foot was completely upside-down. Second ankle I hopped down the second to last step on a staircase. Didn't land well.

Sorry to hear but glad that it isn't broken. Wishing you a speedy recovery. And make a note to take your cel every time you step out of your house. All the best!

Oh man, that's no good! Hopefully it's not broken.

laid out in a field for 45 minutes calling for help... nobody heard me Finally crawled the 150 or so yards to the house...

At least it's only sprained! Still no fun at all.

Semi-reminds me of a time I was riding a 4-wheeler alone through fields. Was completely full throttle in unknown areas when a large (but not very wide or deep) crevice appeared! I could do literally nothing!! 3/4 of the 4-wheeler dipped right into the hole and of course I went flying over handlebars/straight forward a ways!

I got up completely unscathed (that time!) :)

Good luck on your healing process & best wishes!!

First ankle I was riding my stupid razor scooter when they first came out. Jumped over something and rolled my ankle. I swear my foot was completely upside-down.

Yeah... This just made me cringe.... I dont know how far sideways my foot actually went... But it sure felt like 90 degrees or more....

Doing a bit better this morning... Can put a little indirect weight on it...

Yeah... This just made me cringe.... I dont know how far sideways my foot actually went... But it sure felt like 90 degrees or more....

Doing a bit better this morning... Can put a little indirect weight on it...

Any xrays? You may just have torn ligaments...the ankle is pretty durable. 90 degrees is not necessarily a fracture.

Any xrays? You may just have torn ligaments...the ankle is pretty durable. 90 degrees is not necessarily a fracture.

Yeah... We did xrays... Its not busted...

Used to get sprains all the time playing sports, now my big toe nails break (another story). I can tell you that you probably need to be a bit more careful with it moving forward as the docs always told me once you get really bad sprains it never heals perfectly and will happen a little more easily. Probably not an issue to think about but they had mentioned I would want a break if I ever want to heal correctly

Used to get sprains all the time playing sports, now my big toe nails break (another story). I can tell you that you probably need to be a bit more careful with it moving forward as the docs always told me once you get really bad sprains it never heals perfectly and will happen a little more easily. Probably not an issue to think about but they had mentioned I would want a break if I ever want to heal correctly

Yep.

I sprained this the first time in 1987... Did a small sprain playing football.... Kindof a "Tape it up and walk it off" jobs... Then about a month later I blew it out completly... Major sprain... Intense pain... No weight bearing... soft cast for a month etc... major rehab... Took about two years to really "heal"... Majorly effected my football career. NEVER regained my speed...

did minor twists and sprains over the years... But nothing like this thing yesterday... Which was more like that "blow out" experience.

I have always heard that sprains hurt more than breaks. To me, they are pretty equal on the "Ah! Kelly Clarkson!" scale of pain that you so eloquently put it RD.

I have always heard that sprains hurt more than breaks. To me, they are pretty equal on the "Ah! Kelly Clarkson!" scale of pain that you so eloquently put it RD.

Jeesh... The people who dont follow me on Facebook have no idea what you mean...

During the workup yesterday they asked a bunch of "Check the box" questions and I did my typical smartass routine

"did anybody hurt you?"

"Do Rabbits count? Because Im pretty sure they had a hand in this..."

"Do you feel safe at home?"

"I did until I learned nobody can hear me scream for help..."

"On a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the worst pain you've ever felt, how much pain are you in right now?"

Good news. Glad its just a sprain.

I did it once getting out of my Lincoln Navigator. It was swollen really bad and could barely walk on it. Next morning I took the Navigator into the dealer for service. A doctor was there. Dr. tells me I should have an x-ray. So the dealer gave us a courtesy car and off to the nearest hospital we went. Took a few hours, got an x-ray. It wasn't broken. The Dr. did say its a slim chance its broken, just wanted to make sure. If I remember correctly he did say ankles are hard to break.

Got chills reading this thinking back to when I broke my leg. Don't leave home without the cell phone or a 2 way radio from now on. If I can convince my 86 year old neighbor who is a farmer to carry one at all times for this very reason (he has fallen multiple times and waited hours for someone to come find him) then it should be easy to convince you to do the same.

Glad you are ok RD!

Cut the foot off, replace it with a wheel.

Seriously, get better. That sucks huge. Broke my ankle when I was 18, the bugger still hurts when it's humid.

If they have to amputate, he can have the spare wheel from my Jalpa. I don't know if he'd be happy with that because it isn't a Countach spare, but it's the best I can do.

So... Off cruches... Still braced and walking very slow... Having countach withdrawl....

Having countach withdrawl....

Please son. I spent 5 months between drives. You will be alright!